Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

Default Message From Gonzaga about Fall Classes

Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

https://www.gonzaga.edu/zagon/announ...2020-reopening

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Important Message to Students and Families Regarding Plan for Fall 2020 Reopening

Clearly the right call. Feel bad for the undergrads, especially Freshmen and Seniors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    3 vaccine trials underway. COVID again!! grrrrr
    Yeah, I expect more of this. You know it's bad when the private schools are going to remote learning, as they are more dependent upon tuition (from university level all they way down to kindergarten) compared to the tax-funded schools. The ones that start in-person will very likely be online two to four weeks later, so this is a smart, proactive move, even though it's not ideal in any way.

As of the 25th, there were some 300 kids in Florida that were hospitalized with COVID-19, up 28% from the week prior. It's easy to see where this is going.

I just finished a 2 year volunteer gig at the Law School last week. One reason Gonzaga has had only 1 case is there is no one around. Most if not all the faculty and staff work from home and what few summer schools classes that exist are on line. One sees very few folks on campus. Masks are required inside buildings. I think we will see way more cases once in-person fall classes start and the residence halls open up. This hybrid approach seems to be a middle course. Other schools such as Eastern and WSU are all on line this fall although they will have some of the residence halls open. Not sure what Whitworth will do since they announced along with Gonzaga a few months ago to have in person instruction. This COVID stuff is simply wrecking havoc everywhere.

One thing good is that of the 4.4 million confirmed cases, 152 deaths..roughly 3.4% mortality. And slowly moving down. Still, we need better performance. I've not seen an infection cause so much disruption. Media has convinced America that if you get a positive test, you're death bound....far from the truth.
    One more this that Miami baseball has 11 positive cases (coaches and players) but none are clinically ill. Play em or sit em!lol

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    - report on number of college student cases of covid.....................no mention of how many deaths.
    - give me time out if you want (mods)............but this article has one purpose, to scare people.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - report on number of college student cases of covid.....................no mention of how many deaths.
    - give me time out if you want (mods)............but this article has one purpose, to scare people.
    That’s certainly not my intention. I thought it was interesting GU had one case. Period.

- i apologize jazz, i did not mean that was your intention to scare others, rather that was the published article's intention.
    - i can see how my comment could have been taken as a personal attach on you, i did not make use of all the english words at my disposal.
    - again i apologize to you.

USD going totally remote.

https://www.sandiego.edu/alert/

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - i apologize jazz, i did not mean that was your intention to scare others, rather that was the published article's intention.
    - i can see how my comment could have been taken as a personal attach on you, i did not make use of all the english words at my disposal.
    - again i apologize to you.
    No problem, GAW.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    One thing good is that of the 4.4 million confirmed cases, 152 deaths
    Uhh, you forgot THREE ZEROES after that number (152,000 deaths, or NINETEEN 9/11's in six months).

I've not seen an infection cause so much disruption.
    Really? Wow, I have.

1918 has entered the chat. I'm not that old, but you are neither. Have you not studied history? This PBS video will expand your mind. I don't expect you will watch it, but it absolutely parallels what we are seeing today.

Amazing how history repeats itself. If anyone thinks that this winter won't be infinitely worse, please, please, post your thoughts now for all eternity to see. I'll be here to sarcastically blow your mind and expose what you downplayed was true in a few months from now.

If anyone has been following my post history, I'll be happy to acknowledge any predication that's been wrong. All along I've been talking about the SCIENCE, not the politics or the pseudoscience from social media. Please, refute me. Do your own scientific research and avoid the media that only wants to sway your opinion.

So no hoops then?
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    So no hoops then?
    Nope. Not in the near term.

Think about this. If it's not safe now, then in November when things are THE SAME (or worse), it's not going to be any different. VACCINE is the answer. Maybe 2021. It'll take six months or more to vaccinate enough people. That's June 2021. That should be enough for you to figure it out. Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

President McCulloh is hosting online town halls for students and their family members this evening and tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to get reports back on what he says and responses to questions.

Athletics is one of the specific focus areas of the University's Pandemic Response Task Force which was stood up to guide the school's operations in the pandemic environment.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    President McCulloh is hosting online town halls for students and their family members this evening and tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to get reports back on what he says and responses to questions.

Athletics is one of the specific focus areas of the University's Pandemic Response Task Force which was stood up to guide the school's operations in the pandemic environment.
    Thayne was a classmate of mine. Every interaction I had with him told me he was a smart guy. I'm sure he'll do right.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Thayne was a classmate of mine. Every interaction I had with him told me he was a smart guy. I'm sure he'll do right.
    He was my RD my freshman year.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    He was my RD my freshman year.
    I was an RD the following year. An RA the year before. Different dorm though.

Nope. Not in the near term.

Think about this. If it's not safe now, then in November when things are THE SAME (or worse), it's not going to be any different. VACCINE is the answer. Maybe 2021. It'll take six months or more to vaccinate enough people. That's June 2021. That should be enough for you to figure it out. Any questions?
    Your prognosis went from “infinitely worse” in the winter to “THE SAME (or worse).” Would you be willing to clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Your prognosis went from “infinitely worse” in the winter to “THE SAME (or worse).” Would you be willing to clarify?
    It's all relative. I don't have a crystal ball. It will be worse when influenza season begins. I don't know why you're nitpicking.

It's all relative. I don't have a crystal ball. It will be worse when influenza season begins. I don't know why you're nitpicking.
    Thank you. You are looked upon as an expert authority here on this topic and the clarification helps.

Uhh, you forgot THREE ZEROES after that number (152,000 deaths, or NINETEEN 9/11's in six months).

Really? Wow, I have.

1918 has entered the chat. I'm not that old, but you are neither. Have you not studied history? This PBS video will expand your mind. I don't expect you will watch it, but it absolutely parallels what we are seeing today.

Amazing how history repeats itself. If anyone thinks that this winter won't be infinitely worse, please, please, post your thoughts now for all eternity to see. I'll be here to sarcastically blow your mind and expose what you downplayed was true in a few months from now.

If anyone has been following my post history, I'll be happy to acknowledge any predication that's been wrong. All along I've been talking about the SCIENCE, not the politics or the pseudoscience from social media. Please, refute me. Do your own scientific research and avoid the media that only wants to sway your opinion.
    Obviously the 152 was in the 1000's. how else could we arrive at that low mortality rate. Ive not seen 1918 even though that epidemic took my grand parents on both sides. So I got a personal stake in the history Cad. And no, you' ve not seen such disruption from an infectious disease in your time. Historically pretty bad.

I have not seen a formal cancelation of the season. I know our OOC is unlikely without a miracle. Cancelation..no. We'll see. For now, league play is still in mind........Jan forward. That could change if the outburts continue in certain regions. I suspect , if the liability issues are developed, the lawyers will scare the administration to simply pass on this upcoming season.

But why nitpick?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Thank you. You are looked upon as an expert authority here on this topic and the clarification helps.
    Understood...cheers.