Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Cook and Davis can really D up from what I saw in this limited sample size. Hope they put the brakes on Davis shooting though. Did he ever pass the ball outside of the one dunk where he looked like he was thinking about taking it himself?

Davis = Harris I assume?
    Yes, where did I come up with Davis from? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Who is Davis?
    Already fixed, sorry that I dared to make a mistake.

I was highly impressed with Jalen. H e has a flowing grace to his movement and other than me he's the only one I've seen it in. On a separate weird note if there is a statistical student out there, I think it would be extremely interesting to do a study throughout the season on the players and how they performed on various nights according to their biorhythms. If there were any validity to the study It could result in an interesting trend throughout all sports. There must be some young person out there as weird as I am. My motto is " I may not be right but I am always fun"
    Last edited by zag buddy; 11-13-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

So fun to see our team back. And what a team. So many new faces. Suggs did a couple things very few players can do. Timme is going to be a beast, and this is Kispert’s team. Lots of minutes to juggle. I have a feeling Cook is going to be a real surprise and be tough to pull out due to his defense and overall game. So many more comments to make but not enough time. Here’s to a full, safe and fun season. Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!!

I watched and recorded on SWX. No issues at all. I can re-watch to catch things I may have missed.

Anyone know of a place to go to see a replay of the whole game? I didn't get to see it live unfortunately.

Highlights are here: https://youtu.be/TJ8FX8_66UY
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Already fixed, sorry that I dared to make a mistake.

Tough crowd, Vultch. Mid season form.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tough crowd, Vultch. Mid season form.
    Just wondering why Strawther didn’t play. Minor injury?

Arlo had the best Stat line of anyone. Played solid d and made no mistakes. He's not sexy (well he does have nice hair) but he's very efficient.

I just saw that in Seattle the game is going to be on Root Friday night at 8.

It's on Root, Comcast 627 at 8:00 tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    Anyone know of a place to go to see a replay of the whole game? I didn't get to see it live unfortunately.

Highlights are here: https://youtu.be/TJ8FX8_66UY

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Arlo had the best Stat line of anyone. Played solid d and made no mistakes. He's not sexy (well he does have nice hair) but he's very efficient.
    People on here sleep on him and I don’t get it. The dude has skills— and if he stays in college four years he will show it— whether here or somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    People on here sleep on him and I don’t get it. The dude has skills— and if he stays in college four years he will show it— whether here or somewhere else
    He isn’t at the level of top college players, but he could get there by next season.

Monninghoff and Keita come to mind. There’s a place for everyone

I see on direct tv ch. 687 it's on at 8pm
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Respectfully disagree 100%. Those guys imo aren’t anywhere near the talent marty is

Respectfully disagree 100%. Those guys imo aren’t anywhere near the talent marty is
    Of course not. It’s all relative. These are not your grandfathers Zags either

Harsh jazz and off base. I predict Arlauskas will prove to be a key glue guy, do everything player for the Zags. Mike Hart is a good study for him. A team w plenty of scorers needs a steady glue guy who doesn’t need shots to be impactful. I’m hoping Arlauskas proves to be a steady, any position you need me to play type player. I have so much respect for any teenager willing to travel the world to pursue a dream. Lithuania is a serious hoops country.

Will we see Arlauskas and Sabonis teammates for Lithuanian national team?!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Coreys an AA. Extrovert him. I kept wondering if Timmewill be here. Ext year.he’s play soooo well. Mature after one year. Does up and down the court well. Good ball handle, scorer and rebounder. Give Ballo this year mature. ... he’ll be a stopper and s Oder.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Harsh jazz and off base. I predict Arlauskas will prove to be a key glue guy, do everything player for the Zags. Mike Hart is a good study for him. A team w plenty of scorers needs a steady glue guy who doesn’t need shots to be impactful. I’m hoping Arlauskas proves to be a steady, any position you need me to play type player. I have so much respect for any teenager willing to travel the world to pursue a dream. Lithuania is a serious hoops country.

Will we see Arlauskas and Sabonis teammates for Lithuanian national team?!
    See my note above. Only way Arlo and the Bonus appear together is in the same sentence

I love Marty, and yeah, he does have nice blond hair. But he's not a starter and will probably be a backup for all of his 4 years as a Zag. That's okay, I still see him getting more playing time than Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I love Marty, and yeah, he does have nice blond hair. But he's not a starter and will probably be a backup for all of his 4 years as a Zag. That's okay, I still see him getting more playing time than Pavel.
    I think of Jeremy Jones when I watch Arlauskas. I think he will be an important piece before he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    But that’s my point. He’s not a Keita, moninghoff sitting at the end of the bench never taking off his warmups. The dude will be a solid contributor off the bench in the next 3 years. Solid, do everything type of backup wing.

But that’s my point. He’s not a Keita, moninghoff sitting at the end of the bench never taking off his warmups. The dude will be a solid contributor off the bench in the next 3 years. Solid, do everything type of backup wing.
    Monninghoff started quite a few games, IIRC. Eight of 30 his first year; 13 mpg. Keita started 4 games, avg about 10 mpg. So hardly end of the bench types. We were scraping the bottom of the bottle back then, the AJ Vilarino Era. No promo videos on that period, I'm sure.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 11-14-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Arlauskas is going to surprise some fans. He's already good, but still just a sophomore.