Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone is on campus now! Now what?

Default Everyone is on campus now! Now what?

Mr Suggs finally arrived, so I'm assuming that everyone is on campus. The whole team. Is that right?
    I'm wondering what they are doing? Is the gym open? How about the weight room? If not what are they doing? Are they playing street ball over at the park? God I used to love playing outdoors in the summers. Loved street ball. I'm also wondering if any of the GU grads are back in Spokane to work out with the Zags. That would be really cool. Are they playing over at John Stocktons gyms?

Who knows these things. Help!!!!! I'm hoping we can get some good positive news!! We could use that.

Thanks

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I am hearing warehouse for some action.

Yeah! That would be the place. I'm would love to see who is all playing there. Wish I lived in Spokane.

I recall petrusev recently going back to Serbia via social media.

That isn’t really Suggs. It is a basketball-playing robot from the future who is taking his place. The real Suggs is being held hostage in Minnesota by SkyNet, who is trying to rewrite the future by convincing him choose to play overseas. It might sound crazy but it definitely isn’t crazy at all. Not in the slightest. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Yeah! That would be the place. I'm would love to see who is all playing there. Wish I lived in Spokane.
    I'll second that notion, but then I'd be 2000 miles from my grandkids. IOW, that move just isn't going to happen. As I type, Big D is challenging me to a game of hoops on our trampoline. It's already pushing 95 here, that's not happening either. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'll second that notion, but then I'd be 2000 miles from my grandkids. IOW, that move just isn't going to happen. As I type, Big D is challenging me to a game of hoops on our trampoline. It's already pushing 95 here, that's not happening either. lol
    I see Texas is beginning to have some serious problems. Be safe. That basketball game on a trampoline sure sounds fun. Leave it to kids to come up with the greatest ideas. Growing with grandkids when they are just young kids is certainly one of life's great pleasures. Take it easy.

Go Zags!!!

Now they practice and train for the entire 2020-2021 season together (perhaps private scrimmages against other teams) because there won't be a college basketball season.

Suggs will probably decide to declare for the NBA draft next year and may never wear a game jersey at Gonzaga.

It's a good thing we have a lot of great current players on the team and a lot of top notch future recruits. The Gonzaga train will chug along, but this season ain't gonna happen folks.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Glad the positive feelings. Lets just cancel season til 2022.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Glad the positive feelings. Lets just cancel season 2021 2022.
    Hey Zags11, don't let hockeyzag upset you. He's obviously has a strong opinion about next season. Many many people feel that way. However, no one really knows. And the players and coaches will need to go forward as if there is a season. They need to train, play some ball and stay in shape. Believe me they are NOT resting on their butts. And Suggs is preparing to play this upcoming season just like everyone else, and I'm sure he's enjoying himself in Spokane. I just wish I lived closer to them in Spokane. I'd be doing some investigating, detective work....I'm good at that too.

Let's keep believing. You know I will.

Go Zags!!!

Hey Zags11, don't let hockeyzag upset you. He's obviously has a strong opinion about next season. Many many people feel that way. However, no one really knows. And the players and coaches will need to go forward as if there is a season. They need to train, play some ball and stay in shape. Believe me they are NOT resting on their butts. And Suggs is preparing to play this upcoming season just like everyone else, and I'm sure he's enjoying himself in Spokane. I just wish I lived closer to them in Spokane. I'd be doing some investigating, detective work....I'm good at that too.

Go Zags!!!
    +1

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

1. It would be criminal to not safety prepare as if the season will play out totally normally. They must prepare with full effort, and maximum safety. We're sure they will.

2. The Zags are uniquely fit to handle a unique season. They are mature, cohesive, and part of a family. If anything, the Zags would benefit versus others in a unique season.

3. Recent numbers are the very opposite of what one would want if wanting basketball this year. We down south don't have hospital beds. It is not even fall yet.

4. I don't see how games can be played this calendar year and would dearly love to see a conference schedule w/o fans starting mid-Jan., that's best case scenario IMO. Maybe the NBA, NFL, NHL, have the hundreds of millions necessary to create a bubble and play on TV. Maybe. But the schools don't.

5. There is more evidence that this virus doesn't "leave" and may have long-term impacts which, for all we know, do impact kids. Please be safe everyone.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    1. It would be criminal to not safety prepare as if the season will play out totally normally. They must prepare with full effort, and maximum safety. We're sure they will.

2. The Zags are uniquely fit to handle a unique season. They are mature, cohesive, and part of a family. If anything, the Zags would benefit versus others in a unique season.

3. Recent numbers are the very opposite of what one would want if wanting basketball this year. We down south don't have hospital beds. It is not even fall yet.

