Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Foo 2020 Apocalypse BINGO Game

Default The Foo 2020 Apocalypse BINGO Game

What’s on your BINGO card? Treat it like the old Celebrity Death Pool Game from past years.

Pick up to ten apocalyptic events. Points will be awarded if we all survive long enough to tally them.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    What’s on your BINGO card? Treat it like the old Celebrity Death Pool Game from past years.

Pick up to ten apocalyptic events. Points will be awarded if we all survive long enough to tally them.
    Definitely a stimulus Applebee's gift card (although I think that would only happen if Applebee's announced they were closing)

Some Thoughts:

The Queen of England never dies.

Meteors hit earth all the time.

Godzilla is overdue, if you look at Fukashima

If naked photos of Trump were leaked they'd immediately be suppressed by ... everyone.

Alien invasion is old news, they're here, just ask the COVID doctor that Trump Jr. tweeted yesterday (not political, the doctor believes Reptilians - which some don't believe are aliens, just from deep under the earth.

It is shark week.

Second stimulus better stimulate better, however it does it.

North Korea knows the one way to ensure it sits on the sea floor is to threaten nuclear war.

That's all I got.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    The Queen of England never dies.
    I thought the same thing about Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland, but 2020 proved otherwise...

anyone have demon sex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    anyone have demon sex?

Hahahahaha. I had "succubus" on my Bingo card, damnit, it ended up being "incubus."

anyone have demon sex?

No, but Reptilians running DC fits exactly what I said - "they're not aliens" - of course, I have some research on this. So, it doesn't get by me.

In a little more seriousness, 2020 will be studied by historians for 100 years. We just better hope it's not the "early 20s" that are studied.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

In a little more seriousness, 2020 will be studied by historians for 100 years. We just better hope it's not the "early 20s" that are studied.
    We're not 100% certain what is going on with school yet in our district (our family is doing online but we don't know what that will look like. It might be live with a teacher, it might just be assignments and the teachers are outsourced. It might be only core subjects, it might also include art, music, etc. Unless the whole district is online, it doesn't seem like they'll have GT available. We just don't know what it's going to look like yet. And that's okay). A few of us parents are starting to look for resources to fall back on in the event that it's only core subjects so that there can still be some of the other subjects we can teach to the kids in our own time. I thought for an art "class" it would be neat to look at the Bayeux Tapestry and see some of the things it tells us about 1066, and then to think about the stuff that has happened in 2020 and draw their own timeline of the events they are aware of from 2020. I'm spending my night playing with Google slides and picking out the least gruesome Anglo-Norman embroidery I can find

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We're not 100% certain what is going on with school yet in our district (our family is doing online but we don't know what that will look like. It might be live with a teacher, it might just be assignments and the teachers are outsourced. It might be only core subjects, it might also include art, music, etc. Unless the whole district is online, it doesn't seem like they'll have GT available. We just don't know what it's going to look like yet. And that's okay). A few of us parents are starting to look for resources to fall back on in the event that it's only core subjects so that there can still be some of the other subjects we can teach to the kids in our own time. I thought for an art "class" it would be neat to look at the Bayeux Tapestry and see some of the things it tells us about 1066, and then to think about the stuff that has happened in 2020 and draw their own timeline of the events they are aware of from 2020. I'm spending my night playing with Google slides and picking out the least gruesome Anglo-Norman embroidery I can find
    I’m a member of an Anglo-Saxon history Facebook group that has lots of information on the Bayeux Tapestry and other Anglo-Saxon artifacts; art, architecture, language. Lots to learn about.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I’m a member of an Anglo-Saxon history Facebook group that has lots of information on the Bayeux Tapestry and other Anglo-Saxon artifacts; art, architecture, language. Lots to learn about.
    I thought I had responded here.

What a cool idea. A great way to teach history. What I have found hard to do is to start there, and not several centuries earlier when the Saxons were invited in>
    The Battle at Hastings was the defeat of the Saxon king Harald by the Norwegian Viking William...by way of Norman(dy). Second generation, as I recall.
    It's not funny.

