Thread: To be continued...

Default To be continued...

There’s certainly enough frustration being vented with some long time stalwarts of this board from its best days moving on. I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who has posted some really insightful, amusing, and generally enthusiastic posts about Gonzaga Basketball and the larger GU community over the course of the life of this board. The Zags have been my favorite team in sports since growing up in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho in the 90s. I found an earlier iteration of this board, and enjoyed dreaming about how well current and future Zags might do under the amazing leadership structure that was put in place by students, alumni, faculty, administration, players, and coaches. There’s a lot of layers which have been the recipe for a brilliant success story of a formerly little known Jesuit university in Spokane. This board has been lucky to have had so many amazing people post, and it was awesome to see guys like Caldwell pick up the torch from previous insiders. I hope the new site somehow honors the legacy of BobZag in some way, but I’m sure I’ll wind up part of it whenever it arrives. I hope what comes next brings back the spirit of what this board has been when this board was at its best. There’s only upside to it continuing out best discussions. Thanks to everyone who made this board great for so long! To be continued...

Your welcome
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    There’s certainly enough frustration being vented with some long time stalwarts of this board from its best days moving on. I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone who has posted some really insightful, amusing, and generally enthusiastic posts about Gonzaga Basketball and the larger GU community over the course of the life of this board. The Zags have been my favorite team in sports since growing up in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho in the 90s. I found an earlier iteration of this board, and enjoyed dreaming about how well current and future Zags might do under the amazing leadership structure that was put in place by students, alumni, faculty, administration, players, and coaches. There’s a lot of layers which have been the recipe for a brilliant success story of a formerly little known Jesuit university in Spokane. This board has been lucky to have had so many amazing people post, and it was awesome to see guys like Caldwell pick up the torch from previous insiders. I hope the new site somehow honors the legacy of BobZag in some way, but I’m sure I’ll wind up part of it whenever it arrives. I hope what comes next brings back the spirit of what this board has been when this board was at its best. There’s only upside to it continuing out best discussions. Thanks to everyone who made this board great for so long! To be continued...
    I take your post to mean this current iteration of the board is ending and a new one will be starting up. How will we find our way over to the new site and when? Having been a part of this Gonzaga hoops online community since 2007, I certainly hope to continue and join the new board. Please post instructions on how to do so. Thank you!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I take your post to mean this current iteration of the board is ending and a new one will be starting up. How will we find our way over to the new site and when? Having been a part of this Gonzaga hoops online community since 2007, I certainly hope to continue and join the new board. Please post instructions on how to do so. Thank you!
    I second that. I remember when our weekly pick up game got too busy and they had to shut it down for a while. All of the regulars got calls/texts when the smoked cleared and it was ready to start again. If this is an invite-only thing, I would understand and thank you in advance for throwing any consideration my way.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    The current iteration may very well continue as is where is. It's up to the S-R to make that call.

As far as a new site goes, Caldwell has indicated he plans to do something along those lines and within the Whelping Box forum, has indicated he would announce details. I wish him all the best and will consider joining his subscription service whenever it launches.

Lothar, LIZF, Hoopaholic, Caldwell, and I have walked away from mod / admin duties. That leaves GoZags, CDC84, gozagswoohoo, and Kitzbuel to oversee things for now.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 07-13-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks to GoZags, CDC84 and Kitzbuel for keeping this board going. I like it, and always have. If you need help just let me know. I see no need for a new GuBoard. Just because some people want to move on does not indicate we need to shut the whole thing down. There are a few thousand people who come to this board to read up and keep current on GU news.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This was much longer before I just cut it down to what was my important reflection after being a lurker here for the better part of a decade:

I would implore the people on this message board to remember the underlying principles that either brought them to Gonzaga University, or attracted them to the program in the first place. Have respect for one another; treat speech online as you would in person; be abundantly gracious and always assume positive intent. This was and should be a place where everyone can leave politics aside--we're all on the same side, and wishing well for a proud and distinguished program to succeed in athletics without sacrificing academics and personal growth. I'm saddened that this well has been poisoned by divisive personalities, and levied a personal toll for those whose voluntary responsibility it was to moderate it. It would seem like a period of reflection and pause is appropriate.
    GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

I don't post often but I visit the board every single day. Yes, even in mid July with nothing going on. If this board wasn't here it would be a big personal loss for me. Hope some of the regulars keep this thing going. Regardless of the annoying bickering it is still a fun community of which to belong. I hope it keeps going - or else I may have to start visiting cougarboard more often which would not be so fun.

Sad people cant agree to disagree. It became a preschool in here.
    Love the zags for life

It was NEVER the basketball Board. BZ GZ etc made this board a thing to look forward to. THIS i fine. What happened was the social board such as Crosby and some people with different ( always wrong or sometimes correct,......this is my view and I own it outlooks of life were somewhat hostile to others' ideas. Intolerance grew. And that somehow carried over to mean spirited conflicts.

COVID ( in every shape and every time it came up) was a touchstone for hostility......and for one reason, many of the lay folks were just wrong. I let them know it but the fighting began and was hurtful . ALL COVID threads needed to be locked and that did happen. The underlying hostility remained...the same as other topics in the social type boards,,, . Obamacare was another big deal and the arguments were vicious and along party lines with talking points being attack as were the posters being attacked.

Again the attacks were personal and became liberal vs conservatives. Personal nonetheless. I was banned 5 times by the same moderator ( for those who claim someone ran roughshod and received no punishment......well..look again) or things that mostly were trifling. Even with that though......harsh words continued and have colored opinions on the basketball board.
    Intolerance developed. Call for resignations of some mods were generated. Hostility continued. It's got to stop.
    I'm with Reno. This board is fine. Caldwell had the whelping section and it was just so valuable.

Anyway, the long and thee short of it is that basketball shouldn't be tampered with.
    The rest of the boards really are for opinions........ I don't really care about them unless the crap filters to the basketball board.

Best wishes to you all.

You are spot on, Abe.