Thread: Please donít insert your opinion of COVID 19 or politics

Default Please donít insert your opinion of COVID 19 or politics

into any discussion.

Also please don’t make jokes about either topic.

Thank you. GoZags

PS. I am stunned that this has to be said.
    —-
    Edited to add that this article (about the potential of the PAC 12 reconsidering their decision to delay hoops until January 2021) was the intended topic of discussion of a deleted thread.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ains-momentum/

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Making an unintended bad joke just cost me 12 days in the hole. I think GZ means it...

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Making an unintended bad joke just cost me 12 days in the hole. I think GZ means it...
    12? I got 14 for using the words.
    It's not funny.

Glad to have both of you back!

We’ll have a season. A great one.

Bad, bad boys. Hope you’re both suitably chastened. Now, how about some comments about John Thompson on the occasion of his passing? Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Bad, bad boys. Hope you’re both suitably chastened. Now, how about some comments about John Thompson on the occasion of his passing? Too soon?
    Big East basketball. Early afternoon after high school basketball practice on the West Coast via ESPN. UConn, St. Johns, Villanova, Syracuse. Ewing, Mullins, Pinkney, Villanueva. Massimino, Carnesecca, Boeheim, and John Thompson.

Never liked the way Georgetown played, but had to respect them. They were the villains on purpose. Intimidators. It worked.

RIP Mr. Thompson.

The tendency of a few posters to insert their political views on guboards annoys the hell out of me. I really hope board management comes down quickly and hard to suspend posters who violate the rules.

Tanks GZ -- totally turned off by the recent road of the board.
    Go Zags!!
    ďThe true measure of a Jesuit education,Ē said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, ďis not what our students do, but who they become.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    12? I got 14 for using the words.
    I should be so lucky...lol. I've been in a funk the past few weeks, tired of the heat, tired of the politics, tired of Marcus Morriss getting away with assaulting the future of the NBA, Luka Doncic. It's been less than six months, but I really miss the beauty of Gonzaga's offense.

Default Saving 2020 BB Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    The tendency of a few posters to insert their political views on guboards annoys the hell out of me. I really hope board management comes down quickly and hard to suspend posters who violate the rules.
    A truncated season can’t spend much time eliminating teams that can’t win. Thirty-two leagues and c. 360 teamsl play D1 basketball. Less than one-third of the teams and half the leagues produce quality second-round contenders (isolated exceptions, check the history). If all teams MUST have a shot, schedule opponents to eliminate pretenders fast. Goal is 32 good teams after three rounds. Better teams play one game, others 3 games. Reseed, play the rounds of 16, 8, 4, and 2.

Not perfect, for sure. Don’t have the time. Faster? Seed all teams, eliminate all seeded below 128.
    Certainly of you smart thinkers can improve on this. Have at it; just remember, you can have a season but not a normal one.

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Agree. We come here to get away from that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Bad, bad boys. Hope youíre both suitably chastened. Now, how about some comments about John Thompson on the occasion of his passing? Too soon?

Context matters.
    Parlez-vous franÁais?

Thanks for the post, GZ... I've been staying away from the board just because of it, but would love to get back to reading the posts.

Haven't been on the board in 3+ weeks, my longest self-abnegation exercise here ever. Glad to see this.

I've strong views on both, believe me. But as others have said I come here to get away from all that. Let's all do and be better.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.