Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Foo 2020 Apocalypse BINGO Game

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Who had “Borat is the world’s best investigative journalist,” on your BINGO card?
    "Ten Days in a Madhouse" level commitment on his part!

General Rule:

When You are almost 80

And it appears that a 20 year old desperately wants you.

And you don't have 10s of billions of dollars

Something is very very wrong and you should get out immediately.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Who had “Borat is the world’s best investigative journalist,” on your BINGO card?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Augusta National Golf Club hosting ESPN College Game Day was not on my BINGO card. . .

Augusta National announced Tuesday more changes to a Masters tournament that will be unlike any of the previous 83. The most unusual of all is ESPN’s popular college football pregame show taking place on a stage that overlooks Ike’s Pond and the ninth green of the Par 3 course.
    Source: https://apnews.com/article/college-f...e42730c260ad87

Rooster Kills Police Officer in Covid-19 Lockdown Raid

The Philippine lieutenant was slashed by a razor-sharp spur attached to the bird’s leg during a raid on an illegal cockfighting den.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Rooster Kills Police Officer in Covid-19 Lockdown Raid

The Philippine lieutenant was slashed by a razor-sharp spur attached to the bird’s leg during a raid on an illegal cockfighting den.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/28/a...ntl/index.html

Ouch.

Default Man Robs McDonald’s With a Chainsaw

According to an investigation by the Westbrook Police Department, the suspect -- 26-year-old Alice Sweet of Portland, Maine -- entered the McDonald’s with a chainsaw and went behind the counter where employees were actively preparing food. Sweet then reportedly revved the chainsaw intermittently before stealing a drink and some food.

“When the manager confronted the suspect in the parking lot, the suspect began chasing the manager with the chainsaw,” authorities said in a statement on social media. “The suspect also used the chainsaw to damage two vehicles that were at the restaurant.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-chains...ry?id=74755491

A man named Alice?

I think I would be walking around upset most of the time myself.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Who had frozen, falling iguanas in Florida?\

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ps/4008730001/
    It's not funny.

Default Wild boar discover and snort £17,000 of cocaine in Tuscan forest

We might as well keep this going for 2021.

I would like to add wild boars snorting stolen cocaine to my BINGO card.

The hidden haul of white powder was strewn across the Valdichiana valley after being dug up and devoured by the feral hogs.
    https://news.sky.com/story/wild-boar...orest-11861940

We might as well keep this going for 2021.

I would like to add wild boars snorting stolen cocaine to my BINGO card.

https://news.sky.com/story/wild-boar...orest-11861940
    Wild boar could be worth a thread by themselves. I had plenty of run ins with them during field training exercises in Germany.

They would occasionally root through the golf course on Grafenwohr and the Post Commander would irately call the post Forstmeister to get rid of them. I and a couple of friends in my unit had a German hunting licenses through the post rod and gun club. The Forstmeister would call those of us that hunted to go shoot boar the next day. I could only attend one of those hunts but my roommate made a couple. That was where the rod and gun got its schnitzel.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Wild boar could be worth a thread by themselves. I had plenty of run ins with them during field training exercises in Germany.

They would occasionally root through the golf course on Grafenwohr and the Post Commander would irately call the post Forstmeister to get rid of them. I and a couple of friends in my unit had a German hunting licenses through the post rod and gun club. The Forstmeister would call those of us that hunted to go shoot boar the next day. I could only attend one of those hunts but my roommate made a couple. That was where the rod and gun got its schnitzel.
    When my Dad was transferred to Vandenberg in the early 1960's, we learned of a problem they had.
    They had a problem with the rabbit population over flowing onto the runways and jeopardizing landing aircraft, so the decided to control the rabbits with rattlesnakes. That became an entirely different problem, (who could have foreseen that!). So they decided to control the snakes with wild boars, releasing them in the area. Well the boars didn't like that area and moved to the canyon region to the north of the base, the winding road that many airmen liked to road race their MG's, Austin Healy's and other small cars. When a car that sits just feet off the road runs into a 600 pounds of wild pork that stands 3-4' off the road...it is a mess, for both the pig and the airman.
    It's not funny.

Feels like 2020 said to 2021, " Here, hold my beer. . ."

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    When my Dad was transferred to Vandenberg in the early 1960's, we learned of a problem they had.
    They had a problem with the rabbit population over flowing onto the runways and jeopardizing landing aircraft, so the decided to control the rabbits with rattlesnakes. That became an entirely different problem, (who could have foreseen that!). So they decided to control the snakes with wild boars, releasing them in the area. Well the boars didn't like that area and moved to the canyon region to the north of the base, the winding road that many airmen liked to road race their MG's, Austin Healy's and other small cars. When a car that sits just feet off the road runs into a 600 pounds of wild pork that stands 3-4' off the road...it is a mess, for both the pig and the airman.
    They are still there....I ran into a bunch just south of Jamala Beach.....I was amazed how anything that big and with such short legs could go so fast..... they appear to be thriving...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    They are still there....I ran into a bunch just south of Jamala Beach.....I was amazed how anything that big and with such short legs could go so fast..... they appear to be thriving...
    Jalama was where I first learned to surf left breaks. The waves were HUGE, coming off the Pacific, and went right onto the rocks. It was make the break or buy a new board.
    It's not funny.

Who had this?
    It's not funny.

Definitely didn't have "Order of the Water Buffalo sits at Madame Speaker's desk" on my bingo card.