Thread: Great Tommy Lloyd Interview - World of Basketball podcast

Default Great Tommy Lloyd Interview - World of Basketball podcast

I donít see this posted yet but my apologies if Iím missing it. Hope this link works. Fran Fraschilla has a podcast that focuses on international basketball and has our international savant recruiter tommy Lloyd as a guest. It has great insight into how some of our favorite zags were recruited.

Ps. There is an earlier episode with Kevin Pangos and Kelly Olynyk where they talk about GU and Canadian b-ball.

Listen to Tommy Lloyd - Gonzaga Bulldogs Assistant Coach from World of Basketball with Fran Fraschilla on Apple Podcasts. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000491525833

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    I donít see this posted yet but my apologies if Iím missing it. Hope this link works. Fran Fraschilla has a podcast that focuses on international basketball and has our international savant recruiter tommy Lloyd as a guest. It has great insight into how some of our favorite zags were recruited.

Ps. There is an earlier episode with Kevin Pangos and Kelly Olynyk where they talk about GU and Canadian b-ball.

Listen to Tommy Lloyd - Gonzaga Bulldogs Assistant Coach from World of Basketball with Fran Fraschilla on Apple Podcasts. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000491525833
    Great interview. One part that caught my ear is Lloyd's comment about how well both Ballo AND Zackharov have improved going into the new season. Maybe, just maybe, the Zags will have not one, but two, 7 footers in the front court rotation along with Timmie and Watson.

Man, some of those crazy travel stories......Tommy earns every penny that he makes.

To think we were perhaps a game of ping pong away from never seeing Ronnie at GU. He is one of my all-time favorites

Thanks OC. Very enjoyable.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Another cool interview, this time with Pangos and KO, that was referenced in that podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000479584844

(Episode 5 for those they want to search it on a different platform)

Quote Originally Posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
    Great interview. One part that caught my ear is Lloyd's comment about how well both Ballo AND Zackharov have improved going into the new season. Maybe, just maybe, the Zags will have not one, but two, 7 footers in the front court rotation along with Timmie and Watson.
    This was an interesting tidbit. Tommy seemed a little tempered in his evaluation saying that he considers this year to be like freshman year for both players - leading me to believe they can both contribute but not be studs necessarily. However, I was left with the impression that Coach Few might have higher expectations.

I also really cracked up when they implied Tommy got totally sh**faced with the Sabonis family (at I think this years nba all star weekend?)

Very entertaining, thanks for that.

Very informative. Franny loves his cbb niche and the Zags. Canít believe someone doesnít poach Tommy with a multi million offer. Not getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Very informative. Franny loves his cbb niche and the Zags. Can’t believe someone doesn’t poach Tommy with a multi million offer. Not getting any younger.
    I'm pretty certain Tommy is on a pretty select list of assistants that could break into a head coaching job at a pretty high profile school. I just don't think he wants to.

He's been tabbed as GU's HC-in-waiting and Few's been pretty vocal about not wanting to coach forever. I suspect we'll see the handoff sooner than some might anticipate.

Thanks OCZag! Great listen for this Zag fan.