• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I hope that you can get at least a Shiner Bock in them once and a while.

When I moved to AZ I felt like they had everything you could want, as long as it was Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Light. There are some options down here if you look for them. The wine isn’t too bad either, if you know where to look.
    LOL, I never have a problem getting a cold Shiner Bock wherever we go. I've been a failure as a father and uncle...now, they're turning their sights to selzers. I tried one, didn't like it at all. What's this world coming to?

Comment

• TravelinZag
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2012

LIZagFan — understand, and dismayed by your decision. Loved your contributions. Liked it when you agreed with me; liked you more when you didn’t. You were unfailingly thought provoking. You always saw that criticism and disagreement can be constructive. You recognized the difference between banter and vitriol. Should be obvious, but of late, not so. As a tribute to your work here, hope the mods will foster controversy, but swift to warn and punish hate and personal attacks.

Know that you’ll peak-in, and hopefully comment from time to time. You will be missed, because this board is weakened by your departure. Be happy, be content with your efforts here, and be well. Zags have many fans, none truer than you.

Go Zags!

Comment

• zagdontzig
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2016

Posters are PMing moderators vitriolic messages? That's just dumb.
        Originally posted by Reborn
        Go Zags!!!
        Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• katman50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
          Posters are PMing moderators vitriolic messages? That's just dumb.
          Very dumb and childish.

Comment

• Birddog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Sad news, Somewhere out there, there is a chorus of trolls chanting "Now all you base are belong to us"

Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
            All mimsy were the borogoves,
            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Zags11
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

When you give up, the haters win.

Liz you are cool as the other side of the pillow.

Comment

• rennis
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                I would love to say it was a hard decision, but after the last year or so, and especially the last few months, it wasn't. As soon as it can be made effective I will no longer be a moderator, or much of anything else on this board. I will still post in the Foo... and honestly that will be about it. The veiled politics and negativity of this board has made it unreadable and unmanageable. Some folks on this board that will be more than happy to see me go... believe me... the vitriol one poster has sent me in PMs makes it quite clear. I will also note that Reno, Caldwell, and Hoopaholic have all done the same for variations of the same reasons in the last weeks and days. I cannot attest to whether they have intentions of posting going forward. To those that feel you had the right to run roughshod over the board... I guess you won in some sorts. Sadly, 90% of the posters that were here for over a decade and had great and interesting posts have all left. Best of luck... you may need it.

But I do part with a loving and heartfelt Go Zags! It may be the only thing that we all agree on.
                Sorry to hear LIZF, that's terrible. Can we start a new private forum just for the O.G.'s and the real ones here? I have done that a couple of times on forums related to other hobbies with great results. The members have to support it and generally one guy gets stuck running the forum software and managing the domain and hosting but it works great.
                Originally posted by Coach Few
                We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Birddog
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  When the brewery is open, we'll have to look into sending care packages out to the Southwest.
                  I would be interested in a nice full bodied Amber Ale, perhaps you could call it "The Moderator"
                  Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                  All mimsy were the borogoves,
                  And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• MickMick
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

You were always one of my favorites.

I'm out of here as well. Add me to the exit list. I just can't..........
                    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Feb 2007

i haven't posted for years, too much bulll####. Miss the old days back around 15 years ago. I still check in once in a while, thats about it. RIP board.
                      "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• Saxon_zag
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

What the heck is going on here I take off for an off season and now the board is untenably terrible and all the old heads are leaving? What politics are we talking here? Everyones so cryptic it's hard to even know who the bad actors are/ what we are upset about. Did someone ask basketballzag to wear a mask in public?

Comment

• caduceus
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Saxon_zag View Post
                          What the heck is going on here I take off for an off season and now the board is untenably terrible and all the old heads are leaving? What politics are we talking here? Everyones so cryptic it's hard to even know who the bad actors are/ what we are upset about. Did someone ask basketballzag to wear a mask in public?
                          Yeah, I feel you. We're sitting here in the offseason, and meanwhile the world goes to hell, and college basketball is going to take a nap for a while. Hmmm, I wonder what would happen to all the media covering college basketball WHILE THERE WON'T BE ANY COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!! What did anyone expect? I don't blame the former moderators in any way. I haven't looked around, but does anyone think any other sports board is thriving under these conditions? Geez, it's pretty obvious, people. When the goose is cooked, what else is there, until the next goose comes along?

I've been listening to the three toddlers that live next door scream and cry continuously from 6 am to 8 pm daily since this fricking pandemic started. I can't get any work done. I pretty much want to throttle their parents because they have zero discipline whatsoever. There's zero chance I'll stomp over there and tell them to muzzle their pieholes, though. There's a metaphor in there, but I'll leave it to the reader to make one.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Jul 2007

Oh the humanity!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                            -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• CDC84
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Is this the Gonzaga college basketball board that BobZag intended it to be? I feel he is looking down from heaven and is disappointed with some of the things that have gone down. It's disappointing.

Comment

• CDC84
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Thanks so much for all you have done for us LIZF. As a mod, you couldn't possibly imagine what he has gone through while also attending to his family and other duties in life. We are not all 13 year old kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X