Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Prospect announcing July 28?

Default 2022 Prospect announcing July 28?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Elias_NPH...66900110536707

I don’t suppose any of you pleasant faces who ran off at least two good sources could enlighten the rest of us as to what the heck this is about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Appears to be an MSU lock. GU figures to just be window dressing here, though I do recall Caldwell mentioning interest a while back.

Big time prospect, though. Really a 5 star prospect but Canadian based kids don't get ranked by many services.

Izzo crushing it lately. Got what is considered to be the best prospect since like Lebron in Bates, signed another 5 star guard in Christie and now appears to have a 5 star big into the fold, too. Would love to get a home & home going with them in 2021/2022.

GU not even on his short list. Hilarious that he suddenly acquires his 5th star after word gets out he’s a Cry Me a River Izzo lock. What a joke.

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2020/7...commitment-day

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    GU not even on his short list. Hilarious that he suddenly acquires his 5th star after word gets out he’s a Cry Me a River Izzo lock. What a joke.

I can assure you it has nothing to do with Izzo. He didn't just magically get a 5th star. 247 is the only one that ranks non-U.S. based players and they already had him as a 5 star.

ESPN doesn't rank Canadians unless they play stateside and I think Rivals gave him a 4 star but no numerical ranking.

I just hope the Zags schedule MSU in 2021, especially if Bates/Boakye reclassify.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    I can assure you it has nothing to do with Izzo. He didn't just magically get a 5th star. 247 is the only one that ranks non-U.S. based players and they already had him as a 5 star.

ESPN doesn't rank Canadians unless they play stateside and I think Rivals gave him a 4 star but no numerical ranking.

I just hope the Zags schedule MSU in 2021, especially if Bates/Boakye reclassify.
    I’m not that naive. Please read this article again.

Before today Boakye was a four-star on the fringe of earning that coveted fifth star, and he finally got it today on 247Sports. Now ranked as the No. 18 player in his class, his addition to the 2022 class would be massive as he would join (for now) Emoni Bates. I say “for now” because not only Bates is a prime candidate for reclassification, but so is Boakye.

I’m not that naive. Please read this article again.
    My bad but I couldve sworn I've seen him as a 5 star before but it might have been a Canadian service/article.

Either way, I'm sure it has nothing to do with who he is committing to. He was #21 on 247 prior to yesterday's update and I guess was the highest 4 star. If anything, it's simply that he is committing this week during a slow news period. Jazz up the headline with 5 instead of 4 stars.

Either way, in my lowly estimation, he's full value for 5 stars, especially on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    My bad but I couldve sworn I've seen him as a 5 star before but it might have been a Canadian service/article.

Either way, I'm sure it has nothing to do with who he is committing to. He was #21 on 247 prior to yesterday's update and I guess was the highest 4 star. If anything, it's simply that he is committing this week during a slow news period. Jazz up the headline with 5 instead of 4 stars.

Either way, in my lowly estimation, he's full value for 5 stars, especially on the defensive end.
    Don’t be so hard on yourself, Ont. I was not criticizing you but rather pointing out the hypocrisy of the rating system. If the kid had signed with Iona or Pep his rating probably have been lowered. Case in point, after Julian and Harris signed with GU they had spectacular senior seasons and their ratings were largely stuck in amber. Only Suggs held on to his lofty perch. But if some four star signs with Koach or Mr Crocodile Tears in East Lansing and they get a big bump.

Don’t be so hard on yourself, Ont. I was not criticizing you but rather pointing out the hypocrisy of the rating system. If the kid had signed with Iona or Pep his rating probably have been lowered. Case in point, after Julian and Harris signed with GU they had spectacular senior seasons and their ratings were largely stuck in amber. Only Suggs held on to his lofty perch. But if some four star signs with Koach or Mr Crocodile Tears in East Lansing and they get a big bump.
    Iona's head coach might actually be worth a half star bump to the recruiting gurus now. I tried to think of a cute nickname for him but thought I'd leave that to you jazz as you have a talent for it

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Iona's head coach might actually be worth a half star bump to the recruiting gurus now. I tried to think of a cute nickname for him but thought I'd leave that to you jazz as you have a talent for it
    Yea, I plumb forgot about Coach Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Coach EVOO. That was great!

