• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCzag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Mar 2018

Great Tommy Lloyd Interview - World of Basketball podcast

I don’t see this posted yet but my apologies if I’m missing it. Hope this link works. Fran Fraschilla has a podcast that focuses on international basketball and has our international savant recruiter tommy Lloyd as a guest. It has great insight into how some of our favorite zags were recruited.

Ps. There is an earlier episode with Kevin Pangos and Kelly Olynyk where they talk about GU and Canadian b-ball.

Listen to Tommy Lloyd - Gonzaga Bulldogs Assistant Coach from World of Basketball with Fran Fraschilla on Apple Podcasts. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000491525833
  • VaBeachZAG
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OCzag View Post
    I don’t see this posted yet but my apologies if I’m missing it. Hope this link works. Fran Fraschilla has a podcast that focuses on international basketball and has our international savant recruiter tommy Lloyd as a guest. It has great insight into how some of our favorite zags were recruited.

Ps. There is an earlier episode with Kevin Pangos and Kelly Olynyk where they talk about GU and Canadian b-ball.

Listen to Tommy Lloyd - Gonzaga Bulldogs Assistant Coach from World of Basketball with Fran Fraschilla on Apple Podcasts. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000491525833
    Great interview. One part that caught my ear is Lloyd's comment about how well both Ballo AND Zackharov have improved going into the new season. Maybe, just maybe, the Zags will have not one, but two, 7 footers in the front court rotation along with Timmie and Watson.

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

If you do not have iTunes:

01:03:14 - Fran Fraschilla is joined by Gonzaga Bulldogs Assistant Coach Tommy Lloyd. The two discuss a wide variety of topics, including: Tommy on why Gonzag…

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Man, some of those crazy travel stories......Tommy earns every penny that he makes.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

To think we were perhaps a game of ping pong away from never seeing Ronnie at GU. He is one of my all-time favorites

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Thanks OC. Very enjoyable.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Another cool interview, this time with Pangos and KO, that was referenced in that podcast:

(Episode 5 for those they want to search it on a different platform)

Comment

• OCzag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Mar 2018

Originally posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
                Great interview. One part that caught my ear is Lloyd's comment about how well both Ballo AND Zackharov have improved going into the new season. Maybe, just maybe, the Zags will have not one, but two, 7 footers in the front court rotation along with Timmie and Watson.
                This was an interesting tidbit. Tommy seemed a little tempered in his evaluation saying that he considers this year to be like freshman year for both players - leading me to believe they can both contribute but not be studs necessarily. However, I was left with the impression that Coach Few might have higher expectations.

I also really cracked up when they implied Tommy got totally sh**faced with the Sabonis family (at I think this years nba all star weekend?)

Comment

• Birddog
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Very entertaining, thanks for that.
                  Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                  All mimsy were the borogoves,
                  And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Very informative. Franny loves his cbb niche and the Zags. Can’t believe someone doesn’t poach Tommy with a multi million offer. Not getting any younger.

Comment

• OntZags
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      Very informative. Franny loves his cbb niche and the Zags. Can’t believe someone doesn’t poach Tommy with a multi million offer. Not getting any younger.
                      I'm pretty certain Tommy is on a pretty select list of assistants that could break into a head coaching job at a pretty high profile school. I just don't think he wants to.

He's been tabbed as GU's HC-in-waiting and Few's been pretty vocal about not wanting to coach forever. I suspect we'll see the handoff sooner than some might anticipate.

Comment

• Zaga
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Nov 2010

Thanks OCZag! Great listen for this Zag fan.

Comment

Working...
                        X