4. I don't see how games can be played this calendar year and would dearly love to see a conference schedule w/o fans starting mid-Jan., that's best case scenario IMO. Maybe the NBA, NFL, NHL, have the hundreds of millions necessary to create a bubble and play on TV. Maybe. But the schools don't.

5. There is more evidence that this virus doesn't "leave" and may have long-term impacts which, for all we know, do impact kids. Please be safe everyone.
    I keep posting this idea I had and everyone thinks it is too draconian, that an actual 6 weeks lockdown would destroy people, ignoring the concept that if everyone had $5000 with no rent or mortgage, they would be fine. Get Netflix, HBO or something...but after 6 weeks, we, the American people, have COVID-19 under control.
    I said it before and I'll say it again.
    Lock down, everybody and every thing for 6 weeks. Only essential workers. Health care, grocery and pharmacy to put your online or phone orders in the trunk. Truck drivers to deliver to food and prescripts to those places, Skeletal staff for utilities, for prescription delivery through the mail, and Law Enforcement to pick up those idiots that just refuse to obey. They will serve the 6 weeks (or until they are up) in jail, extended to 14 days after the lock down is over.
    Every worker gets $5000, including landlords and bosses, but no corporations or companies. NO RENT for 2 months, but no payments to the banks by the landlords for two months. Utilities, cable tv, cell phone, credit cards etc get paid.
    When the 6 weeks are up, people will burst out ready to spend that money. The economy will rebound.
    We lose this season of MLB, Nascar etc, but we get ALL the college sports, the NFL and all fall, winter and spring sports. The NBA can go ahead because of their bubble/campus plan.
    All tests go to health care, people that are transported and those they live with. Their quarantine lasts until they are proven clean.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    That isn’t really Suggs. It is a basketball-playing robot from the future who is taking his place. The real Suggs is being held hostage in Minnesota by SkyNet, who is trying to rewrite the future by convincing him choose to play overseas. It might sound crazy but it definitely isn’t crazy at all. Not in the slightest. Nope.
    I, for one, don't believe this. I believe that is really is Suggs!... or was. How do we know he's still here? Sure, maybe he was here yesterday, but how do we know he didn't just up and leave??!! I think we need a daily "Is he here or not?" update from an insider on this matter. That's what I believe.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I keep posting this idea I had and everyone thinks it is too draconian, that an actual 6 weeks lockdown would destroy people, ignoring the concept that if everyone had $5000 with no rent or mortgage, they would be fine. Get Netflix, HBO or something...but after 6 weeks, we, the American people, have COVID-19 under control.
    Lock down, everybody and every thing for 6 weeks. Only essential workers. Health care, grocery and pharmacy to put your online or phone orders in the trunk. Truck drivers to deliver to food and prescripts to those places, Skeletal staff for utilities, for prescription delivery through the mail, and Law Enforcement to pick up those idiots that just refuse to obey. They will serve the 6 weeks (or until they are up) in jail, extended to 14 days after the lock down is over.
    Every worker gets $5000, including landlords and bosses, but no corporations or companies. NO RENT for 2 months, but no payments to the banks by the landlords for two months. Utilities, cable tv, cell phone, credit cards etc get paid.
    When the 6 weeks are up, people will burst out ready to spend that money. The economy will rebound.
    We lose this season of MLB, Nascar etc, but we get ALL the college sports, the NFL and all fall, winter and spring sports. The NBA can go ahead because of their bubble/campus plan.
    All tests go to health care, people that are transported and those they live with. Their quarantine lasts until they are proven clean.
    willandi: I appreciate a lot of what you share here, but I believe it's best to stick to GU basketball. That's the purpose of this forum. There are other forums on GUBoards where maybe you can talk about Corvid19. AND imo, we've have had way too much talk about it on this forum, and because we all have different opinions about it, it causes friction in this community. I for one treasure this forum, and have been a contributing member here for years. Come on, Bro. Let's keep it to Zag basketball.

My hope is that we will try to believe that there will be a season of some sorts, and I'm sure it's the hope of the team. They are preparing for it so why don't we. Why don't we write and post info AS IF we were going to have a season. What would we post if we were planning to have a season. I think we'd be trying to talk about what the team is doing to prepare for it.

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    I recall petrusev recently going back to Serbia via social media.
    He went back to Serbia via social media? Wow, I'm behind the times, I would have gone via airplane.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Yakima is not a long drive to Spokane and GU. Go for it. I'm going from Tri-Cities soon.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    yes, we know.

Mr Suggs finally arrived, so I'm assuming that everyone is on campus. The whole team. Is that right?

Who knows these things. Help!!!!! I'm hoping we can get some good positive news!! We could use that.

Thanks

Go Zags!!!
    Thanks, Reborn for your effort; wish it had yielded some news.

