Thread: Stay or Go.........most influential players for the upcoming year...

Default Stay or Go.........most influential players for the upcoming year...

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....try-decisions/

I want all of our big 3 back. They are discussed in this article. Stay or GO>????

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....try-decisions/

I want all of our big 3 back. They are discussed in this article. Stay or GO>????
    What does everybody think about our guys? Stay or Go?

Best analysis of the three I’ve seen.

Kispert is easily the most obvious one to watch because of the leadership and shooting ability lost. I’ve seen his name popping up on a few mock drafts, so I guess it wouldn’t be a massive shock if he left, but easily the most painful. I just don’t see Ayayi leaving this year. He has the advantage of being a bit younger and getting the extra year of exp would be great for him.

As the article notes, Petrusev though could easily get lost in the lineup next year. Ballo is getting some crazy hype, and frankly, Timme seems like he’s got a way higher upside than petrusev. At the end of last year, he was getting more consistent on both the offensive and defensive ends. With his motor, I wouldn’t be shocked if he started getting the starting nod more and more throughout the year next year.

I like Petro, I think he is our best center and we are better with him. But if I was his financial advisor during Covid I'd advise him to take the money and play in Europe if they are likely to have a season. I'm not optimistic there will be an NCAA season, and without that he's not likely to be a high draft choice.

The concern here about our players leaving to play in the NBA seems to assume that the NCAA season does not proceed but the NBA season does. I don’t know that. I know what the NBA has indicated but I don’t think it is a given at all. Part of the problem here is that we are all drowning in uncertainty and so desperately want our spectacular team to be able to play. For now, we have no choice but to embrace the ambiguity. Sigh.

- as a fan, my hope of course is that all 3 return
    - but i really believe petrusev will not return.......for reasons given, covid, europe is his home, and he wants to play pro ball.
    - that said i'm not worried about our front court, ballo, timmie and the z-man i think can handle the load just fine. if ballo gets 15-20 minutes a game, if think by the end of the year the nation will take notice of him.
    - if either kispert or ayayi leave, then i think that will hurt. ....i.e. team will noticable be not as strong.

Kispert is pretty athletic for a guy with as much bulk as he does. I think that if he finds a way to finish more around the rim (I think he needs a little more wiggle/craftiness to his release angles) his stock could rise even more. His lateral quickness will always be a concern so I wonder how much that will impair his chances of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - but i really believe petrusev will not return.......for reasons given, covid, europe is his home, and he wants to play pro ball.
    - that said i'm not worried about our front court, ballo, timmie and the z-man i think can handle the load just fine. if ballo gets 15-20 minutes a game, if think by the end of the year the nation will take notice of him.
    - if either kispert or ayayi leave, then i think that will hurt. ....i.e. team will noticable be not as strong.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    +1
    Larry !!!

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours. GoZags

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Larry !!!

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours. GoZags
    North Idaho near Sandpoint is a nice bubble to be living in right now. Sometimes it is easy to forget about the "invisible enemy". I'm always reminding myself to carry THE MASK with me out of the truck. Hoping to see you and your lovely wife at a game or two this season if they let any of us attend...... or if they have games. Got a call from a nice young guy from the athletic department. He wanted to encourage me that the athletic department is trying to come up with scenarios for this next season and that season ticket holders are valued, etc, etc. That's never happened before! A little PR goes a long way. I wanted to let you know that your efforts with this board are greatly appreciated by me and I am sure by many others. You stepping up to help BZ was commendable.

Perfect “10” comment Larry! We surely do appreciate GZ stepping up.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    Thanks for the great article ABE,
    is the "z-man" referred to above Pavel Zacharov?
    I hope kispert and ayayi stay, i think our adjustments without Petro would be effective

Keep and add all of the talented players who wish to spend next season at Gonzaga!

Go Zags! With the best team possible in this year of uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Thanks for the great article ABE,
    is the "z-man" referred to above Pavel Zacharov?
    I hope kispert and ayayi stay, i think our adjustments without Petro would be effective
    - yep, i did not know how to spell pavel's last name, so went with z-man.