Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,636

    Default Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

    Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

    https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/announ...2020-reopening

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

    https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/announ...2020-reopening
    Clearly the right call. Feel bad for the undergrads, especially Freshmen and Seniors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,231

    Default


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr
    Yeah, I expect more of this. You know it's bad when the private schools are going to remote learning, as they are more dependent upon tuition (from university level all they way down to kindergarten) compared to the tax-funded schools. The ones that start in-person will very likely be online two to four weeks later, so this is a smart, proactive move, even though it's not ideal in any way.

    As of the 25th, there were some 300 kids in Florida that were hospitalized with COVID-19, up 28% from the week prior. It's easy to see where this is going.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,938

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

    https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/announ...2020-reopening
    President McCulloh is hosting online town halls for students and their family members this evening and tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to get reports back on what he says and responses to questions.

    Athletics is one of the specific focus areas of the University's Pandemic Response Task Force which was stood up to guide the school's operations in the pandemic environment.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    President McCulloh is hosting online town halls for students and their family members this evening and tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to get reports back on what he says and responses to questions.

    Athletics is one of the specific focus areas of the University's Pandemic Response Task Force which was stood up to guide the school's operations in the pandemic environment.
    Thayne was a classmate of mine. Every interaction I had with him told me he was a smart guy. I'm sure he'll do right.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Thayne was a classmate of mine. Every interaction I had with him told me he was a smart guy. I'm sure he'll do right.
    He was my RD my freshman year.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    He was my RD my freshman year.
    I was an RD the following year. An RA the year before. Different dorm though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    https://www.up.edu/coronavirus/index.html

    The University of Portland announced yesterday that all Fall classes will be conducted online and dorms will be closed.

    Finally, decisions regarding UP Athletics and the state of our fall sports will be determined by West Coast Conference and NCAA leadership in the coming days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •