Thread: Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

Hybrid View

Default Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

Has anyone heard if Kraziness is happening this year? Obviously it would be quite different than in years past. Id love to see them use the distancing protocols as a way to stream the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i haven't missed a Kraziness in person since i first attended around 2005,
    would love to see some kind of virtual program that introduced the new and red shirt players more than we get in print

Kraziness is a special event for fans. I have attended all but one. I too am hoping for a video program to introduce the 2020/21 team. I really want the new team poster. Does anyone know if they are available this year in the Zag store on campus?

Go Zags!!!

I know we are a top program now, but still the small school in us shows in many respects:
    big schools often have pre season
    press releases on TV
    talk shows on their sports on TV
    video interviews with new players, etc.
    Heister, though lacking professionalism and with personality issues as a sportscaster, produced the decade of excellence 11 years ago, and that is the only special i can think of the GU has produced on the Zags, other than kraziness.
    nice that HBO did the series on the road to the Big Dance.
    Also I suppose the athletic dept and basketball staff are up to their ears in trying to get some games off the ground during Virus, and producing media for their fans to consume is about last on their list of importance.
    wouldn't it be great if Hudson and Ammo went around interviewing the new players?? !!! wow, that would be so great
    this opinion is just for pre-season
    once the games begin i really like the Mark Few show, press releases etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I know we are a top program now, but still the small school in us shows in many respects:
    big schools often have pre season
    press releases on TV
    talk shows on their sports on TV
    video interviews with new players, etc.
    Heister, though lacking professionalism and with personality issues as a sportscaster, produced the decade of excellence 11 years ago, and that is the only special i can think of the GU has produced on the Zags, other than kraziness.
    nice that HBO did the series on the road to the Big Dance.
    Also I suppose the athletic dept and basketball staff are up to their ears in trying to get some games off the ground during Virus, and producing media for their fans to consume is about last on their list of importance.
    wouldn't it be great if Hudson and Ammo went around interviewing the new players?? !!! wow, that would be so great
    this opinion is just for pre-season
    once the games begin i really like the Mark Few show, press releases etc.
    I dont think Heister is unprofessional at all. Is the banter over the top at times on broadcasts, sure. I can think of a lot if national guys I dislike far more.

Feels like an obvious opportunity to make some money to support the program.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I will say that around here in ACC and SEC country, college basketball is not on the radar at all.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Ball View Post
    Has anyone heard if Kraziness is happening this year? Obviously it would be quite different than in years past. Id love to see them use the distancing protocols as a way to stream the event.

Heck Id pay to see an online live stream of this scrimmage for a 2020 Kraziness event and happily support GU athletics in the process. Veterans vs newbies, go stake your claim to a key role this year young stars!

Blue team:
    Cook
    Ayayi
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme

Red team
    Suggs
    Harris
    Strawther
    Arlauskas/ Zakharov ???
    Ballo
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Heck Id pay to see an online live stream of this scrimmage for a 2020 Kraziness event and happily support GU athletics in the process. Veterans vs newbies, go stake your claim to a key role this year young stars!

Blue team:
    Cook
    Ayayi
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme

Red team
    Suggs
    Harris
    Strawther
    Arlauskas/ Zakharov ???
    Ballo
    Sign me up to see that one as well. Although for fairness, I would swap Watson with Arlauskas and Zak. They played more that Watty, and that would even up the teams IMO

I never get to see them... so yes... please stream it!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I never get to see them... so yes... please stream it!
    Count me in!

I have heard that there will be calendars available, just not sure when or how to get them.

I see it on Root here in Spokane on Thursday. Im not sure theyd be able to show it over the National scheduled shows on khq

Everything looked as I expected, at least from a scrimmage standpoint. Nothing changed on what I thought the lineup will be and where guys are.

Ballo is a little further along than I had heard, which was a role like Rui his first year, but he is a 3 year guy likely. Going to be a good player but still dont see the explosive athleticism that some say he has.

Starting lineup will be Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, Watson, and Timme. Cook, Ballo, Harris, and one of Strawther/Arlauskas are the main bench. Pavel will only get limited minutes IMO.

