• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Please don’t insert your opinion of COVID 19 or politics

into any discussion.

Also please don’t make jokes about either topic.

Thank you. GoZags

PS. I am stunned that this has to be said.
    —-
    Edited to add that this article (about the potential of the PAC 12 reconsidering their decision to delay hoops until January 2021) was the intended topic of discussion of a deleted thread.

sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Making an unintended bad joke just cost me 12 days in the hole. I think GZ means it...

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
      Making an unintended bad joke just cost me 12 days in the hole. I think GZ means it...
      12? I got 14 for using the words.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• katman50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Glad to have both of you back!

Comment

• MDABE80
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

We’ll have a season. A great one.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Bad, bad boys. Hope you’re both suitably chastened. Now, how about some comments about John Thompson on the occasion of his passing? Too soon?

Comment

• Markburn1
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Bad, bad boys. Hope you’re both suitably chastened. Now, how about some comments about John Thompson on the occasion of his passing? Too soon?
              Big East basketball. Early afternoon after high school basketball practice on the West Coast via ESPN. UConn, St. Johns, Villanova, Syracuse. Ewing, Mullins, Pinkney, Villanueva. Massimino, Carnesecca, Boeheim, and John Thompson.

Never liked the way Georgetown played, but had to respect them. They were the villains on purpose. Intimidators. It worked.

RIP Mr. Thompson.

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

The tendency of a few posters to insert their political views on guboards annoys the hell out of me. I really hope board management comes down quickly and hard to suspend posters who violate the rules.

Comment

• 77Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2007

Tanks GZ -- totally turned off by the recent road of the board.
                  Go Zags!!
                  “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                    12? I got 14 for using the words.
                    I should be so lucky...lol. I've been in a funk the past few weeks, tired of the heat, tired of the politics, tired of Marcus Morriss getting away with assaulting the future of the NBA, Luka Doncic. It's been less than six months, but I really miss the beauty of Gonzaga's offense.

Comment

• TravelinZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2012

Saving 2020 BB Competition

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                      The tendency of a few posters to insert their political views on guboards annoys the hell out of me. I really hope board management comes down quickly and hard to suspend posters who violate the rules.
                      A truncated season can’t spend much time eliminating teams that can’t win. Thirty-two leagues and c. 360 teamsl play D1 basketball. Less than one-third of the teams and half the leagues produce quality second-round contenders (isolated exceptions, check the history). If all teams MUST have a shot, schedule opponents to eliminate pretenders fast. Goal is 32 good teams after three rounds. Better teams play one game, others 3 games. Reseed, play the rounds of 16, 8, 4, and 2.

Not perfect, for sure. Don’t have the time. Faster? Seed all teams, eliminate all seeded below 128.
                      Certainly of you smart thinkers can improve on this. Have at it; just remember, you can have a season but not a normal one.

Go Zags!

Comment

• zagbeliever
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                        Agree. We come here to get away from that stuff.

Comment

• Mantua
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post

Context matters.
                          Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2013

Thanks for the post, GZ... I've been staying away from the board just because of it, but would love to get back to reading the posts.

Comment

• gueastcoast
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Haven't been on the board in 3+ weeks, my longest self-abnegation exercise here ever. Glad to see this.

I've strong views on both, believe me. But as others have said I come here to get away from all that. Let's all do and be better.
                              Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X