Thread: Paulo Banchero and Duke

Default Paulo Banchero and Duke

This explains the sudden switch to Duke.

https://balldurham.com/2020/09/22/du...n-six-figures/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

While I understand the argument that these college athletes deserve some share of the money they generate for their schools, this article just highlights how bad this will be for college basketball. Bottom line is...the bigger the name (University) the more money you can/will make as a student athlete playing at that school.
    The smaller programs stand no chance to land a recruit who now sees the opportunity to make six figures while they p,anyone year of college hoops before heading pro.
    The get richer

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    This explains the sudden switch to Duke.

https://balldurham.com/2020/09/22/du...n-six-figures/

I definitely didn't get that (money) from the interview more so of wanting to be in the limelight for Super Tuesday stage and big ACC games since he's a huge college basketball fan, Duke was always in the picture and only outsiders didn't know according to Banchero
    Last edited by Sneakerhead253; 09-23-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Phone autocorrect

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Who?
    I think "nonperson" might be the apt technical term for the Duke recruit, unless you were referring to Coach Ratzyzewksi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    While I understand the argument that these college athletes deserve some share of the money they generate for their schools, this article just highlights how bad this will be for college basketball. Bottom line is...the bigger the name (University) the more money you can/will make as a student athlete playing at that school.
    The smaller programs stand no chance to land a recruit who now sees the opportunity to make six figures while they p,anyone year of college hoops before heading pro.
    The get richer
    The cynical person in me thought that California's initial move toward this was a ploy to make their big-market teams like UCLA relevant again.

Who?
    This is the kind of response disgruntled fan bases give when they miss a big recruit. The only thing that changed your support is that he didn't pick the Zags. I came to the board for the first time since Caldwell left to see how things were. Now I'm reminded why I left. Zags fans are better, and the program is bigger than this pettiness.

Be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    This is the kind of response disgruntled fan bases give when they miss a big recruit. The only thing that changed your support is that he didn't pick the Zags. I came to the board for the first time since Caldwell left to see how things were. Now I'm reminded why I left. Zags fans are better, and the program is bigger than this pettiness.

Be better.
    Like you? I support BZ's House, close the door on your way out!

Go!! Zags!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post

Be better.
    Be gone, holier than thou.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I think "nonperson" might be the apt technical term for the Duke recruit, unless you were referring to Coach Ratzyzewksi.
    Agree JP. All in jest, apparently lost on some here.

Agree JP. All in jest, apparently lost on some here.
    All in good fun, I thought. This place needs a [sarcasm][/sarcasm] function.

Be gone, holier than thou.
    I was thinking the same. Nothing like being talked down to. Must be nice to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I was thinking the same. Nothing like being talked down to. Must be nice to be perfect.
    It's tough, to be honest. Most people don't understand the pressure.
    It's not funny.