Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: A brief goodbye

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Yes. This happens. To Mods AND to regular boardmembers. With far too much frequency.

    Lest there be ANY doubt, the Mods and Admins now consider every boardmember "warned". In recent days, a number of boardmembers have been placed in 14 day quarantine (banned for 2 weeks for either talking politics or insulting other boardmembers). The Mods/Admins have zero tolerance. This is an effort to get this Board (which I believe is a GREAT board btw) back to the vision BobZag had .... when he created "BobZag's Living Room" ... where all Zag fans can have reasonable discourse and talk about our beloved Zags.

    I am very hopeful that we CAN get back to being civil with one another and this board gets past this stage. I don't like the alternative.

    Here's hoping there will be actual college hoops to discuss in the "not too distant" future.

    In the meantime, the Mods and Admins of this Board hope that all remains well with our Boardmembers, their families and friends. GoZags aka Ken Devones. GU '77
    Thanks for stepping up, KD. El Voce and the Beezer would be proud.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Thanks for stepping up, KD. El Voce and the Beezer would be proud.
    I completely agree, Jazz. Hey! What's going on? Why is it that suddenly I'm agreeing with you all the time now? hahahaha Mmm Have I suddenly changed, and become nice? lol

    Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I completely agree, Jazz. Hey! What's going on? Why is it that suddenly I'm agreeing with you all the time now? hahahaha Mmm Have I suddenly changed, and become nice? lol

    Go Zags!
    Naaa. Don’t change for me.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,449

    Default

    just kiddin ya, Jazz. I'm happy this morning. Weather's beautiful here right now Have a great weekend.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    just kiddin ya, Jazz. I'm happy this morning. Weather's beautiful here right now Have a great weekend.

    Go Zags!!!
    Been there. Gorgeous valley.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Been there. Gorgeous valley.
    If I recall correctly Uncle Sam was paying you and you would periodically hear (and or generate) very loud noises back when you we’re in Reborn’s neck of the woods.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    If I recall correctly Uncle Sam was paying you and you would periodically hear (and or generate) very loud noises back when you we’re in Reborn’s neck of the woods.
    Yes, sir.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Yes. This happens. To Mods AND to regular boardmembers. With far too much frequency.

    Lest there be ANY doubt, the Mods and Admins now consider every boardmember "warned". In recent days, a number of boardmembers have been placed in 14 day quarantine (banned for 2 weeks for either talking politics or insulting other boardmembers). The Mods/Admins have zero tolerance. This is an effort to get this Board (which I believe is a GREAT board btw) back to the vision BobZag had .... when he created "BobZag's Living Room" ... where all Zag fans can have reasonable discourse and talk about our beloved Zags.

    I am very hopeful that we CAN get back to being civil with one another and this board gets past this stage. I don't like the alternative.

    Here's hoping there will be actual college hoops to discuss in the "not too distant" future.

    In the meantime, the Mods and Admins of this Board hope that all remains well with our Boardmembers, their families and friends. GoZags aka Ken Devones. GU '77
    I'm VERY happy to hear this. I hope the board turns around.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Let me take this opportunity to thank not just LIZF for his service but all the mods past and present for what seems to have become a thankless task. GoZags said it best and I won't try to repeat it, but I think we could all do with a few more thank-you's here (and elsewhere).
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Yes. This happens. To Mods AND to regular boardmembers. With far too much frequency.

    Lest there be ANY doubt, the Mods and Admins now consider every boardmember "warned". In recent days, a number of boardmembers have been placed in 14 day quarantine (banned for 2 weeks for either talking politics or insulting other boardmembers). The Mods/Admins have zero tolerance. This is an effort to get this Board (which I believe is a GREAT board btw) back to the vision BobZag had .... when he created "BobZag's Living Room" ... where all Zag fans can have reasonable discourse and talk about our beloved Zags.

    I am very hopeful that we CAN get back to being civil with one another and this board gets past this stage. I don't like the alternative.

    Here's hoping there will be actual college hoops to discuss in the "not too distant" future.

    In the meantime, the Mods and Admins of this Board hope that all remains well with our Boardmembers, their families and friends. GoZags aka Ken Devones. GU '77
    I bailed about mid June. Figured I'd give it about a month and check back. Wow. Must have severely deteriorated in the last thirty days.

    I would just like to take the opportunity to thank GoZags and Reno for the respect they gave me in allowing the space to express my opinions about basketball and that which shall not be named. It was very clear that their thoughts didn't match mine very often, but they were more than gracious about it on the public side of this board as well as the PM side.

    Thank You, men.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,986

    Default

    I got banned and I'm not even political. Now i know to not explain my point. Thx! Go zags.
    Love the zags for life

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane / Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    LIZF is a gentleman. While we didn’t always agree you eloquently expressed solid rebuttals. I do know how gracious and generous you have been helping remote fans stream games. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling appreciation for those times.
    You were always the true gentleman in our room and certainly hope to see you here often. Thank you for your steady hand my friend.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    I don't come here often anymore - thus my very late response to the original post - but I want to thank LIZF for many years of interesting information, comments and service as a moderator. GU basketball has changed greatly since I enrolled as a freshman at GU in 1971 and I suspect that the nature and tone of this board have changed in part because GU basketball has become such a high profile / high energy / high stakes program. I first encountered GU basketball not because I loved the sport, but because my wife and I were both freshmen at GU and we each had roommates in the Catherine-Monica dorm and we wanted a quiet place to be alone together away from our roommates and also be away from the watchful eyes of Mrs. Hutton, the CM "dorm mother". In the fall and winter of 1971 you could flash your student ID and walk into any GU basketball game and sit in the upper bleachers at Kennedy Pavilion and not have anybody else within 50 feet of you during the entire game. Little '75 attended GU from 2000 - 2004 and by the time she was a junior at GU the routine of students camping outside the arena to get tickets had already started.

    Be Well, Be Safe, God Bless, and of course ...

    Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •