Thread: Could we Start 3 Guards + Kispert?

Hybrid View

Default Could we Start 3 Guards + Kispert?

In a recent interview with Coach Few, the moderator asked about Jalen Suggs and the guards and before going on and on about Suggs, Few went on and on about Aaron Cook and the leadership, skill and potential that he has to help the squad. I also recently saw a post where he looks pretty darn explosive even though he is 6'1. Averaged 15 ppg and 3 steals in a decent conference.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that we would start:

Cook 6'1
    Suggs 6'4
    Ayayi 6'5
    Kispert 6'7
    Timme 6'10

Few has gone "Small" before, has shown he gives priority to upperclassmen, and listening to how he spoke about Cook, even before talking about Suggs, makes me think he has big plans for Cook.

Thoughts?

- interesting question. my answer is the possibility is slim.
    - i think as far as a starting line up you will see watson starting. he has the potential of being the biggest game changer on the team.
    - not to say if coach wants to play a bit of small ball, these five could easily see floor time together.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    In a recent interview with Coach Few, the moderator asked about Jalen Suggs and the guards and before going on and on about Suggs, Few went on and on about Aaron Cook and the leadership, skill and potential that he has to help the squad. I also recently saw a post where he looks pretty darn explosive even though he is 6'1. Averaged 15 ppg and 3 steals in a decent conference.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that we would start:

Cook 6'1
    Suggs 6'4
    Ayayi 6'5
    Kispert 6'7
    Timme 6'10

Few has gone "Small" before, has shown he gives priority to upperclassmen, and listening to how he spoke about Cook, even before talking about Suggs, makes me think he has big plans for Cook.

Thoughts?
    I think Watson is in if Few goes 'small'. He will be our best defender. Advantages in defense and quickness are the reason you go small and Watson brings both of those.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Swap Watty for Kispert to bolster D and rebounding.

I think between Kispert and Watson you maybe end up seeing a lineup like that for 6 or 8 minutes a game on average over the course of the year.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

He mentioned expecting a 4 guard lineup in his interview with Villanova’s coach, if I recall properly. My initial thought was Kispert as the fourth “guard” at the 4 spot.

So many options this year...

Tough one Jazz. Watson, Kispert, Timme, Ayayi are pretty easy. But five is tough. Hope the hype on Suggs is real and he's #5, but I can't put an untested freshman there. I want it to be Ballo, but Few hasn't really talked him up. Nembhard might be #5 even though he's redshirting.

In terms of upside the top 3 have to be Suggs, Watty and Tims all projected first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    In terms of upside the top 3 have to be Suggs, Watty and Tims all projected first rounders.
    Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder for next year?
    Not next year. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Not next year. Eventually.
    Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder eventually?