Cook and Harris can really D up from what I saw in this limited sample size. Hope they put the brakes on Davis shooting though. Did he ever pass the ball outside of the one dunk where he looked like he was thinking about taking it himself?

Last edited by Mr Vulture; 11-13-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Cook and Davis can really D up from what I saw in this limited sample size. Hope they put the brakes on Davis shooting though. Did he ever pass the ball outside of the one dunk where he looked like he was thinking about taking it himself?

Davis = Harris I assume?

Great comments and thoughts.

My take:
    Timme's ball handling and moves in open court were incredible for a guy his size. His outside shooting has really
    improved because last year when he and Petro were in at the same time, opposing teams collapsed the middle and dared them
    to shoot mid range. Also, one of the coaches mentioned, maybe Mark Few, that he can even step back to the 3pt line now.
    Personally, plus taking into consideration his injuries, I think he is quicker than Tillie but not as good on defense yet.

Kispert and Ayayi looked great and I like Kispert attacking the basket more. He has a great build and I can see him
    playing the 4 in small ball situations.

I watched Watson in high school. He definitely can hit the 3 on a consistent basis and was an incredible passer.
    He still hasn't gotten into the flow and I expect this to happen this year.

Suggs looked great as all have mentioned but I hope that he does not try to force his outside shot. In FIBA he
    was the starter but his shooting percentages were not that good but his defense & ball handling were. Granted,
    he started getting hot toward the end but if I am not mistaken, he missed his first 3 or 4. Norvell was the same way,
    he could be ice cold and then get hot.

I think one of the keys is Aaron Cooke. This kid can ball. If not mistaken he got a few blocks and a number of
    deflections. His ball hawking skills were great. If you watched him closely, he was doing all those little things
    that makes the whole team better. He made some fantastic passes, especially the one to Suggs. He has a sweet
    stroke and made a good drive for a basket. Had he not been so unselfish, he could have scored a lot more. I can
    see why Few and the coaches are so high on him. I could easily see him starting in a number situations and if not,
    he will be the first guard of the bench.

Ballo has some development work ahead of him but he did have a nice block and backed downed Timme for a basket.

We haven't seen Strawther yet but I think he will definitely getting some playing time. He lit things up in FIBA.

Truly an embarrassment of riches.

The WCC will be even stronger than expected: If BYU gels quickly, they could have a great year considering their depth and talent. We will know quickly because
    they have scheduled some strong opponents. St. Marys just got good news that Van Komen will be eligible giving them 3 players 6-10 or taller, Pepperdine with Colbey Ross
    and Edwards at Pepperdine will be touch and San Francisco as well.

On a side note.....am I the only one who got a Silas Melson vibe from watching Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    On a side note.....am I the only one who got a Silas Melson vibe from watching Harris?
    Silas X 3.

Silas was a good role player, but if Harris' ceiling is Melson I would be very disappointed. I have much higher hopes for Dom.

I was feeling more like Norvell with better D or maybe GBJ.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Cook and Davis can really D up from what I saw in this limited sample size. Hope they put the brakes on Davis shooting though. Did he ever pass the ball outside of the one dunk where he looked like he was thinking about taking it himself?

Davis = Harris I assume?
    Yes, where did I come up with Davis from? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Everything looked as I expected, at least from a scrimmage standpoint. Nothing changed on what I thought the lineup will be and where guys are.

Ballo is a little further along than I had heard, which was a role like Rui his first year, but he is a 3 year guy likely. Going to be a good player but still dont see the explosive athleticism that some say he has.

Starting lineup will be Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, Watson, and Timme. Cook, Ballo, Davis, and one of Strawther/Arlauskas are the main bench. Pavel will only get limited minutes IMO.

Who is Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Who is Davis?
    Already fixed, sorry that I dared to make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Already fixed, sorry that I dared to make a mistake.

Tough crowd, Vultch. Mid season form.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tough crowd, Vultch. Mid season form.
    Just wondering why Strawther didnt play. Minor injury?