I knew there was a reason we keep you around jazz. You did not disappoint with this one.

Can you find that at an Italian restaurant? Asking for a friend.
    Maybe I’ll just google Pitino and Italian restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Can you find that at an Italian restaurant? Asking for a friend.
    Maybe I’ll just google Pitino and Italian restaurant.
    Coach EVOO has come full circle from one small, ambitious, feisty RC program — PC — to another, Iona College. With many far more glamorous stops along the way. Still, a great, great coach. Warts an all, the Italian Larry Brown.

Committed to Michigan State, as expected

I thought we were talking about Houstan.

I thought we were talking about Houstan.
    Nah Houston is the top Canadian prospect for 2021. Bokaye is the top Canadian for 2022, though reclass is expected where he would likely become the #2 Canadian prospect behind Caleb.

Jazz's opinion regarding Enoch Boakye on 7/23 (after Caldwell said we were in the mix):

GU not even on his short list.
    At the time I assumed that was an accurate assessment of the situation.

Eleven hours ago this went up on a MSU team-oriented 247 site: "Boakye joined 247Sports to discuss his decision to become a Spartan ... . Gonzaga and Texas Tech were the other finalists for Boakye, ranked as the No. 18 overall prospect in the class of 2022."

https://247sports.com/college/michig...iew-149650996/

Time after time, Caldwell proved to be our best source of quality GU info. What a loss.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Horseshoes and hand grenades. Sign up — and pay for —Caldy’s newsletter if you miss him so much. I have.

https://caldwellzagrecruitingnews.wildapricot.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Jazz's opinion regarding Enoch Boakye on 7/23 (after Caldwell said we were in the mix):

At the time I assumed that was an accurate assessment of the situation.

Eleven hours ago this went up on a MSU team-oriented 247 site: "Boakye joined 247Sports to discuss his decision to become a Spartan ... . Gonzaga and Texas Tech were the other finalists for Boakye, ranked as the No. 18 overall prospect in the class of 2022."

https://247sports.com/college/michig...iew-149650996/

Time after time, Caldwell proved to be our best source of quality GU info. What a loss.

Horseshoes and hand grenades. Sign up — and pay for —Caldy’s newsletter if you miss him so much. I have.

Well this sucks for us lurkers! Sucks when’s few bad apples spoil it for all.

Best of luck Caldwell.
    Go Zags!!!

Your best post yet! Thoughtful, well-researched, and dare I suggest ... possibly optimistic!?! Thanks -- I have as well.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Well this sucks for us lurkers! Sucks when’s few bad apples spoil it for all.

Best of luck Caldwell.
    Yes it does. But Caldwell made the choice to leave.

As have I. Enjoyed his 1st article on the recruiting front. Great things are going to come from Caldwell's new endeavor. I will follow Caldwell anywhere. He was so helpful on these boards.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    As have I. Enjoyed his 1st article on the recruiting front. Great things are going to come from Caldwell's new endeavor. I will follow Caldwell anywhere. He was so helpful on these boards.
    Does one keep one's anonymity, jsnider? Do members use their online handles -- iike "Kiddwell" here? I went partway through the sign-in process but didn't see this feature.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Good for Caldwell to do his own thing. However, I am sticking with this site and I am sure we will get key insights from other folks on this board. Being overly reliant on one poster is not a good thing when thinking about the big picture. We owe it to Bobzag to carry on. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    Good for Caldwell to do his own thing. However, I am sticking with this site and I am sure we will get key insights from other folks on this board. Being overly reliant on one poster is not a good thing when thinking about the big picture. We owe it to Bobzag to carry on. Enough said.
    I am clearly on this site too because i do like to hear what everyone is saying. That said, I have been extremely impressed with his site and the amount of great information he is putting out on it. The forums are excellent and he is quite active giving us his insights. The one thing that I like is - he does have his contacts on the GU staff so his information has a fair amount of credibility. I, for one, have my opinions about players and other aspects of GU basketball but I have absolutely no credibility. I'm not sure of the other people on this board but Caldwell's information is generally very very good.