• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagnut2012
    Kennel Club Material
    • Dec 2009

Dominos starting to fall?

Oh boy...PAC 12 postpones Football to Spring 21'

The Pac-12 announced on Tuesday that all athletic competition will be shut down until 2021, which means both fall and winter sports will be affected.
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Not surprising, same with the B1G. Still expect the SEC and ACC to play. If not, the NFL will just take over the time slots.

Comment

• gbnyba17
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jan 2008

PAC12 just canceled all sports through end of the year, including hoops. Could this be the beginning of no college hoops as well? Ugh what a mess.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
        Zag for Life
        • Aug 2012

- kentucky's coach cal's idea is looking better and better. postpone the season until a january start and end with 'may madness'.
        - sure a lot of the holiday tourney's could not be rescheduled, and team a.d. would be working 24/7 trying to line up new out of conference games
        - but still its an option perhaps?

- then on a personal, off the wall prediction......i think come november this covid thing is going to change drastically, both medically and politically, for the better regarding the return of sports.

Comment

• SorenTodd45
          Banned
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by gbnyba17 View Post
          PAC12 just canceled all sports through end of the year, including hoops. Could this be the beginning of no college hoops as well? Ugh what a mess.
          This means our games with Arizona and Washington won't happen; I'm starting to get sick to my stomach now. I hope the WCC can still play, just play with no fans.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2009

I don't see how you can expect any college sports this year but it depends on where you are at in the stages of grief. There are a lot of people still in the bargaining stage.
            The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Honestly, I don’t see how the Tenn game can happen. No way Tenn can travel to NYC without a 14 day quarantine prior. GU may we’ll have the same requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

COVID-19/coronavirus is going to be a bad word by the time this is all over. Instead of calling someone a butthead, you’d call him or her a coronavirus instead. It’s far worse, you see.

In all seriousness, this is a huge loss for student-athletes and fans alike. The fact that this has occurred during GU’s pinnacle Is quite upsetting.

Comment

• Section 116
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I have had this gut feeling for a couple months now that if there was going to be a college basketball season it wouldn't start until after the 1st of the year. Back in March and April, August and September seemed far enough into the future for college football to have a chance. Now it's approaching the middle of August and I'm wondering, "Is January far enough out to save college basketball?" Time will tell, I guess?

Comment

• SLOZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                    This means our games with Arizona and Washington won't happen ... .
                    And don't forget USC.
                    SLOZag
                    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• Zags11
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2008

Sports is done.

Comment

• CB4
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
                        This means our games with Arizona and Washington won't happen; I'm starting to get sick to my stomach now. I hope the WCC can still play, just play with no fans.
                        Playing with no fans will not be a problem for most of the WCC schools. They've been social distancing and have had crowds of less than 50 people for about a decade.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
                          Sports is done.
                          Might be. Aren’t we supposed to see a spike in the winter? Isn’t that why baseball wanted to be done in October?

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2010

And what does that do for our recruits (namely Suggs)?

Does this impact what Ayayi and Kispert choose to do either now or in next year’s season? How about scholarships for the following year? All of this seems to be a problem now.

Comment

• MDABE80
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

League play is canceled. DOesn't mean GU can have games independently with USC, Tenn, Zona, UW...just outside of the league. The commissioners in no way can force a team to sit home doing nothing....just nothing in their league. I'd be thinking of lining up a schedule with some good teams just outside the control of their conferences. We are No 1 and im not willing to waste that. And test the players before the game to be sure nobody's infected. Im sure the higher end teams would do that...

In some ways this would give us an idea as to how we might do in stiffer competition outside the WCC.

Comment

Working...
                              X