Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Gregg Commit Official!

His game reminds of Ryan Spangler’s.

He passes really well for a high school junior with that size.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Interesting to me that he refers to himself as a “big”. I think he needs to start thinking of himself as a big wing player. Almost a position-less player He seems to have ball skills and good form on his shot. If he is a good man defender he can make himself valuable in a number of different types of lineups.

Arlauskas: 6'6" 200
    Gregg: 6'7" 195 (ESPN)
    Kispert: 6'7" 220
    Gregg: 6'8" 210 (247 Sports)
    Watson: 6'8" 220
    Gregg: 6'9" 210 (SSF)

Brenna Greene KREM 2 video interview with Ben: https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...5-66c1b5e726f2

Gregg has a wide set of shoulders and has the look of a kid that can add some bulk over the next several years. I'm gonna guess he'll be quite a bit north of 200 lbs. before he finishes college. Whatever his current weight is, since his listed weight varies depending on source.

Nick Krupke video interview with Ben: https://twitter.com/NickKrupke/statu...48353348739072

Last measurements 6 10 224 lbs. I think we have a dandy. Kaden, Ben, Ballo, Timme and maybe Chet.....super group of big kids. Somebody's smiling on us. Guard corp is superior. JUst a stunning group the staff has assembled. A; of these guys have super potential. We develop so well. Let's get a few FF's and titles. It's all there for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    According to espn he’s the 3rd highest recruit ever (2007) for the Zags. Behind Jalen Suggs and Austin Daye.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...0-recruit-2007
    Adroit college hoops fans of mediocre power schools should be asking themselves, "how are the Zags able to make the tournament every year, usually advancing to the Sweet 16, while our school does less with more ranked players?"

With our OOC record and 5 straight Sweet 16's, their arguments focused on the weakness of the WCC have been neutralized.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Adroit college hoops fans of mediocre power schools should be asking themselves, "how are the Zags able to make the tournament every year, usually advancing to the Sweet 16, while our school does less with more ranked players?"

With our OOC record and 5 straight Sweet 16's, their arguments focused on the weakness of the WCC have been neutralized.
    Heckuva straw man argument you set up, Tex. Not sure many unadroit or even adroit CBB fans still harbor these grievances. Go Oilcans tonight?

We definitely got a player. what always astonishes me is the great attitude each of our recruits come here with. We don't just go after any good player, we go after great attitudes who just happen to be great players.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

People are underrating him, he's a top 30 recruit and climbing. Kid could easily end up being a 2 and done.

I’m getting more and more excited about him as a player. I followed the Banchero recruitment closely, to the neglect of others. It’s a tough comparison because they are NBA’ers, but he along with Perry may be a one-two punch similar to what Rui and Clarke provided.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I’m getting more and more excited about him as a player. I followed the Banchero recruitment closely, to the neglect of others. It’s a tough comparison because they are NBA’ers, but he along with Perry may be a one-two punch similar to what Rui and Clarke provided.
    It is a very difficult call for me as to which is better, the flash NBA one and done 5-star, or the four star that stays 2-3 years and becomes WCC POY types.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    It is a very difficult call for me as to which is better, the flash NBA one and done 5-star, or the four star that stays 2-3 years and becomes WCC POY types.
    I will go with “B” ... but will certainly support any “one and drones”.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I will go with “B” ... but will certainly support any “one and drones”.
    Seriously, GZ, you should trademark/copyright that phrase. It’s no three-peat but it sure flies off the tongue.

Great get! Love the respect he shows his Mom on Twitter too. Already a Zag at heart.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

I love he got into school he always dreamed off. He is very good player and I am very happy we got him.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

I think Gonzaga has only had two "one and dones." And one I hardly remember. And i have loved this team so so much. I am so happy with guys like Rui, Clarke, William Goss, Perks, Pangos, Bell, Wiltjer. I have loved all of our senior transfers, and Euro and Canadian transfers. Few has built this awesome program in a different way, and I love it. As our reputation has grown, I think now we'll consistently have one and done player on the team, and that's enough for me. I like the guys who stay 2 or 3 years. And maybe even better the guys that play 3 years of college ball. We do need these kind of players. We would not be where we are without them. I don't believe Ben will be a 4 year player. Not if he's the 3rd highest rated recruit we've ever had. If that is the case he'll be gone in 2 and maybe 3 if we're lucky.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    According to espn he’s the 3rd highest recruit ever (2007) for the Zags. Behind Jalen Suggs and Austin Daye.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...0-recruit-2007
    Zach Collins was right up there. I think at least one ranking agency had him a 5 star.

Gregg is our 3rd highest rated recruit according to ESPN. Other sites have him in the 50-70 range. On 247 he would be our 9th highest rated with 4 current players (Suggs, Timme, Watson, and Zakharov) all higher. I'm not worried about him being one and done, but it wouldnt surprise me if he was gone before he was a senior either. I like the combo of Gregg and Perry. Both ranked similarly, but with completely different skill sets, should compliment each other nicely.

Not that losing Paolo is necessarily a great thing because of the type of talent he is, but we can be thankful Paolo committed when he did. This allowed us to pivot with some great recruits still on the board. Not sure if Gregg sped up his commitment timeline or not, but if Paolo was still on the table the Gregg offer wouldn’t have happened when it did and he might have committed elsewhere. Super excited we got Gregg!

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I like the combo of Gregg and Perry. Both ranked similarly, but with completely different skill sets, should compliment each other nicely.
    100% agreement on this - love the combo of the two of them together.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    It’s hard for me to form a strong opinion on that. Suggs, as a likely one and done PG, will hopefully send ripples across the GU recruiting landscape that makes up for his lack of time in a uniform. I get attached to the players so I like the guys to stick around as long as possible, though.

Jason Isbell has a song (about his daughter) with a chorus that goes something like:
    Being your daddy comes natural
    Roses just know how to grow
    It’s easy to see that you’ll get where you’re going,
    but the hard part is letting you go.

Being a fan is a lot like that like that, I’d say, but to a much smaller degree.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Reminds me of Corey Violette with guard skills.
    Really? I'm not sure I can imagine that combination, but Cory was a beast and a rebounding machine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89