• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

NCAA allows athletes to keep year of eligibility due to COVID-19

NCAA allows athletes to keep year of eligibility due to COVID-19

The NCAA's decision not to dock a year of eligibility is good for current college athletes but may be tough for high school seniors trying to get in.
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

This makes sense to me. Blanket rule, no matter what, this year doesn't count toward your eligibility.

That makes it harder on incoming Frosh next year but still, all things considered, the least amount of pain, maximum flexibility.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DZ View Post
      This makes sense to me. Blanket rule, no matter what, this year doesn't count toward your eligibility.

That makes it harder on incoming Frosh next year but still, all things considered, the least amount of pain, maximum flexibility.
      They should also have expanded rosters.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Good chance to redshirt a player for an Olynyk Clinic.

Comment

• Shanachie
          Kennel Club
          • Feb 2007

I think this is a good decision by the NCAA. This will give some current players (not just seniors) options to continue their careers, and that's a good thing. But it is also going to create hard feelings in some programs. This doesn't guarantee roster spots or scholarships, and that will make for some hard decisions by coaches.

Comment

Working...
          X