• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fonebone
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Thanks to the downers, this place is no more. We could spare the negativity and ban those who bring it, yet they keep them and let the gold walk.
    Perhaps a venue will come where that is not the case. Some will object to that approach, and they are free to not participate. To each their own. I know where I will go.

The opposing view seems to me to be like someone who insists that everyone is welcome at dinner, even the few who so dominate by sheer volume of posts and aggressiveness that the pleasure of the majority is pulled down and their voices muted. There are always a few who must prove that they are more clever than the rest, it’s a sport to them, but I came to dinner to digest more than their narcissism. Free speech is a cherished right, but when I go to dinner if you disrupt it too frequently then I’ll find another gathering spot.

At first I was sad at the fracturing of this board, but I think now it’s a necessary step to start fresh. There have been hundreds of requests for change, but to no avail.

We have the Zags to discuss, which is an organizing core with tremendous potential. I have no doubt that a much better Board will come from this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Fonebone View Post
      Perhaps a venue will come where that is not the case. Some will object to that approach, and they are free to not participate. To each their own. I know where I will go.

The opposing view seems to me to be like someone who insists that everyone is welcome at dinner, even the few who so dominate by sheer volume of posts and aggressiveness that the pleasure of the majority is pulled down and their voices muted. There are always a few who must prove that they are more clever than the rest, it’s a sport to them, but I came to dinner to digest more than their narcissism. Free speech is a cherished right, but when I go to dinner if you disrupt it too frequently then I’ll find another gathering spot.

At first I was sad at the fracturing of this board, but I think now it’s a necessary step to start fresh. There have been hundreds of requests for change, but to no avail.

We have the Zags to discuss, which is an organizing core with tremendous potential. I have no doubt that a much better Board will come from this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I know where I’m going too. Spy, jazz and others while he said there was no problems with them certainly couldn’t keep their mouth shut without spewing negativity and pissing everyone off. They just couldn’t help themselves. There’s others than just them too, plenty of others. Now they gotta show the $$$ if they want part in that.
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Never thought I would pay to discuss Gonzaga, but it sure looks like that will happen. I haven’t been here since the beginning, but it’s been about 12 years now and unless the Spokesman gets serious about policing the GUB I don’t think it can get any better than the mess it’s become. BobZag and others gave us so many recruiting tips (besides all the other fun Zag related topics). Now that Caldwell, Blue, Reno, LongIsland and more have left or are leaving I don’t know what’s going to happen here.
        It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
          Never thought I would pay to discuss Gonzaga, but it sure looks like that will happen. I haven’t been here since the beginning, but it’s been about 12 years now and unless the Spokesman gets serious about policing the GUB I don’t think it can get any better than the mess it’s become. BobZag and others gave us so many recruiting tips (besides all the other fun Zag related topics). Now that Caldwell, Blue, Reno, LongIsland and more have left or are leaving I don’t know what’s going to happen here.
          The only thing the Spokesman does is very graciously provide us with hosting, so far as I know. It's up to the admin/moderator team past that, and it's one of those things with high demands and low rewards.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• IowaSERE
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Oct 2008

Caldwell can in fact fly fish. A little. Oh, and there's some big fish out there that the Zags are on that have not been posted here or on Twitter.

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

I just wish we still had resident experts with ties to the recruits so we could know what is going on.

Since the 'Whelping Box was Caldwells' baby, maybe we should close it. We do that to uncomfortable discussions about COVID.
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• White lightning
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                Caldwell can in fact fly fish. A little. Oh, and there's some big fish out there that the Zags are on that have not been posted here or on Twitter.
                You must have been voted as the master bait provider trying to lure others. I'm not into this fishing report. Maybe I need to find another body of water to hang out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X