X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdmiller7
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2017

Gregg is our 3rd highest rated recruit according to ESPN. Other sites have him in the 50-70 range. On 247 he would be our 9th highest rated with 4 current players (Suggs, Timme, Watson, and Zakharov) all higher. I'm not worried about him being one and done, but it wouldnt surprise me if he was gone before he was a senior either. I like the combo of Gregg and Perry. Both ranked similarly, but with completely different skill sets, should compliment each other nicely.

Comment

• Jedster
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Oct 2009

Not that losing Paolo is necessarily a great thing because of the type of talent he is, but we can be thankful Paolo committed when he did. This allowed us to pivot with some great recruits still on the board. Not sure if Gregg sped up his commitment timeline or not, but if Paolo was still on the table the Gregg offer wouldn’t have happened when it did and he might have committed elsewhere. Super excited we got Gregg!

Comment

• webspinnre
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
        I like the combo of Gregg and Perry. Both ranked similarly, but with completely different skill sets, should compliment each other nicely.
        100% agreement on this - love the combo of the two of them together.
        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DZ View Post
          It is a very difficult call for me as to which is better, the flash NBA one and done 5-star, or the four star that stays 2-3 years and becomes WCC POY types.
          It’s hard for me to form a strong opinion on that. Suggs, as a likely one and done PG, will hopefully send ripples across the GU recruiting landscape that makes up for his lack of time in a uniform. I get attached to the players so I like the guys to stick around as long as possible, though.

Jason Isbell has a song (about his daughter) with a chorus that goes something like:
          Being your daddy comes natural
          Roses just know how to grow
          It’s easy to see that you’ll get where you’re going,
          but the hard part is letting you go.

Being a fan is a lot like that like that, I’d say, but to a much smaller degree.

Comment

• billyberu
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by daskim View Post
            Reminds me of Corey Violette with guard skills.
            Really? I'm not sure I can imagine that combination, but Cory was a beast and a rebounding machine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
            Surfmonkey89

Comment

• 23dpg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
              Not that losing Paolo is necessarily a great thing because of the type of talent he is, but we can be thankful Paolo committed when he did. This allowed us to pivot with some great recruits still on the board. Not sure if Gregg sped up his commitment timeline or not, but if Paolo was still on the table the Gregg offer wouldn’t have happened when it did and he might have committed elsewhere. Super excited we got Gregg!

Probably correct. Good thinking!

As far as the third highest ranking, that was per ESPNs site as mentioned by bmiller7.
              It’s always difficult to rank HS kids. This year it will be near impossible.
              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
                Very good point.
                "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

I've watched some film now and Ben is everything I'd say is Zag material. He looks like a Zag. When the saying "White men can't jump," they never had Ben in mind. This kid can jump and dunk. That is where I see the Casey Calvary comparison. Also he is built how Casey was..."toned." One thing stood out to me in the videos besides his leaping ability, he can really pass and handle the ball on the break. Ben is listed at 6' 7" and is only a Junior. He could still grow. If he doesn't I see him as a perfect 3. If he continues to get taller He is going to be very dangerous. I don't see him playing the 4. He is not a good enough rebounder or post defender. Right now he plays like a 3. He could be the best 3 we've ever had.

Go Zags!!!
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• SLOZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                    Ben is listed at 6' 7" and is only a Junior.
                    Reborn, I think you may be quoting old info. 247 has him being 6'8" and a member of the class of 2021 -- in his senior year right now. https://247sports.com/player/ben-gregg-46059297/ I think if you search around you will find other references to Ben that claim he is as tall as 6'10."
                    SLOZag
                    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• bdmiller7
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                      He could be the best 3 we've ever had.

Go Zags!!!
                      It will be tough to top Morrison.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2008

This sure takes the sting out of losing Paolo. Welcome Ben! I’m know Big Ben has already been taken as a nickname, several times, but that’s what I’m going with.
                        It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• zag buddy
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2007

Mica Downs was pretty darn good.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Big Ben is OK but i like
                            Vanilla Gorilla more

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                              Big Ben is OK but i like
                              Vanilla Gorilla more
                              Same
                              Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• White lightning
                                Zag for Life
                                • Dec 2017

Its awsome that Kaden and Ben have played together and were roommates in AAU. May lead to great big to big highlights in the future. I'm excited about both!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by White lightning; 09-12-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X