Thread: Hot stuff from ESPN.

Default Hot stuff from ESPN.

More from ESPN.

10. SF Caleb Houstan
    6-8, 175 pounds
    Montverde Academy (Florida)

In the mix: Arizona, Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, others

It's relatively early in Houstan's recruitment, since he didn't reclassify from 2022 into 2021 until July and he obviously hasn't been able to go on any visits or host any coaches since making that decision. He holds offers from a number of elite programs, with Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan, North Carolina all strongly linked in recent weeks. Duke is expected to be a major factor in his recruitment, and Gonzaga is also going to be squarely in the mix. The Zags have had plenty of success recruiting from Canada and Montverde Academy (Florida) in recent years, and will have Andrew Nembhard, who ticks both of those boxes, on the roster this season. Michigan and North Carolina are two other programs that have positioned themselves in a decent spot.

Prediction: Duke or Gonzaga
    Confidence level: N/A

Gonzaga: Here's a legitimate sleeper to finish atop the rankings. Right now, Mark Few has two ESPN 100 prospects in the fold in Ben Gregg (No. 29) and Kaden Perry (No. 75), but the Zags are also seriously in the mix for Chet Holmgren (No. 1), Caleb Houstan (No. 10) and Hunter Sallis (No. 19). The Bulldogs are probably the favorite for Holmgren, are in the top group for Houstan and are a sneaky option for Sallis besides Kentucky and North Carolina. They would have to finish the class with a tremendous three-player run but don't rule it out.

How crazy is it that we have a shot at having the best recruiting class in the nation?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

"The Bulldogs are probably the favorite for Holmgren, are in the top group for Houstan and are a sneaky option for Sallis [...]" I'm going to read that a few more times. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    "The Bulldogs are probably the favorite for Holmgren, are in the top group for Houstan and are a sneaky option for Sallis [...]" I'm going to read that a few more times. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    Not sure that feeling passes muster here, JP.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Not sure that feeling passes muster here, JP.
    I'll take any kind of good news I can these days, but I am choosing to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised if any of these guys sign on the dotted line.

I'll take any kind of good news I can these days, but I am choosing to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised if any of these guys sign on the dotted line.
    Agree. But I was half jokingly referring to the possible erotic nature of your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree. But I was half jokingly referring to the possible erotic nature of your comment.
    As I was typing it, I actually thought of the line from Wayne's World when one of them says, "She makes me file kind of funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class", but I didn't think anyone else would go there... I definitely had a G-rated warm and fuzzy in mind, or maybe the PG-13 kind like when you drink a shot of whisky.

As I was typing it, I actually thought of the line from Wayne's World when one of them says, "She makes me file kind of funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class", but I didn't think anyone else would go there... I definitely had a G-rated warm and fuzzy in mind, or maybe the PG-13 kind like when you drink a shot of whisky.

Ok, that’s TMI.