Thread: Congrats Rui and Clarke --NBA All Rookie team

Default Congrats Rui and Clarke --NBA All Rookie team

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    · 56m
    2019-20 NBA All-Rookie teams:

First team: Ja Morant, Kendrick Nunn, Zion Williamson, Brandon Clarke, Eric Paschall

Second team: Coby White, Tyler Herro, Terence Davis II, PJ Washington, Rui Hachimura

And they lost to TT and coach hayseed how?

Your contributions are always appreciated.

Brandon Clarke
    @brandonclarke23
    ·
    45m
    First team all rookie with my dawg. Thank you to everyone who supported me during this season!!! It is truly appreciated Blue heart Beginning and we headed up a long road.
    @memgrizz
    @ Memphis, Tennessee https://instagram.com/p/CFLR6orB6x2/...d=nvj5we5n1o04

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...product-named/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Your contributions are always appreciated.
    Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Zebras without rule books... it was a mugging...

Go!! Zags!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

It's a long story... I'd tell it but I might start crying.

I had the chance to see Brandon in Phoenix before the lockdown and I watched him off the ball a bunch. He had a very efficient game and scored in double digits, I think, and could have scored twice as many points. I think he has a lot of room to grow in that offense. There are some established guys on that team that got the ball more but were clearly worse.

Glad to see them both get the recognition they deserved. Rui had a very good year, Clarke had an extraordinary year. Both of them doing Gonzaga proud.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I had the chance to see Brandon in Phoenix before the lockdown and I watched him off the ball a bunch. He had a very efficient game and scored in double digits, I think, and could have scored twice as many points. I think he has a lot of room to grow in that offense. There are some established guys on that team that got the ball more but were clearly worse.
    BC has enormous upside. Not sure Memphis is the place to realize it.

BC has enormous upside. Not sure Memphis is the place to realize it.
    It was frustrating to watch-- not nearly as bad as watching Domas get mismanaged by his previous team, but bad all the same. I do like the Morant connection and that could turn into something good; I've seen Twitter video of Morant just throwing the ball at the backboard, somewhere between a terrible shot and a terrible alley-oop, for Clark to clean up. They say it is by design and I wouldn't be surprised.

I’ve said it before, but the biggest recruiting factor for the Zags moving forward will be NBA success of their alum. That means a great deal to high level HS players. Congrats to Brandon and Rui. The Ringer recently had a feature on Clarke that highlighted what a great fit he is for today’s positionless NBA. It highlighted his versatility and intelligence, along with his incredible leap in development at GU.

It was frustrating to watch-- not nearly as bad as watching Domas get mismanaged by his previous team, but bad all the same. I do like the Morant connection and that could turn into something good; I've seen Twitter video of Morant just throwing the ball at the backboard, somewhere between a terrible shot and a terrible alley-oop, for Clark to clean up. They say it is by design and I wouldn't be surprised.
    It’ll always be Jaj’s team and over time he may end up being a Westbrook type of ball hog to the detriment of teammates. Love to see BC at a mature contending team with an established pg.

And to think that Clarke only had one D1 scholarship coming out of high school. Hachimura was raw beyond belief and had to overcome language/cultural barriers.

Yeah, Petrusev's guy is right. The Gonzaga coaching staff doesn't develop players well.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    And to think that Clarke only had one D1 scholarship coming out of high school. Hachimura was raw beyond belief and had to overcome language/cultural barriers.

Yeah, Petrusev's guy is right. The Gonzaga coaching staff doesn't develop players well.
    To be honest I don't think Petrusev or his agent believed that for a second. It was just a reason to give that they hoped would make Petrusev look less like a snake. Didn't work in my opinion.

I for one was glad to see him go. I was getting tired of his me-first mentality and his lack of effort on defense.

We're a much better team without him.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

I forgot about that. What a joke. You can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink. Coach Few mentioned how tough Petrusev was but not much about his teachability, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    To be honest I don't think Petrusev or his agent believed that for a second. It was just a reason to give that they hoped would make Petrusev look less like a snake. Didn't work in my opinion.

I for one was glad to see him go. I was getting tired of his me-first mentality and his lack of effort on defense.

We're a much better team without him.
    Amen. Me first is too generous a description.

I forgot about that. What a joke. You can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink. Coach Few mentioned how tough Petrusev was but not much about his teachability, as far as I know.
    Petro had one foot out the door the moment he arrived on campus. His high school coach told my son that Petro would never play at Gonzaga. Seemed odd at the time but makes sense now. He did play, of course, but his way. By season’s end Timme was a superior player in every way.

And yet we dropped from first to third in the Way-To-Early preseason poll, with Petro’s departure noted as the reason. That made me chuckle a bit. You can’t go higher than first, but I also think the team got better that day.

Oh, and congrats to Rui and Brandon!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    And yet we dropped from first to third in the Way-To-Early preseason poll, with Petro’s departure noted as the reason. That made me chuckle a bit. You can’t go higher than first, but I also think the team got better that day.

Oh, and congrats to Rui and Brandon!
    Typical media analysis from 35,000 feet, or at least 3,000 miles to I95 headquarters.

Simple how they lost, Higgins was reffing the game, He is a Big-12 referee and TT is a Big-12 team simple. Anyone that watched that game could see it plain as day..