Thread: Mark Few on Talking Villanova Podcast with Jay Wright

Default Mark Few on Talking Villanova Podcast with Jay Wright

Fun, fun podcast with Mark Few and Jay Wright: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQIDBAF&ep=6

That was an informative interview by coach Wright. Lots of good tidbits on the Zags culture, and the history of the program since 1999.
    These two are good friends, and no doubt the best two coaches in college basketball. I don't particular think they like to play against each other,
    but it would be great if they do schedule to play each other in a home and home on campus settings.
    I have a feeling we will have a Zags vs Nova showdown in the Tournament this year...lets hope there will be a NCAA Tournament this year.
    Thanks ZN for the link.

If you haven't listened to this podcast, you owe it to yourself to do so now. It's the most informative thing I've ever listened to, and I'm four times in by now.

Jay Wright is an incredible good guy, and Mark Few shares so much insider information in this podcast with him.

It’s such a fun listen... they are clearly good friends.

I knew that Coach Few had good relationships with coaches throughout the industry, but it was pretty great hearing that actually play out in a conversation.

Thanks ZagNative.

Mark Few wake surfs!? Too cool.

He was so candid and removed the veil on the program a lot. I hope he didn't give away any trade secrets Gonzaga is a special place, and Gonzaga people make it that way.

I appreciated his comments about there being so much pressure on players to perform right away, and that players need a certain amount of selfishness to be good players. He seems to be really tuned in to the psyche of the college athlete. Personal improvement Mondays to help the players take a step back and get out of the gym seems to be a great idea.

"We all know that Tommy Lloyd, my assistant for all these years, he'll be the next head coach here too" - Mark Few.
    From the podcast at 16:34.