Thread: Open Scholarship?

Default Open Scholarship?

With the unexpected departure of FP, who according to reports, was expected to come back to GU, what do the Zags now do with the open scholarship that is left. I doubt Lang fills the spot again as he is not a scholarship type player on a top 5 squad. Do you think we go for another freshman? Sit out transfer? Immediately eligible transfer? Thoughts?

That would be a good question to ask Caldwell... oh wait, he's no longer on this board.

Too soon?

He's on twitter though. And he's posting some good stuff.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

If California is really cancelling HS sports for the year, as rumored, would some players of class of 2021 try to quickly graduate and be ready to go this fall for college? Maybe find a wAy to get a quickie GED or something? That might create an amazing recruitment scramble.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I doubt Lang fills the spot again as he is not a scholarship type player on a top 5 squad. Thoughts?
    Well, last year's team was a top 5 squad, so I would think the coaching staff would disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Club Prez View Post
    Well, last year's team was a top 5 squad, so I would think the coaching staff would disagree with you.
    So late in the year my guess would be hold it open for mid year transfer possibility, then if none come Lang gets it in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    If California is really cancelling HS sports for the year, as rumored, would some players of class of 2021 try to quickly graduate and be ready to go this fall for college? Maybe find a wAy to get a quickie GED or something? That might create an amazing recruitment scramble.
    Thatís a great idea. Iím going to put together my business proposal for JPís Quickie GEDs post-haste. I think that if I get credentialed in North Carolina I donít have to offer any real courses. I will hire Derrick Rose to do my college entrance exam tutoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Fall sports, not all sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Andrew Nembhard will be sitting next year, we could be a guard short in case one of the three got injured. I would recruit a backup guard. A senior transfer if there's any out there. I imagine there will be. I like playing with a full deck.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

What is caldwells twitter handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    What is caldwells twitter handle?

CaldwellZag (@ZagCaldwell)

Enticing stuff.
    Parlez-vous franÁais?

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Since Andrew Nembhard will be sitting next year, we could be a guard short in case one of the three got injured. I would recruit a backup guard. A senior transfer if there's any out there. I imagine there will be. I like playing with a full deck.

Go Zags!!!
    I don't see how we would be short a guard, even if one got hurt. We have four guys that should play plenty in Suggs, Ayayi, Cook, and Harris. I wouldn't add anyone myself, particularly a one year guy for this season with the unknowns. Maybe a sit out transfer, but I'd just move the scholarship forward. The only way that would change for me is if both Kispert and Ayayi were to stay in the draft, which I don't see.

Updated Scholarship Chart 07/21/2020

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.