Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A brief goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Finally got started on Pappy's book. Sensational read from a true American hero. Besides the chapter on Felicia, I was most interested as to how he made it to Battalion Sergeant Major so quickly.

Best wishes to you and your family, GZ.

LIZF, best wishes to you, and thanks for all of your hard work. Send me a text every now and then, keep me apprised on the progress of your brewery. I have quite a few nephews and a son that would benefit from a gift of really good beer for Christmas...those turkeys drink nothing but bleeping Bud Light. They forced me into being an old SOB, where I had to lay down the law: at family dinners, I'll buy the first round, but they're on their own after that. Damned if I'm going to shell out $6-7 for all if they're drinking bleeping Bud Light.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I would love to say it was a hard decision, but after the last year or so, and especially the last few months, it wasn't. As soon as it can be made effective I will no longer be a moderator, or much of anything else on this board. I will still post in the Foo... and honestly that will be about it. The veiled politics and negativity of this board has made it unreadable and unmanageable. Some folks on this board that will be more than happy to see me go... believe me... the vitriol one poster has sent me in PMs makes it quite clear. I will also note that Reno, Caldwell, and Hoopaholic have all done the same for variations of the same reasons in the last weeks and days. I cannot attest to whether they have intentions of posting going forward. To those that feel you had the right to run roughshod over the board... I guess you won in some sorts. Sadly, 90% of the posters that were here for over a decade and had great and interesting posts have all left. Best of luck... you may need it.

But I do part with a loving and heartfelt Go Zags! It may be the only thing that we all agree on.
    LIZF,

I want to say Thank you, over a decade ago you and NJZ straightened out my azz and showed me what this board should be... It's tough to not unload on certain posters for the opinion they post here, many of which seem illogical and not well thought out, more like knee jerk emotional responses, but you taught me well... I truly appreciate what you have given to this board and will miss your input... be safe LIZF, there's a virus out there and it seems to have caught on here as well... God Bless you and yours... Blah

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

LIZF - I'm sorry you have had to put up with so much garbage. It will be sad to not see your basketball opinions anymore. Hopefully you will pop into the FOO though for some post game desserts.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Finally got started on Pappy's book. Sensational read from a true American hero. Besides the chapter on Felicia, I was most interested as to how he made it to Battalion Sergeant Major so quickly.

Best wishes to you and your family, GZ.

LIZF, best wishes to you, and thanks for all of your hard work. Send me a text every now and then, keep me apprised on the progress of your brewery. I have quite a few nephews and a son that would benefit from a gift of really good beer for Christmas...those turkeys drink nothing but bleeping Bud Light. They forced me into being an old SOB, where I had to lay down the law: at family dinners, I'll buy the first round, but they're on their own after that. Damned if I'm going to shell out $6-7 for all if they're drinking bleeping Bud Light.
    I hope that you can get at least a Shiner Bock in them once and a while.

When I moved to AZ I felt like they had everything you could want, as long as it was Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Light. There are some options down here if you look for them. The wine isn’t too bad either, if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

When I moved to AZ I felt like they had everything you could want, as long as it was Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Light. There are some options down here if you look for them. The wine isn’t too bad either, if you know where to look.
    When the brewery is open, we'll have to look into sending care packages out to the Southwest.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

LOL, I never have a problem getting a cold Shiner Bock wherever we go. I've been a failure as a father and uncle...now, they're turning their sights to selzers. I tried one, didn't like it at all. What's this world coming to?

LIZagFan — understand, and dismayed by your decision. Loved your contributions. Liked it when you agreed with me; liked you more when you didn’t. You were unfailingly thought provoking. You always saw that criticism and disagreement can be constructive. You recognized the difference between banter and vitriol. Should be obvious, but of late, not so. As a tribute to your work here, hope the mods will foster controversy, but swift to warn and punish hate and personal attacks.

Know that you’ll peak-in, and hopefully comment from time to time. You will be missed, because this board is weakened by your departure. Be happy, be content with your efforts here, and be well. Zags have many fans, none truer than you.

Go Zags!

Posters are PMing moderators vitriolic messages? That's just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Posters are PMing moderators vitriolic messages? That's just dumb.
    Very dumb and childish.

Sad news, Somewhere out there, there is a chorus of trolls chanting "Now all you base are belong to us"

Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

When you give up, the haters win.

Liz you are cool as the other side of the pillow.
    Love the zags for life

I would love to say it was a hard decision, but after the last year or so, and especially the last few months, it wasn't. As soon as it can be made effective I will no longer be a moderator, or much of anything else on this board. I will still post in the Foo... and honestly that will be about it. The veiled politics and negativity of this board has made it unreadable and unmanageable. Some folks on this board that will be more than happy to see me go... believe me... the vitriol one poster has sent me in PMs makes it quite clear. I will also note that Reno, Caldwell, and Hoopaholic have all done the same for variations of the same reasons in the last weeks and days. I cannot attest to whether they have intentions of posting going forward. To those that feel you had the right to run roughshod over the board... I guess you won in some sorts. Sadly, 90% of the posters that were here for over a decade and had great and interesting posts have all left. Best of luck... you may need it.

