• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

• rennis
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/announ...2020-reopening
    Clearly the right call. Feel bad for the undergrads, especially Freshmen and Seniors.
    Originally posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr

Comment

• caduceus
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
          3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr
          Yeah, I expect more of this. You know it's bad when the private schools are going to remote learning, as they are more dependent upon tuition (from university level all they way down to kindergarten) compared to the tax-funded schools. The ones that start in-person will very likely be online two to four weeks later, so this is a smart, proactive move, even though it's not ideal in any way.

As of the 25th, there were some 300 kids in Florida that were hospitalized with COVID-19, up 28% from the week prior. It's easy to see where this is going.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

A Times survey of hundreds of schools represents the most comprehensive look at the toll the virus has already taken on the country’s colleges and universities.

Gonzaga one case.

Comment

• AirborneJag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Nov 2009

I just finished a 2 year volunteer gig at the Law School last week. One reason Gonzaga has had only 1 case is there is no one around. Most if not all the faculty and staff work from home and what few summer schools classes that exist are on line. One sees very few folks on campus. Masks are required inside buildings. I think we will see way more cases once in-person fall classes start and the residence halls open up. This hybrid approach seems to be a middle course. Other schools such as Eastern and WSU are all on line this fall although they will have some of the residence halls open. Not sure what Whitworth will do since they announced along with Gonzaga a few months ago to have in person instruction. This COVID stuff is simply wrecking havoc everywhere.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

One thing good is that of the 4.4 million confirmed cases, 152 deaths..roughly 3.4% mortality. And slowly moving down. Still, we need better performance. I've not seen an infection cause so much disruption. Media has convinced America that if you get a positive test, you're death bound....far from the truth.
                One more this that Miami baseball has 11 positive cases (coaches and players) but none are clinically ill. Play em or sit em!lol

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  - report on number of college student cases of covid.....................no mention of how many deaths.
                  - give me time out if you want (mods)............but this article has one purpose, to scare people.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                    - report on number of college student cases of covid.....................no mention of how many deaths.
                    - give me time out if you want (mods)............but this article has one purpose, to scare people.
                    That’s certainly not my intention. I thought it was interesting GU had one case. Period.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2012

- i apologize jazz, i did not mean that was your intention to scare others, rather that was the published article's intention.
                      - i can see how my comment could have been taken as a personal attach on you, i did not make use of all the english words at my disposal.
                      - again i apologize to you.

Comment

• gonstu
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

USD going totally remote.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                          - i apologize jazz, i did not mean that was your intention to scare others, rather that was the published article's intention.
                          - i can see how my comment could have been taken as a personal attach on you, i did not make use of all the english words at my disposal.
                          - again i apologize to you.
                          No problem, GAW.

Comment

• caduceus
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                            One thing good is that of the 4.4 million confirmed cases, 152 deaths
                            Uhh, you forgot THREE ZEROES after that number (152,000 deaths, or NINETEEN 9/11's in six months).

I've not seen an infection cause so much disruption.
                            Really? Wow, I have.

1918 has entered the chat. I'm not that old, but you are neither. Have you not studied history? This PBS video will expand your mind. I don't expect you will watch it, but it absolutely parallels what we are seeing today.

Amazing how history repeats itself. If anyone thinks that this winter won't be infinitely worse, please, please, post your thoughts now for all eternity to see. I'll be here to sarcastically blow your mind and expose what you downplayed was true in a few months from now.

If anyone has been following my post history, I'll be happy to acknowledge any predication that's been wrong. All along I've been talking about the SCIENCE, not the politics or the pseudoscience from social media. Please, refute me. Do your own scientific research and avoid the media that only wants to sway your opinion.

Comment

• Zags11
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

So no hoops then?

Comment

Working...
                              X