Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: The Foo 2020 Apocalypse BINGO Game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,453

    Default The Foo 2020 Apocalypse BINGO Game

    What’s on your BINGO card? Treat it like the old Celebrity Death Pool Game from past years.



    Pick up to ten apocalyptic events. Points will be awarded if we all survive long enough to tally them.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    What’s on your BINGO card? Treat it like the old Celebrity Death Pool Game from past years.



    Pick up to ten apocalyptic events. Points will be awarded if we all survive long enough to tally them.
    Definitely a stimulus Applebee's gift card (although I think that would only happen if Applebee's announced they were closing)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,380

    Default

    Some Thoughts:

    The Queen of England never dies.

    Meteors hit earth all the time.

    Godzilla is overdue, if you look at Fukashima

    If naked photos of Trump were leaked they'd immediately be suppressed by ... everyone.

    Alien invasion is old news, they're here, just ask the COVID doctor that Trump Jr. tweeted yesterday (not political, the doctor believes Reptilians - which some don't believe are aliens, just from deep under the earth.

    It is shark week.

    Second stimulus better stimulate better, however it does it.

    North Korea knows the one way to ensure it sits on the sea floor is to threaten nuclear war.

    That's all I got.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    The Queen of England never dies.
    I thought the same thing about Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland, but 2020 proved otherwise...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,697

    Default

    anyone have demon sex?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    anyone have demon sex?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahahaha. I had "succubus" on my Bingo card, damnit, it ended up being "incubus."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    anyone have demon sex?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, but Reptilians running DC fits exactly what I said - "they're not aliens" - of course, I have some research on this. So, it doesn't get by me.


    In a little more seriousness, 2020 will be studied by historians for 100 years. We just better hope it's not the "early 20s" that are studied.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    In a little more seriousness, 2020 will be studied by historians for 100 years. We just better hope it's not the "early 20s" that are studied.
    We're not 100% certain what is going on with school yet in our district (our family is doing online but we don't know what that will look like. It might be live with a teacher, it might just be assignments and the teachers are outsourced. It might be only core subjects, it might also include art, music, etc. Unless the whole district is online, it doesn't seem like they'll have GT available. We just don't know what it's going to look like yet. And that's okay). A few of us parents are starting to look for resources to fall back on in the event that it's only core subjects so that there can still be some of the other subjects we can teach to the kids in our own time. I thought for an art "class" it would be neat to look at the Bayeux Tapestry and see some of the things it tells us about 1066, and then to think about the stuff that has happened in 2020 and draw their own timeline of the events they are aware of from 2020. I'm spending my night playing with Google slides and picking out the least gruesome Anglo-Norman embroidery I can find

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We're not 100% certain what is going on with school yet in our district (our family is doing online but we don't know what that will look like. It might be live with a teacher, it might just be assignments and the teachers are outsourced. It might be only core subjects, it might also include art, music, etc. Unless the whole district is online, it doesn't seem like they'll have GT available. We just don't know what it's going to look like yet. And that's okay). A few of us parents are starting to look for resources to fall back on in the event that it's only core subjects so that there can still be some of the other subjects we can teach to the kids in our own time. I thought for an art "class" it would be neat to look at the Bayeux Tapestry and see some of the things it tells us about 1066, and then to think about the stuff that has happened in 2020 and draw their own timeline of the events they are aware of from 2020. I'm spending my night playing with Google slides and picking out the least gruesome Anglo-Norman embroidery I can find
    I’m a member of an Anglo-Saxon history Facebook group that has lots of information on the Bayeux Tapestry and other Anglo-Saxon artifacts; art, architecture, language. Lots to learn about.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We're not 100% certain what is going on with school yet in our district (our family is doing online but we don't know what that will look like. It might be live with a teacher, it might just be assignments and the teachers are outsourced. It might be only core subjects, it might also include art, music, etc. Unless the whole district is online, it doesn't seem like they'll have GT available. We just don't know what it's going to look like yet. And that's okay). A few of us parents are starting to look for resources to fall back on in the event that it's only core subjects so that there can still be some of the other subjects we can teach to the kids in our own time. I thought for an art "class" it would be neat to look at the Bayeux Tapestry and see some of the things it tells us about 1066, and then to think about the stuff that has happened in 2020 and draw their own timeline of the events they are aware of from 2020. I'm spending my night playing with Google slides and picking out the least gruesome Anglo-Norman embroidery I can find
    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I’m a member of an Anglo-Saxon history Facebook group that has lots of information on the Bayeux Tapestry and other Anglo-Saxon artifacts; art, architecture, language. Lots to learn about.
    I thought I had responded here.