But I do part with a loving and heartfelt Go Zags! It may be the only thing that we all agree on.
    Sorry to hear LIZF, that's terrible. Can we start a new private forum just for the O.G.'s and the real ones here? I have done that a couple of times on forums related to other hobbies with great results. The members have to support it and generally one guy gets stuck running the forum software and managing the domain and hosting but it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

When the brewery is open, we'll have to look into sending care packages out to the Southwest.
    I would be interested in a nice full bodied Amber Ale, perhaps you could call it "The Moderator"
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

You were always one of my favorites.

I'm out of here as well. Add me to the exit list. I just can't..........
    I miss Mike Hart

i haven't posted for years, too much bulll####. Miss the old days back around 15 years ago. I still check in once in a while, thats about it. RIP board.
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

What the heck is going on here I take off for an off season and now the board is untenably terrible and all the old heads are leaving? What politics are we talking here? Everyones so cryptic it's hard to even know who the bad actors are/ what we are upset about. Did someone ask basketballzag to wear a mask in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    What the heck is going on here I take off for an off season and now the board is untenably terrible and all the old heads are leaving? What politics are we talking here? Everyones so cryptic it's hard to even know who the bad actors are/ what we are upset about. Did someone ask basketballzag to wear a mask in public?
    Yeah, I feel you. We're sitting here in the offseason, and meanwhile the world goes to hell, and college basketball is going to take a nap for a while. Hmmm, I wonder what would happen to all the media covering college basketball WHILE THERE WON'T BE ANY COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!! What did anyone expect? I don't blame the former moderators in any way. I haven't looked around, but does anyone think any other sports board is thriving under these conditions? Geez, it's pretty obvious, people. When the goose is cooked, what else is there, until the next goose comes along?

I've been listening to the three toddlers that live next door scream and cry continuously from 6 am to 8 pm daily since this fricking pandemic started. I can't get any work done. I pretty much want to throttle their parents because they have zero discipline whatsoever. There's zero chance I'll stomp over there and tell them to muzzle their pieholes, though. There's a metaphor in there, but I'll leave it to the reader to make one.

Oh the humanity!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Is this the Gonzaga college basketball board that BobZag intended it to be? I feel he is looking down from heaven and is disappointed with some of the things that have gone down. It's disappointing.

Thanks so much for all you have done for us LIZF. As a mod, you couldn't possibly imagine what he has gone through while also attending to his family and other duties in life. We are not all 13 year old kids.

Sorry to see you go LIZF. I appreciate the work you've put in and I always enjoyed the perspective that you brought to the conversation. It never dawned on me that someone would send disrespectful messages to another board member, I guess I'm pretty naive. I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by wiszag View Post
    It never dawned on me that someone would send disrespectful messages to another board member, I guess I'm pretty naive.
    Yes. This happens. To Mods AND to regular boardmembers. With far too much frequency.

Lest there be ANY doubt, the Mods and Admins now consider every boardmember "warned". In recent days, a number of boardmembers have been placed in 14 day quarantine (banned for 2 weeks for either talking politics or insulting other boardmembers). The Mods/Admins have zero tolerance. This is an effort to get this Board (which I believe is a GREAT board btw) back to the vision BobZag had .... when he created "BobZag's Living Room" ... where all Zag fans can have reasonable discourse and talk about our beloved Zags.

I am very hopeful that we CAN get back to being civil with one another and this board gets past this stage. I don't like the alternative.

Here's hoping there will be actual college hoops to discuss in the "not too distant" future.

In the meantime, the Mods and Admins of this Board hope that all remains well with our Boardmembers, their families and friends. GoZags aka Ken Devones. GU '77

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post

Lest there be ANY doubt, the Mods and Admins now consider every boardmember "warned". In recent days, a number of boardmembers have been placed in 14 day quarantine (banned for 2 weeks for either talking politics or insulting other boardmembers). The Mods/Admins have zero tolerance. This is an effort to get this Board (which I believe is a GREAT board btw) back to the vision BobZag had .... when he created "BobZag's Living Room" ... where all Zag fans can have reasonable discourse and talk about our beloved Zags.

I am very hopeful that we CAN get back to being civil with one another and this board gets past this stage. I don't like the alternative.

Here's hoping there will be actual college hoops to discuss in the "not too distant" future.

In the meantime, the Mods and Admins of this Board hope that all remains well with our Boardmembers, their families and friends. GoZags aka Ken Devones. GU '77
    Glad to hear this Ken. This board is way too valuable to let it go extinct due to a small, vocal few. Your post gives me some good hope that we can keep things going.

Mike - GU '02

Agreed. Thanks to all the moderators, both past and current. It’s tough.

Glad to hear about the clamping down. The political banter was tiresome. The backbiting was worse.

Go Zags.

We’ll miss you LIZF. Not sure I’ll post or visit much if the best are leaving in droves.

I enjoyed your prediction thread and results. ‘Twas fun times.