Thread: Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

Hybrid View

Default Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/announ...2020-reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

Clearly the right call. Feel bad for the undergrads, especially Freshmen and Seniors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr
    Yeah, I expect more of this. You know it's bad when the private schools are going to remote learning, as they are more dependent upon tuition (from university level all they way down to kindergarten) compared to the tax-funded schools. The ones that start in-person will very likely be online two to four weeks later, so this is a smart, proactive move, even though it's not ideal in any way.

As of the 25th, there were some 300 kids in Florida that were hospitalized with COVID-19, up 28% from the week prior. It's easy to see where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

President McCulloh is hosting online town halls for students and their family members this evening and tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to get reports back on what he says and responses to questions.

Athletics is one of the specific focus areas of the University's Pandemic Response Task Force which was stood up to guide the school's operations in the pandemic environment.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    President McCulloh is hosting online town halls for students and their family members this evening and tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to get reports back on what he says and responses to questions.

Athletics is one of the specific focus areas of the University's Pandemic Response Task Force which was stood up to guide the school's operations in the pandemic environment.
    Thayne was a classmate of mine. Every interaction I had with him told me he was a smart guy. I'm sure he'll do right.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Thayne was a classmate of mine. Every interaction I had with him told me he was a smart guy. I'm sure he'll do right.
    He was my RD my freshman year.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    He was my RD my freshman year.
    I was an RD the following year. An RA the year before. Different dorm though.

https://www.up.edu/coronavirus/index.html

The University of Portland announced yesterday that all Fall classes will be conducted online and dorms will be closed.

Finally, decisions regarding UP Athletics and the state of our fall sports will be determined by West Coast Conference and NCAA leadership in the coming days.