    What a cool idea. A great way to teach history. What I have found hard to do is to start there, and not several centuries earlier when the Saxons were invited in>
    The Battle at Hastings was the defeat of the Saxon king Harald by the Norwegian Viking William...by way of Norman(dy). Second generation, as I recall.
    It's not funny.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,380

    Default

    This is all really cool, except I don't know what a Bayeux Tapestry is (I know what a tapestry is ... I think)

    I am not a smart man.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    This is all really cool, except I don't know what a Bayeux Tapestry is (I know what a tapestry is ... I think)

    I am not a smart man.
    It is a giant woven tapestry historical pictograph of the Norman defeat of the English at the Battle of Hastings in 1066. It was made shortly after the battle to commemorate William the Conqueror's victory there.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,225

    Default

    I rate this thread five BINGOS!!!!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,453

    Default

    All right, I’ll try to rerail this derailed thread.

    My apocalyptic predictions for 2020 as submitted seven months after the deadline:

    -Shark attack reported in Lake Couer d’Alene
    -Voldemort returns - joins the GUBoards and gets banned for sharing too many political views
    -Disney announces Jar Jar Binks spin-off movie
    -Cubs win World Series
    -Kanye West announces candidacy for the 2020 election
    -Nation runs out of craft beer - quarantined Foosters are forced to drink Busch Ice
    -Tupac releases new album; still refuses to confirm if he is alive or dead.
    -Kangaroos overrun Dallas Wal-Mart
    -Kristen Stewart named Hollywood Critics Association actress of the decade
    -Disputed outcome to 2020 election with Florida unable to conclusively determine who won that state’s electoral tally
    -Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies while outcome of election is still in dispute
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    All right, I’ll try to rerail this derailed thread.

    My apocalyptic predictions for 2020 as submitted seven months after the deadline:

    -Shark attack reported in Lake Couer d’Alene
    -Voldemort returns - joins the GUBoards and gets banned for sharing too many political views
    -Disney announces Jar Jar Binks spin-off movie
    -Cubs win World Series
    -Kanye West announces candidacy for the 2020 election
    -Nation runs out of craft beer - quarantined Foosters are forced to drink Busch Ice
    -Tupac releases new album; still refuses to confirm if he is alive or dead.
    -Kangaroos overrun Dallas Wal-Mart
    -Kristen Stewart named Hollywood Critics Association actress of the decade
    -Disputed outcome to 2020 election with Florida unable to conclusively determine who won that state’s electoral tally
    -Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies while outcome of election is still in dispute
    Do. Not. Even. Write that last one.

    I suspect she has her decision (whatever way she wants, non-political) already signed with the date left unstamped, and a Living will saying "Keep on ventilator even after heart stops until January 21st 2020, or 2024, per my will"

    Other than that, I think the shark attack in lake CDA is more likely than Foosters running out of craft beer.

    Every kangaroo running a Dallas Walmart will be shot before they hit the interstate, and not by cops.

    Jar Jar sounds good if it's written by Quentin Tarantino.

    Kristen Stewart sounds good.

    Tupac is dead, Biggie's alive.

    That's about all I got on your end.

    * Canada files to secede from the Union, they're reminded they're not in the union, they say it's just to be polite ... and be sure there's no confusion.

    Cubs win the Stanley Cup bc no hockey team does. NHL thinks it's good promotion since MLB closed up shop before NHL first game back.

    My garden lives through the bad fungal infection that's ripping through my flowers and pissing me off.

    There is no dispute as to who won the the election, it's who lost and how bad and what are you gonna do about it? that is disputed, and possession is 9/10 of the law.

    Canada secedes for the second time. Builds a wall, U.S. pays for it.

    Gonzaga wins the first video NCAA championship, won by a 16 year old video player from Centralia who just got into Gonzaga.

    I'm getting dumber, but that's also a prediction.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    anyone have demon sex?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have had hellacious sex with a demon. Fortunately, I had the good sense to get a divorce when we were at Fort Huachuca.

    That’s it.


    Sent via mobile device


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

    8645

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,455

    Default

    I did not have Louie Gohmert catches Coronavirus on my Bingo card


    Sent via mobile device


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

    8645

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •