Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Brandon Williams leaving to pursue pro career

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Brandon Williams leaving to pursue pro career

    Turns out we didn't miss out much. Best wishes to him, and I hope he's able to have a nice career.

    https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawil...58db04a2f.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,085

    Default

    With all that we’ve gone through as a program the last couple of years,” Miller said on June 2, “one of the highlights for me is that we were able to hang on and recruit Brandon to Arizona not one time but twice.”

    That bond continued this summer, even as it became increasingly obvious Williams’ UA career was over. Miller filled up his 2020-21 roster with the maximum of 13 scholarship players on top of Williams, and also did not mention him in a videotaped rundown of his upcoming team last spring.

    Still, Miller kept quiet while Williams and his family explored what might be next and UA did not officially update its 2020-21 roster.
    I can't help wondering which came first, the chicken or the egg? I am pretty biased at this point, so I'm going to keep my opinion to myself...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,633

    Default

    Bad knee has plagued this kid before we recruited him. Since he missed the season due to bad knees, we do wish him best of luck but I doubt he’ll see the NBA. Shame too. Had a bright future.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I can't help wondering which came first, the chicken or the egg? I am pretty biased at this point, so I'm going to keep my opinion to myself...
    The Tucson Chipmunk’s never done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt. As for the kid, good luck but man you and your family played us big time......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The Tucson Chipmunk’s never done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt. As for the kid, good luck but man you and your family played us big time......
    Coach Few seems to have at least one open scholarship to reward a walk-on with for their hard work. Miller didn’t keep a spot open for a guy who chose him twice- the second time when he was embattled with controversy and really needed him. I really hope that Brandon is the one that moved on first. It appears that they moved on from each other months ago, and the timing of this announcement seems odd.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,530

    Default

    I half expected him to enter the transfer portal at the end of this past season. I had visions of him following the Wiltjer career path back to Gonzaga...
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I half expected him to enter the transfer portal at the end of this past season. I had visions of him following the Wiltjer career path back to Gonzaga...
    And be spurned a 3d time? He ain’t that good, clearly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    And be spurned a 3d time? He ain’t that good, clearly.
    The SS Williams was never meant to sail in Spokane waterways, especially with our additions over the past couple of years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    The SS Williams was never meant to sail in Spokane waterways, especially with our additions over the past couple of years.
    That ship definitely sunk. Frankly, they are recruiting better players (which is kind of a crazy thought for me).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,644

    Default

    Better by an order of magnitude.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    I know there are some great PG's out there but
    jeese, Ryan W did such a great job for us, Zags lifted his game so much, just like it has many other transfers,
    i think in many ways Ryan was one PG for us that probably hit almost every check mark in what Few wants
    at that position

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I know there are some great PG's out there but
    jeese, Ryan W did such a great job for us, Zags lifted his game so much, just like it has many other transfers,
    i think in many ways Ryan was one PG for us that probably hit almost every check mark in what Few wants
    at that position
    I tip my hat to both Admon and Ryan. They bought into Few's plan, and the result was a 31-2 record.

    I spoke to a few of their family members after the A&M game. They both have lovely families, and were blown away by the family atmosphere that permeates Gonzaga basketball.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,644

    Default

    Agree Tex. The mind boggles if they had a 2d year in the system.


    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I tip my hat to both Admon and Ryan. They bought into Few's plan, and the result was a 31-2 record.

    I spoke to a few of their family members after the A&M game. They both have lovely families, and were blown away by the family atmosphere that permeates Gonzaga basketball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •