• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
    And to think that Clarke only had one D1 scholarship coming out of high school. Hachimura was raw beyond belief and had to overcome language/cultural barriers.

Yeah, Petrusev's guy is right. The Gonzaga coaching staff doesn't develop players well.
    I forgot about that. What a joke. You can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink. Coach Few mentioned how tough Petrusev was but not much about his teachability, as far as I know.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
      To be honest I don't think Petrusev or his agent believed that for a second. It was just a reason to give that they hoped would make Petrusev look less like a snake. Didn't work in my opinion.

I for one was glad to see him go. I was getting tired of his me-first mentality and his lack of effort on defense.

We're a much better team without him.
      Amen. Me first is too generous a description.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
        I forgot about that. What a joke. You can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink. Coach Few mentioned how tough Petrusev was but not much about his teachability, as far as I know.
        Petro had one foot out the door the moment he arrived on campus. His high school coach told my son that Petro would never play at Gonzaga. Seemed odd at the time but makes sense now. He did play, of course, but his way. By season’s end Timme was a superior player in every way.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

And yet we dropped from first to third in the Way-To-Early preseason poll, with Petro’s departure noted as the reason. That made me chuckle a bit. You can’t go higher than first, but I also think the team got better that day.

Oh, and congrats to Rui and Brandon!
          It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
            And yet we dropped from first to third in the Way-To-Early preseason poll, with Petro’s departure noted as the reason. That made me chuckle a bit. You can’t go higher than first, but I also think the team got better that day.

Oh, and congrats to Rui and Brandon!
            Typical media analysis from 35,000 feet, or at least 3,000 miles to I95 headquarters.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Simple how they lost, Higgins was reffing the game, He is a Big-12 referee and TT is a Big-12 team simple. Anyone that watched that game could see it plain as day..

Comment

Working...
              X