If one assumes 2020 games are out and California WWC public colleges aren’t playing, schedule is blown. As a contingency,
    perhaps staff could quietly begin scheduling some non-league games with quality opponents for potentially open dates. Live audience or not TBD. TV would jump at the chance to cover quality games, revenues split. Could salvage a 2021 spring season superior to lost conference games. Plan now, cancel if not doable or necessary when January arrives.
    Wacky, but better to have a plan B than not, and someone on this board can improve the idea and run with it.

Go Zags! Whenever they let you.

Hey, since none of us are busy, why don't we see how much fear we can generate and spread to ourselves and others. Our many, many blessings don't matter. Love or fear, we chose fear. A life well lived. Oh, by the way, your reality is started in your mind. ( see Plato's 5th republic in the cave or you younger internet guy, check out Dr Eben Alexanders near death experience on the net or you inbetweeners Dr burns book Feeling Good the first 50 pages. But maybe my favorite on netflix The secret. (Not the russian movie). I think the guys have bought into Nike;s slogan "No Fear" and they live it for us to see.
    Last edited by zag buddy; 07-11-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Thanks, Reborn for your effort; wish it had yielded some news.

If one assumes 2020 games are out and California WWC public colleges aren’t playing, schedule is blown. As a contingency,
    perhaps staff could quietly begin scheduling some non-league games with quality opponents for potentially open dates. Live audience or not TBD. TV would jump at the chance to cover quality games, revenues split. Could salvage a 2021 spring season superior to lost conference games. Plan now, cancel if not doable or necessary when January arrives.
    Wacky, but better to have a plan B than not, and someone on this board can improve the idea and run with it.

Go Zags! Whenever they let you.
    Thanks for at least talking about Gonzaga basketball. And honestly, I thought your idea was pretty cool. That could work. I'm sure Roth and Few et al are all working on different plans. I'd love to see the plans they've worked on, as well as what might be coming down the pipe. Complacency isn't part of the Zag vocabulary. There is a huge difference between this forum and the foo. I think some who post here should really look into posting more in the Foo, or some other forum. Anyway thanks for your post. Shows some real intelligence and effort.

Go Zags!!!

F1 is racing cars without spectators, and will race again this weekend.
    this gives me a bit of hope

Go Zags!!!
    Sorry for the negativity y'all, I just don't see it happening this year. Just following what the science says, instead of what we all obviously hope will happen.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    Now they practice and train for the entire 2020-2021 season together (perhaps private scrimmages against other teams) because there won't be a college basketball season.

Suggs will probably decide to declare for the NBA draft next year and may never wear a game jersey at Gonzaga.

It's a good thing we have a lot of great current players on the team and a lot of top notch future recruits. The Gonzaga train will chug along, but this season ain't gonna happen folks.
    willandi: I appreciate a lot of what you share here, but I believe it's best to stick to GU basketball. That's the purpose of this forum. There are other forums on GUBoards where maybe you can talk about Corvid19. AND imo, we've have had way too much talk about it on this forum, and because we all have different opinions about it, it causes friction in this community. I for one treasure this forum, and have been a contributing member here for years. Come on, Bro. Let's keep it to Zag basketball.

My hope is that we will try to believe that there will be a season of some sorts, and I'm sure it's the hope of the team. They are preparing for it so why don't we. Why don't we write and post info AS IF we were going to have a season. What would we post if we were planning to have a season. I think we'd be trying to talk about what the team is doing to prepare for it.

Go Zags!!!
    Interesting that you haven't called out those that say there will be no season.

What I want is for there to be a season, an all college sports season and a professional sports season, but if we just go along along infections to increase exponentially and more deaths, the season hangs in the balance.
    Other than good wishes, what do YOU suggest the Zags do to try and ensure a season?

I do thank you for your connection to the Zags and I also appreciate your posts. I want the best (potentially) recruiting class in Zags history to have a legitimate shot at the Natty. Having the season cancelled won't do that.
    Last edited by willandi; 07-12-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    It's not funny.

willandi: I appreciate a lot of what you share here, but I believe it's best to stick to GU basketball. That's the purpose of this forum....

Go Zags!!!
    Love this idea Reborn. Still a bit early for this but I always enjoy this board’s chatter about the inter squad scrimmage as Kraziness in the Kennel approaches. This season in particular will be great to see. Rather than the traditional splitting likely starters up amongst the two squads to make it as competitive as possible, I’d love to see projected starters vs “2nd team” because all the talent means this scrimmage will be competitive no matter what:

Blue (My projected starters)
    Suggs
    Ayayi
    Kispert
    Timme
    Petrusev (Zakharov)

RED
    Cook
    Harris
    Arlauskas (Strawther)
    Watson
    Ballo