Thread: After the Bonus

Default After the Bonus

The Bonus made his first — of many — this year, but who will be the next Zag to make an NBA all star game?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The Bonus made his first — of many — this year, but who will be the next Zag to make an NBA all star game?
    Brandon Clarke, Rui Hachimura, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Brandon Clarke, Rui Hachimura, in that order.
    Agree. Unless Suggs is all that and jumps into the ASG mix immediately. Love it to be Zbo but not on that all gunner team he’s on.

Clarke just had a filthy alley oop over our Collins and got a tech for taunting haha. I'm thinking refs don't realize the GU family connection, it's not taunting when it's in the family.

I don't think Rui is necessarily the best but that Japanese fan vote might make him the likeliest candidate.

As I'm typing, Collins gets a tech after he bodies Clarke on the other end and returns the stare down lol.

Guys tune in to Memphis/Portland if you can. Two GU alumni battling hard in a crucial game for both teams.

I wonder if the Clarke Collins tiff today is because of bad blood or just two guys going at each other and doing a little barking. It would bum me out if those two didn't like each other. Don't like seeing our boys not getting along.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    I wonder if the Clarke Collins tiff today is because of bad blood or just two guys going at each other and doing a little barking. It would bum me out if those two didn't like each other. Don't like seeing our boys not getting along.
    I can't imagine any bad blood. Just two guys from the same 'fraternity' battling hard in a huge game with playoff implications.

Also, both t's were super soft. The refs were terrible in that regard. I don't think Clarke even said a word and Collis just returned the same flex. It's basketball, its supposed to be intense & emotions run high. I loved seeing it personally. Battle hard on the court & then sip on a few beers together while you fish on Disney lake afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    They certainly didn't seem to be friendly. I guess I have to pay caldwell fee to find the inside info.

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    They certainly didn't seem to be friendly. I guess I have to pay caldwell fee to find the inside info.
    No they did not. Not a smile cracked. Odd.

I'm a Hugh Ballo fan. If he lives up to his potential which I think he will he could make it. But then I've been wrong before.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Clarke and Collins were seen after the game talking and smiling with each other. All in the heat of competition

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    Clarke and Collins were seen after the game talking and smiling with each other. All in the heat of competition
    Not that I’m THAT worried about it, but what’s your source?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I saw it on tv after the game.

I saw it on tv after the game.
    Me too! I was surprised and happy to see so much warmth between them off court. Overall, I think Zags are good guys.
    Parlez-vous français?

Practices within the Zags get fierce too. That what makes them good competitors. BC will be the next all star imo