This is all really cool, except I don't know what a Bayeux Tapestry is (I know what a tapestry is ... I think)

I am not a smart man.
    Mark Twain.

This is all really cool, except I don't know what a Bayeux Tapestry is (I know what a tapestry is ... I think)

I am not a smart man.
    It is a giant woven tapestry historical pictograph of the Norman defeat of the English at the Battle of Hastings in 1066. It was made shortly after the battle to commemorate William the Conqueror's victory there.
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I rate this thread five BINGOS!!!!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

All right, I’ll try to rerail this derailed thread.

My apocalyptic predictions for 2020 as submitted seven months after the deadline:

-Shark attack reported in Lake Couer d’Alene
    -Voldemort returns - joins the GUBoards and gets banned for sharing too many political views
    -Disney announces Jar Jar Binks spin-off movie
    -Cubs win World Series
    -Kanye West announces candidacy for the 2020 election
    -Nation runs out of craft beer - quarantined Foosters are forced to drink Busch Ice
    -Tupac releases new album; still refuses to confirm if he is alive or dead.
    -Kangaroos overrun Dallas Wal-Mart
    -Kristen Stewart named Hollywood Critics Association actress of the decade
    -Disputed outcome to 2020 election with Florida unable to conclusively determine who won that state’s electoral tally
    -Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies while outcome of election is still in dispute

All right, I’ll try to rerail this derailed thread.

My apocalyptic predictions for 2020 as submitted seven months after the deadline:

-Shark attack reported in Lake Couer d’Alene
    -Voldemort returns - joins the GUBoards and gets banned for sharing too many political views
    -Disney announces Jar Jar Binks spin-off movie
    -Cubs win World Series
    -Kanye West announces candidacy for the 2020 election
    -Nation runs out of craft beer - quarantined Foosters are forced to drink Busch Ice
    -Tupac releases new album; still refuses to confirm if he is alive or dead.
    -Kangaroos overrun Dallas Wal-Mart
    -Kristen Stewart named Hollywood Critics Association actress of the decade
    -Disputed outcome to 2020 election with Florida unable to conclusively determine who won that state’s electoral tally
    -Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies while outcome of election is still in dispute
    Do. Not. Even. Write that last one.

I suspect she has her decision (whatever way she wants, non-political) already signed with the date left unstamped, and a Living will saying "Keep on ventilator even after heart stops until January 21st 2020, or 2024, per my will"

Other than that, I think the shark attack in lake CDA is more likely than Foosters running out of craft beer.

Every kangaroo running a Dallas Walmart will be shot before they hit the interstate, and not by cops.

Jar Jar sounds good if it's written by Quentin Tarantino.

Kristen Stewart sounds good.

Tupac is dead, Biggie's alive.

That's about all I got on your end.

* Canada files to secede from the Union, they're reminded they're not in the union, they say it's just to be polite ... and be sure there's no confusion.

Cubs win the Stanley Cup bc no hockey team does. NHL thinks it's good promotion since MLB closed up shop before NHL first game back.

My garden lives through the bad fungal infection that's ripping through my flowers and pissing me off.

There is no dispute as to who won the the election, it's who lost and how bad and what are you gonna do about it? that is disputed, and possession is 9/10 of the law.

Canada secedes for the second time. Builds a wall, U.S. pays for it.

Gonzaga wins the first video NCAA championship, won by a 16 year old video player from Centralia who just got into Gonzaga.

I'm getting dumber, but that's also a prediction.
    Mark Twain.

anyone have demon sex?

I have had hellacious sex with a demon. Fortunately, I had the good sense to get a divorce when we were at Fort Huachuca.

That’s it.

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I did not have Louie Gohmert catches Coronavirus on my Bingo card

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Who had fire tornados?

It's like the game simulator "2020 Unleashed!" decided that regular tornados weren't sexy enough. You can almost see the game creators, "We did a tornado in the south bad, and California has had fires, so ... a fire tornado!!"

