Thread: ESPN top 25: August 13, 2020- Zags @ #3

Default ESPN top 25: August 13, 2020- Zags @ #3

i think it is a fair statement, 'Gonzaga arguably lost its two top players'
    (Tillie and Filip)
    ok to be 3rd gives us something to have a chip on our shoulder about;
    however, it is also arguable that adding Ballo, Suggs, and a healthy Watson, Ayayi, Kispert returning and the way Timme was dominating near the basket by the end of the season puts us at #1, (not to mention 4 stars coming in, Aaron, Pavel, is a strong bench)

Gary Parrish still has GU at #1 despite Filip's departure. Norlander thinks Timme is going to be better than Filip in time and could put up the same exact stats that Filip did last season. Here's a great Parrish/Norlander podcast mainly about Gonzaga. Norlander and Parrish rip into this guy who is representing Filip who claims that GU doesn't develop big men for the NBA or really just big men overall:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cbs...ast/e/76323131

Think of what people thought about last year's team. The staff thought we might not even make the dance. 31-2, and what would've been the 2nd best #1 seed. For me people need to remember that Fewie has never worked with a PG with the awesome pure talent, athleticism and ability of Jalen Suggs before. The most underrated part of this team is everyone wants to talk about the bigs, but the perimeters are phenomenal. They are at least 2 deep at every position with multiple pros.

My problem with Baylor is that it is really hard to win a title when you have no sure fire NBA players. Definite final 4 threat, but to win all 6 games......they would need some upsets to occur I feel. I am not saying it won't happen, but the odds are stacked against them from a historical view.

If their is a season, zags will be in title game and taking it home.
    Love the zags for life