Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Gregg Commit Official!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedster View Post
    Not that losing Paolo is necessarily a great thing because of the type of talent he is, but we can be thankful Paolo committed when he did. This allowed us to pivot with some great recruits still on the board. Not sure if Gregg sped up his commitment timeline or not, but if Paolo was still on the table the Gregg offer wouldn’t have happened when it did and he might have committed elsewhere. Super excited we got Gregg!

Probably correct. Good thinking!

As far as the third highest ranking, that was per ESPNs site as mentioned by bmiller7.
    It’s always difficult to rank HS kids. This year it will be near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedster View Post
    Not that losing Paolo is necessarily a great thing because of the type of talent he is, but we can be thankful Paolo committed when he did. This allowed us to pivot with some great recruits still on the board. Not sure if Gregg sped up his commitment timeline or not, but if Paolo was still on the table the Gregg offer wouldn’t have happened when it did and he might have committed elsewhere. Super excited we got Gregg!
    Very good point.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I've watched some film now and Ben is everything I'd say is Zag material. He looks like a Zag. When the saying "White men can't jump," they never had Ben in mind. This kid can jump and dunk. That is where I see the Casey Calvary comparison. Also he is built how Casey was..."toned." One thing stood out to me in the videos besides his leaping ability, he can really pass and handle the ball on the break. Ben is listed at 6' 7" and is only a Junior. He could still grow. If he doesn't I see him as a perfect 3. If he continues to get taller He is going to be very dangerous. I don't see him playing the 4. He is not a good enough rebounder or post defender. Right now he plays like a 3. He could be the best 3 we've ever had.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Ben is listed at 6' 7" and is only a Junior.
    Reborn, I think you may be quoting old info. 247 has him being 6'8" and a member of the class of 2021 -- in his senior year right now. https://247sports.com/player/ben-gregg-46059297/ I think if you search around you will find other references to Ben that claim he is as tall as 6'10."
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    He could be the best 3 we've ever had.

Go Zags!!!
    It will be tough to top Morrison.

This sure takes the sting out of losing Paolo. Welcome Ben! I’m know Big Ben has already been taken as a nickname, several times, but that’s what I’m going with.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Mica Downs was pretty darn good.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Big Ben is OK but i like
    Vanilla Gorilla more

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Big Ben is OK but i like
    Vanilla Gorilla more
    Same
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Its awsome that Kaden and Ben have played together and were roommates in AAU. May lead to great big to big highlights in the future. I'm excited about both!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by White lightning; 09-12-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Same
    Most underrated, under appreciated and underused player in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Most underrated, under appreciated and underused player in the last 20 years.
    I’m pretty confused by your comment Jazz... I think the guys were talking about “Vanilla Gorilla” being a nickname for Ben Gregg... who were you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    I’m pretty confused by your comment Jazz... I think the guys were talking about “Vanilla Gorilla” being a nickname for Ben Gregg... who were you talking about?
    Ooops I’m talking bout Micah

Ooops I’m talking bout Micah
    That is definitely one of the great mysteries. That kid had a complete tool box. I think that was back in the days where Few had a very short leash and was not overly trusting of the players to operate "outside of the system". I apologize for the hijack..... Back to the topic.

Welcome Ben. A great addition and I very much look forward to seeing you play IN PERSON!

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    That is definitely one of the great mysteries. That kid had a complete tool box. I think that was back in the days where Few had a very short leash and was not overly trusting of the players to operate "outside of the system". I apologize for the hijack..... Back to the topic.

Welcome Ben. A great addition and I very much look forward to seeing you play IN PERSON!
    Thankfully, Few has evolved along w the program. Micah would’ve been an asset on many Zag teams going forward.

“Micah would’ve been an asset on many Zag teams going forward.” Change to ALL. He could have been one of the best we’ve ever had. Such a talent!!
    Last edited by MDABE80; 09-12-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    The bizarre thing to me with Gregg and with Kaden Perry is that they're amazing recruits, and yet they're still somehow "under the radar" because we've also been in on Suggs and Banchero and Holmgren. This is an amazing start to a recruiting class.
    I think we are still looking at a good chance for Homgren. Some of his best buds are here already. In today's article When his BB coach from 3rd grade till now (Sandifer) said he should skip college and go straight to the draft, Chet's dad Dave said he presently prefers college and not an NBA combine program.

i put the article in the Whelping Box

Thankfully, Few has evolved along w the program. Micah would’ve been an asset on many Zag teams going forward.
    Welcome Ben!

I still remember posting "Free Micah Downs"... right on about the evolution of Coach... it used to be a very short lease for some Zags... Micah, MVP of the WCC tourney... they ran very few plays for him, if any... always loved me some Micah...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Welcome Ben!

I still remember posting "Free Micah Downs"... right on about the evolution of Coach... it used to be a very short lease for some Zags... Micah, MVP of the WCC tourney... they ran very few plays for him, if any... always loved me some Micah...

Go!! Zags!!!
    He also unfortunately played with some less than team oriented players, just saying. Imagine MD on a team w Perk? Or BS?.

His is actually a pretty sad story.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...range-journey/

thanks for that link jazz, i didn't know but the half of it

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    thanks for that link jazz, i didn't know but the half of it
    Half would be more than enough to overwhelm me, ZGZ.

He is all of 6'8". I watched him play this last year a handful of times. Was very surprised we offered him. Kaden Perry IMO will be a better prospect. Ben is slow footed, not very strong, and does not jump very well. He can shoot though and handle the ball well for a big guy. I wanted him play against Bittle who committed to Oregon and he got his lunch absolutely handed to him. I thought well I guess that's the difference between a 4 star and a 5 star, but then watched Perry play against Bittle and he held his own. Bittle is a special talent, but I don't see Gregg contributing until his senior, maybe junior year. If he is a big time contributor early on I don't think that would be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagY15 View Post
    He is all of 6'8". I watched him play this last year a handful of times. Was very surprised we offered him. Kaden Perry IMO will be a better prospect. Ben is slow footed, not very strong, and does not jump very well. He can shoot though and handle the ball well for a big guy. I wanted him play against Bittle who committed to Oregon and he got his lunch absolutely handed to him. I thought well I guess that's the difference between a 4 star and a 5 star, but then watched Perry play against Bittle and he held his own. Bittle is a special talent, but I don't see Gregg contributing until his senior, maybe junior year. If he is a big time contributor early on I don't think that would be a good sign.
    Welcome to the Board! Hope you have your Nomex shorts on!

Well that makes me feel warm and cozy.
    America's Team!

I bet you're way off on him...just saying. He will contribute, at worst, as a redshirt freshman.