Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Prospect announcing July 28?

Nailed Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Nailed Paolo
    Tongue firmly in cheek?

Caldwell definitely has credible information and has been right on some big stuff. Why exactly did he leave? Seems like it was because some people questioned info he turned out to be right on, like Suggs and the whole pro thing. Caldwell acted like he was batting 1.000 when the reality was a fair amount lower than that. Reading these threads, he'd have you thinking Watson and Paolo were on their way to Spokane next fall, among other misses. In fairness to him, recruiting changes fast and the info he had was probably how the staff felt at the time. To pick up his ball and go home was a little much for me. But that's fine, we can all subscribe to his place if we want to or stay here or both. Wouldn't have minded him leaving us with a couple correct predictions with Paolo and Watson but it was fun having him and exciting to speculate on how classes might take shape.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Caldwell definitely has credible information and has been right on some big stuff. Why exactly did he leave? Seems like it was because some people questioned info he turned out to be right on, like Suggs and the whole pro thing. Caldwell acted like he was batting 1.000 when the reality was a fair amount lower than that. Reading these threads, he'd have you thinking Watson and Paolo were on their way to Spokane next fall, among other misses. In fairness to him, recruiting changes fast and the info he had was probably how the staff felt at the time. To pick up his ball and go home was a little much for me. But that's fine, we can all subscribe to his place if we want to or stay here or both. Wouldn't have minded him leaving us with a couple correct predictions with Paolo and Watson but it was fun having him and exciting to speculate on how classes might take shape.
    The staff was just as surprised as Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    The staff was just as surprised as Caldwell
    Is that speculation on your part or do you have inside info?

Here's the problem for someone that actually has a source within the inner circle of the Zag hierarchy.

In order to maintain the information pipeline, there can be no pessimism with any potential recruit on this board. That's why it seemed that information about any recruit with a hint of interest in signing here was universally optimistic. invariably that led readers to believe the Zags had the upper hand in most of these recruitments. Consequently, any person here that questioned anything was vilified for being a disruptive force or a troll and ultimately responsible for running off contributors.

I appreciate the contributions of the folks that had more information than most. But, running away from skeptical folks with legitimate questions didn't solve anything either.

Here's the problem for someone that actually has a source within the inner circle of the Zag hierarchy.

In order to maintain the information pipeline, there can be no pessimism with any potential recruit on this board. That's why it seemed that information about any recruit with a hint of interest in signing here was universally optimistic. invariably that led readers to believe the Zags had the upper hand in most of these recruitments. Consequently, any person here that questioned anything was vilified for being a disruptive force or a troll and ultimately responsible for running off contributors.

I appreciate the contributions of the folks that had more information than most. But, running away from skeptical folks with legitimate questions didn't solve anything either.

At some point the Whelping Box needs to move on from talking about a paid forum with information that won't be seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    At some point the Whelping Box needs to move on from talking about a paid forum with information that won't be seen here.
    Not if the absence of informed Whelping Box content continues to be as thunderous as it has been for the past couple of weeks.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Caldwell and all the others that have some insight and connections to recruiting have ALL said that predicting the actions of an 18 year old is speculative, at best.

Until they sign a LOI, it really seems to be up in the air.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post

It did for them

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post

AMEN!

Caldwell either got tired of people pushing back against his info or too big for this pond. Probably a combo of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    AMEN!

Caldwell either got tired of people pushing back against his info or too big for this pond. Probably a combo of both.
    He specifically said that he got tired of having to repeat, over and over, the same things because people didn't accept what he was saying.
    It's not funny.

Is that speculation on your part or do you have inside info?
    Well I'm fishing buddies with Caldwell, does that count?

I don't know, but it's true some of "The Big Ones" got away after being portrayed as all but in the boat.

I’m not sure when it comes to honesty and having a complete grasp on reality that being a fisherman is the best example..... coming from a fellow fisherman lol.

I don’t know what was going through the guy’s mind but I would think most people would transition to a paid site. I would have, even if I wasn’t tired of certain posters. If something I offered was sought after enough that I could charge a couple bucks and put the proceeds towards a charitable cause, I’d do it. Maybe I’m in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    He specifically said that he got tired of having to repeat, over and over, the same things because people didn't accept what he was saying.
    That seemed to be pretty clearly the issue to me. I haven't joined the other site, and miss his insights here, but that's how it goes sometimes. Best wishes to him, success in his endeavors, especially in support of scholarship funds for the university.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Why would anyone 'have to' repeat anything? You make a prediction, it's in print, the end.

A prediction for a commitment is basically just your feelings, based on the information available to you. Maybe you feel like Bittle, for example, is coming to Gonzaga because he told a staffer that he's planning on committing to GU at some point. Even IF that happened, no commitment is a foregone conclusion, and you are still just posting your feelings. Some else can feel differently, and that's okay. Unless you are coming back to provide additional information that backs up your feelings, what is the point of restating them over and over again? Everyone is entitled to feel the way they do based on the information available to them.
    Last edited by scrooner; 08-26-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Anyone else here in sales? I look at recruiting as a sales job. I've had many customers tell me that that they are going to make a deal with me, then at the last minute they get a better offer. I was 100% sure that the deal was mine, then they are gone.

Anyone else here in sales? I look at recruiting as a sales job. I've had many customers tell me that that they are going to make a deal with me, then at the last minute they get a better offer. I was 100% sure that the deal was mine, then they are gone.
    I have a small retail shop, but we don't close sales...ever. We show you what we have made, and if you want it, you will buy it.
    We don't want you saying "Why did I let them talk me into this?" a month or more down the road.

I see Gonzaga recruiting like that and, as happened with Wiltjer, some of those that first choose elsewhere, realize that they made a mistake and come back.
    It's not funny.