• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OntZags
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I thought we were talking about Houstan.
    Nah Houston is the top Canadian prospect for 2021. Bokaye is the top Canadian for 2022, though reclass is expected where he would likely become the #2 Canadian prospect behind Caleb.

Comment

• SLOZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Jazz's opinion regarding Enoch Boakye on 7/23 (after Caldwell said we were in the mix):

GU not even on his short list.
      At the time I assumed that was an accurate assessment of the situation.

Eleven hours ago this went up on a MSU team-oriented 247 site: "Boakye joined 247Sports to discuss his decision to become a Spartan ... . Gonzaga and Texas Tech were the other finalists for Boakye, ranked as the No. 18 overall prospect in the class of 2022."

Time after time, Caldwell proved to be our best source of quality GU info. What a loss.
      SLOZag
      "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Horseshoes and hand grenades. Sign up — and pay for —Caldy’s newsletter if you miss him so much. I have.

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
        Jazz's opinion regarding Enoch Boakye on 7/23 (after Caldwell said we were in the mix):

At the time I assumed that was an accurate assessment of the situation.

Eleven hours ago this went up on a MSU team-oriented 247 site: "Boakye joined 247Sports to discuss his decision to become a Spartan ... . Gonzaga and Texas Tech were the other finalists for Boakye, ranked as the No. 18 overall prospect in the class of 2022."

Time after time, Caldwell proved to be our best source of quality GU info. What a loss.

Comment

• cjm720
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Horseshoes and hand grenades. Sign up — and pay for —Caldy’s newsletter if you miss him so much. I have.

https://caldwellzagrecruitingnews.wildapricot.org/
          Well this sucks for us lurkers! Sucks when’s few bad apples spoil it for all.

Best of luck Caldwell.
          Go Zags!!!

Comment

• SLOZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Sign up — and pay for —Caldy’s newsletter if you miss him so much. I have.

Your best post yet! Thoughtful, well-researched, and dare I suggest ... possibly optimistic!?! Thanks -- I have as well.
            SLOZag
            "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• Spink
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
              Well this sucks for us lurkers! Sucks when’s few bad apples spoil it for all.

Best of luck Caldwell.
              Yes it does. But Caldwell made the choice to leave.

Comment

• jsnider
                Kennel Club
                • Apr 2020

As have I. Enjoyed his 1st article on the recruiting front. Great things are going to come from Caldwell's new endeavor. I will follow Caldwell anywhere. He was so helpful on these boards.
                Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Kiddwell
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
                  As have I. Enjoyed his 1st article on the recruiting front. Great things are going to come from Caldwell's new endeavor. I will follow Caldwell anywhere. He was so helpful on these boards.
                  Does one keep one's anonymity, jsnider? Do members use their online handles -- iike "Kiddwell" here? I went partway through the sign-in process but didn't see this feature.

:]
                  Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• zagfan1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Good for Caldwell to do his own thing. However, I am sticking with this site and I am sure we will get key insights from other folks on this board. Being overly reliant on one poster is not a good thing when thinking about the big picture. We owe it to Bobzag to carry on. Enough said.

Comment

• jsnider
                      Kennel Club
                      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by zagfan1 View Post
                      Good for Caldwell to do his own thing. However, I am sticking with this site and I am sure we will get key insights from other folks on this board. Being overly reliant on one poster is not a good thing when thinking about the big picture. We owe it to Bobzag to carry on. Enough said.
                      I am clearly on this site too because i do like to hear what everyone is saying. That said, I have been extremely impressed with his site and the amount of great information he is putting out on it. The forums are excellent and he is quite active giving us his insights. The one thing that I like is - he does have his contacts on the GU staff so his information has a fair amount of credibility. I, for one, have my opinions about players and other aspects of GU basketball but I have absolutely no credibility. I'm not sure of the other people on this board but Caldwell's information is generally very very good.
                      Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• tummydoc
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2013

Nailed Paolo

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                          Nailed Paolo
                          Tongue firmly in cheek?

Comment

• zagfan08
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Caldwell definitely has credible information and has been right on some big stuff. Why exactly did he leave? Seems like it was because some people questioned info he turned out to be right on, like Suggs and the whole pro thing. Caldwell acted like he was batting 1.000 when the reality was a fair amount lower than that. Reading these threads, he'd have you thinking Watson and Paolo were on their way to Spokane next fall, among other misses. In fairness to him, recruiting changes fast and the info he had was probably how the staff felt at the time. To pick up his ball and go home was a little much for me. But that's fine, we can all subscribe to his place if we want to or stay here or both. Wouldn't have minded him leaving us with a couple correct predictions with Paolo and Watson but it was fun having him and exciting to speculate on how classes might take shape.

Comment

• IowaSERE
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                              Caldwell definitely has credible information and has been right on some big stuff. Why exactly did he leave? Seems like it was because some people questioned info he turned out to be right on, like Suggs and the whole pro thing. Caldwell acted like he was batting 1.000 when the reality was a fair amount lower than that. Reading these threads, he'd have you thinking Watson and Paolo were on their way to Spokane next fall, among other misses. In fairness to him, recruiting changes fast and the info he had was probably how the staff felt at the time. To pick up his ball and go home was a little much for me. But that's fine, we can all subscribe to his place if we want to or stay here or both. Wouldn't have minded him leaving us with a couple correct predictions with Paolo and Watson but it was fun having him and exciting to speculate on how classes might take shape.
                              The staff was just as surprised as Caldwell

Comment

• Markburn1
                                Zag for Life
                                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                                The staff was just as surprised as Caldwell
                                Is that speculation on your part or do you have inside info?

Comment

Working...
                                X