Also, UFOs people. Eye on the ball. I know none of you believe in them, but you have to admit that if there was ever going to be a year with a mass sighting ...

This is from yesterday. And for those who think I'm insane for being interested in these, it would be great if you got the Pentagon to give us all half the money they spend on these programs and tell them it's all insanity, save a lot of money: https://www.military.com/daily-news/...hing-ufos.html

David Norquist, deputy secretary of defense, has officially established the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force, which will focus on learning more about the nature and origin of what officials are calling UAP (as opposed to the more familiar UFO).

"The mission of the task force is to detect, analyze and catalog UAPs that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security," Pentagon spokeswoman Sue Gough said in a statement. The new office will be led by the Navy's office of the undersecretary of defense for intelligence and security.
    The Pentagon in April publicly released unclassified videos showing the so-called unidentified aerial phenomena, confirming three separate encounters between UFOs and American aircraft that took place in 2004 and 2015. These seemingly otherworldly flying machines had no visible engine exhaust, yet they could reach altitudes of 30,000 feet and remain on station for 12 hours.

So UFOs are crazy, it's all UAPs nowadays, which is a great way to get around Google searches.

New bingo card, a fire tornado touches down on the mall in DC with a UAP up above it ...
    Mark Twain.

I caught a nasty rash from a bacterial infection at the local swimming hole.

I should have had that on my card.

I caught a nasty rash from a bacterial infection at the local swimming hole.

I should have had that on my card.
    Black death?

Who had the plague? It is in California as of today, again: https://abc7.com/plague-tahoe-south-...ornia/6374923/

Health officials have confirmed a case of plague at South Lake Tahoe - the first in California in five years.

El Dorado County officials said Monday the California Department of Public Health notified them of the positive test of a local resident who is under medical care while recovering at home.

Plague bacteria are most often transmitted by fleas that have acquired it from infected squirrels, chipmunks and other wild rodents.

Health officials believe the South Tahoe resident may have been bitten by an infected flea while walking a dog along the Truckee River corridor or in the Tahoe Keys area on Tahoe's south shore
    Mark Twain.

Hard to believe it missed:

https://www.businessinsider.com/car-...sider%20Select

A car-size asteroid flew within about 1,830 miles (2,950 kilometers) of Earth on Sunday.

That's a remarkably close shave — the closest ever recorded, in fact, according to asteroid trackers and a catalog compiled by Sormano Astronomical Observatory in Italy.

Because of its size, the space rock most likely wouldn't have posed any danger to people on the ground had it struck our planet. But the close call is worrisome nonetheless, since astronomers had no idea the asteroid existed until after it passed by.
    They had no idea it was there. Comforting.
    Mark Twain.

I had meth-crocs! Damn!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Who had fire tornados?

It's like the game simulator "2020 Unleashed!" decided that regular tornados weren't sexy enough. You can almost see the game creators, "We did a tornado in the south bad, and California has had fires, so ... a fire tornado!!"

Also, UFOs people. Eye on the ball. I know none of you believe in them, but you have to admit that if there was ever going to be a year with a mass sighting ...

This is from yesterday. And for those who think I'm insane for being interested in these, it would be great if you got the Pentagon to give us all half the money they spend on these programs and tell them it's all insanity, save a lot of money: https://www.military.com/daily-news/...hing-ufos.html

So UFOs are crazy, it's all UAPs nowadays, which is a great way to get around Google searches.

New bingo card, a fire tornado touches down on the mall in DC with a UAP up above it ...
    "The Pentagon said in a statement that Deputy Defense Secretary David Norquist approved the establishment of an Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF), which will fall under the Navy."

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-ufo-sightings

Why is he giving it to the Navy? What the hell is the Space Force for?

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

"The Pentagon said in a statement that Deputy Defense Secretary David Norquist approved the establishment of an Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF), which will fall under the Navy."

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-ufo-sightings

Why is he giving it to the Navy? What the hell is the Space Force for?

Because the vessels in the spaceforce will be destroyers, frigates, cruisers and battleships. The Air Force and army wouldn't know which is which.
    It's not funny.