Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GU Hoops future unclear

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    The issue is Covid should be allowed on this board. It is a major concern with GU hoops. Don't bring up politics but opinions and facts should be allowed.
    Bickering, calling out posters etc is not going to be tolerated.

Everything in life (almost) is Covid-19 related these days and I fail to see how discussing/arguing details of the virus has anything to do specifically with Gonzaga Basketball ...

Nobody knows what is going to happen but the Mods will NOT tolerate bickering on this Board.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    No fans in any bubble. Plus, the full basketball court in the Volkar Center was built for practice ... not for games with spectators.
    I was totally unaware of a gym in the Volkar Center. Where is it located? On campus? How many teams play in a bubble? Are they all from the same conference?
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

WCC basketball is mostly supported by ESPN television money, correct? And CBS-SN and ROOT as well, to some extent. If we have to play without fans, so be it, but at least we can have a season. If Major League Baseball can have a season without fans (albiet, a wacky one), then so can we.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I was totally unaware of a gym in the Volkar Center. Where is it located? On campus? How many teams play in a bubble? Are they all from the same conference?
    Reborn, feel free to reread the article at the top of this thread. It is a comcept being discussed by the people that matter. It is an idea. A concept that I am hopeful comes to fruition. So there isn’t a “number” as to
    “How many teams”. The WCC bubble would have 10 teams, though. At least that is my guess.

As for the Volkar Center (which is attached to K1 and K2) ... please peruse this link
    https://gozags.com/facilities/volkar...achievement/13

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

I am extremely happy that the powers that be are trying to make a season work somehow. This is paradoxical, but sports has never seemed so minor in the grand scheme of things, but also never seemed so important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I am extremely happy that the powers that be are trying to make a season work somehow. This is paradoxical, but sports has never seemed so minor in the grand scheme of things, but also never seemed so important to me.
    You're not alone.

Reborn, feel free to reread the article at the top of this thread. It is a comcept being discussed by the people that matter. It is an idea. A concept that I am hopeful comes to fruition. So there isn’t a “number” as to
    “How many teams”. The WCC bubble would have 10 teams, though. At least that is my guess.

As for the Volkar Center (which is attached to K1 and K2) ... please peruse this link
    https://gozags.com/facilities/volkar...achievement/13
    Amazing GZ. I never thought about GU having such options ! If you think about it, it’s nothing short of fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Amazing GZ. I never thought about GU having such options ! If you think about it, it’s nothing short of fantastic.
    Doc ... it sure keeps the Zags in the conversation .... and the fact that the Zags are an upper echelon squad is quite helpful.

To be honest, for a brief while I thought Stockton’s Warehouse was part of the equation. But that’d be “outside” the bubble.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Bickering, calling out posters etc is not going to be tolerated.

Everything in life (almost) is Covid-19 related these days and I fail to see how discussing/arguing details of the virus has anything to do specifically with Gonzaga Basketball ...

Nobody knows what is going to happen but the Mods will NOT tolerate bickering on this Board.
    Discussing details about covid greatly relates to Hoops. I didnt say allow bickering.
    Love the zags for life

Apparently, you can't have one without the other 11. So, to avoid all the bickering, no DIRECT topics on COVID on a baskeball board like ours. is going to be allowed............ or it'll lead to cancellation of a thread. Bad manners and all considered. Tangentially as the covid topic relates to whether we pay or not is OK.. Why? some can't contain themselves.......and it gets a bit nasty. See above.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 08-16-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Could always move it to the science thread in the Foo, but gets more reads here. I personally view the dissension as enlightening. Makes me realize just how far we are as a society from agreement and moving to phase 3.

Yea i agree everyone.

Lets hope their is hoops!
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree completely. CBB will go to school on the so far successful NBA model. The grail is May Madness....all roads lead to that and unconventional thinking can get us there. Even 20 games leading to MM would be acceptable to me.
    Why would it be May madness if they use bubbles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Why would it be May madness if they use bubbles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Besides a simple verbal confection, I’m assuming the season would start January February time frame which would push the NCAAs to May-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedster View Post
    I saw two interesting reads today. One discussing the potential long-term effects of Covid, called the "long-haulers". At the end of the day there is so much more unknown about Covid then known. .....
    Peeking back in on the group this AM to see how things are going. Read Meehanís piece in the S-R. I figure all sorts of options/ideas/realities are being explored by schools - KinderCare thru GU. Back in April (or late March) I cancelled an outdoor sporting event I ran that was scheduled to occur in mid-July. I cancelled it due to the pandemic and especially all the unknowns associated with it. Most of those C19 unknowns still exist (how it behaves in its host and to what extent there may be long term health issues). I simply did not want to plan an event that brought people distances to a community that is relatively isolated and deal with how to keep people safe. Knows that cropped up since then that I did not anticipate (but make me happy I threw in the towel early) are 1) the poor nature in which our country is fighting the spread of C19 and 2) the significant number of folks who are just plain stupid about joining in and wearing masks. 160,000+ dead and 1000 deaths/day is likely going to be small potatoes. Now that many more people are infected ... thereíre more folks passing on C19. If you have any mind for numbers thatís a rotten situation. Winter indoor sports are going to face a worse situation than exists now. Trying to plan a basketball season w/ travel involved and close physical contact in an increasingly adverse environment .... Herculean task! I donít see anything at all on the horizon that will make matters better. Iím hoping we vote successfully for change on 11/3. Whatís being done now under the current admin isnít cutting the mustard. Bad situations require dang good leadership to overcome. Itís quite evident we donít have that now.

Politics and COVID..............<rolls eyes>