Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

I also agree on Arlauskas. He does many solid things when he is out there. With the coaching he will be getting in the next three years and the competition that he will practice against is going to keep making him better.

From Jim Meehan in today's SR: "Three takeaways from Gonzaga’s Kraziness in the Kennel"

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ss-in-the-ken/

Gonzaga center Oumar Ballo rejects a shot by guard Andrew Nembhard during Kraziness in the Kennel, Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020, in the McCarthey Athletic Center. (Dan Pelle/THESPOKESMAN-REVIEW)
    “He missed some shots early – he’s been shooting the ball really well,” coach Mark Few said of Suggs. “He was banged up at the start of camp. He’s been practicing a lot more and it’s really starting to show. He’s a quick learner, aggressive by nature. I would say he’s one of those guys that made a jump this last week.”
    “Obviously, I’m a post, I love playing in the post,” Timme said. “I’m not going to lose that, but having the ability to step out if that’s what the game presents, I believe that I have the confidence from everyone to do it. That’s a nice feeling to have.”
    “This team desperately needs (Ballo) as our best rim protector. His low-block game is starting to come together,” Few said. “He’s worked really hard on that (with assistant coach Roger Powell Jr.). We need him to be a better rebounder than he’s been showing and hopefully, that will start coming to fruition.

Few said Ballo is in the best shape of his life.

Really nice article. Good Sunday morning read. I like what Few had to say about the freshmen, in particular Suggs and Ballo. It's looking like Ballo is going to be the backup center. I agree. I thought he showed some very good moves inside for a freshman. The article doesn't mention Joel Ayayi's name at all. I guess Joel is going to have to do something about that. I felt Joel played a very good, consistent gamt. He was THE playmaker. And did that well. I think Meehan should have given him a little more credit. There is something good about sacrificing one's offensive game in order to create opportunities for others. It's called unselfish play, and imo, Ayayi displayed this very well. That too is Zagism.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Great post, Reborn! I always look forward to reading what you post here!

And here is a pdf file from gozags.com with the box score from the game:

https://gozags.com/documents/2020/11...KRAZ20_box.pdf

thanks for the compliment, ZagNative. You and I have shared so many stories and things here for so many years. You're like a sister to me. thanks for sharing so much with all of us here. this board wouldn't be as good as it is without you.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

You're the best, Reborn.

Here's a screen print of that box score pdf:

Just noticed a few things from the stats that ZN (BTW Thanks ZN) provided

Ballo only had "1" rebound in 26+ minutes of play
    Suggs didn't have any assists in 31 minutes
    Lang played 16+ minutes more than Arlauskas - I'd have thought that Arlauskas would have played much more

Not complaining or sounding an alarm but just found these interesting

i expect all three of those stats to regress toward the mean as hundreds more minutes are logged into the data

I'm not sure I would put any stock into the minutes from that box score. Wasn't the scrimmage just 16 minutes, total? I don't know that for sure since I couldn't watch it, but feel like I read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Just noticed a few things from the stats that ZN (BTW Thanks ZN) provided

Ballo only had "1" rebound in 26+ minutes of play
    Suggs didn't have any assists in 31 minutes
    Lang played 16+ minutes more than Arlauskas - I'd have thought that Arlauskas would have played much more

Not complaining or sounding an alarm but just found these interesting
    huh? The game was only 16 min long. And it was a scrimmage.. lol.. calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    i expect all three of those stats to regress toward the mean as hundreds more minutes are logged into the data
    I fully expect a severe downward trend on Andrew Nembhard's stats this season, and a V shaped recovery next year.

Trust me on this...Phil Mushnick of the NY Post posted my recent email in his last column, because he liked it so much.

11/14, scroll down to "Madness Abounds in NFL". Hey, I still get physically ill every time I see that clip of the Immaculate Reception.

And Drew Timme's mom liked my report on Drew when he played against our HS a few years back.