Thread: Email to USF Season Ticket Holders

Default Email to USF Season Ticket Holders

From the email I received, it is sounding like USF is not planning on playing next season. They are essentially asking us how to we want to deal with our ticket payments, i.e. donate back to school, refund, etc.

Not playing at all next season, or not playing in front of crowds?

Sorry to hear that. It must be tough as a ticket holder. It’s tough enough as someone who just watches on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    From the email I received, it is sounding like USF is not planning on playing next season. They are essentially asking us how to we want to deal with our ticket payments, i.e. donate back to school, refund, etc.
    Do you mind PMing me what they sent out? I work in the ticketing industry and would love to know what other schools are messaging. Thank you!

Season or home games with fans?
    Just got this from the 49ers --

Dear Robert,

We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.

You may have seen reports referencing potential changes to the preseason schedules for NFL teams. While we do not have definitive details to report at this time, we will share updates on the status of preseason games as soon as information is available. In the meantime, we wanted to communicate to you, our valued season ticket members, the approach we will be taking on tickets for home games at Levi’s® Stadium this year.

To ensure the health and safety of our season ticket members, players, coaches, staff and the greater community and to comply with state and local restrictions, we may not be able to host fans in a full or limited capacity this season. Given this uncertainty, season ticket members will have two options for payments made for the upcoming season: (1) credit your 2020 payments to the 2021 season; or (2) request a refund. In the event we have limited capacity at Levi’s® Stadium this season, tickets will be made available on a game-by-game basis at the season ticket rate. Members electing to credit 2020 payments to the 2021 season will receive preferred access to available tickets.

Please note that there is no action required on your part at this time. A follow up email will be sent in the coming weeks with more information and process for selecting one of these two options.

If you elect to receive a refund, there will be no negative impacts to your account seniority or current seat location, but you will not receive preferred access to available tickets for this season. Eligibility for either option requires you to be current on your SBL financing payments. Accounts on the Monthly Membership Plan will no longer have payments deducted for the 2020 season.

On behalf of the entire 49ers organization, we appreciate your continued support and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times together. Please click here to view a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any immediate questions beyond those listed, please reach out to us directly at memberservices@49ers.com.

Sincerely,
    Membership Service Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Dallas Cowboys ticket holders will likely get their refund in the form of Papa Johns pizza coupons...Jerry Jones owns over 90 PJ franchises. Once he gets your money, it stays with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Dallas Cowboys ticket holders will likely get their refund in the form of Papa Johns pizza coupons...Jerry Jones owns over 90 PJ franchises. Once he gets your money, it stays with him.
    mmm. Imagine how much 25% off pizza a season ticket gets you.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This is not all that different than the letter sent to GU MBB Season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    Season or home games with fans?
    Just got this from the 49ers --

Dear Robert,

We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.

You may have seen reports referencing potential changes to the preseason schedules for NFL teams. While we do not have definitive details to report at this time, we will share updates on the status of preseason games as soon as information is available. In the meantime, we wanted to communicate to you, our valued season ticket members, the approach we will be taking on tickets for home games at Levi’s® Stadium this year.

To ensure the health and safety of our season ticket members, players, coaches, staff and the greater community and to comply with state and local restrictions, we may not be able to host fans in a full or limited capacity this season. Given this uncertainty, season ticket members will have two options for payments made for the upcoming season: (1) credit your 2020 payments to the 2021 season; or (2) request a refund. In the event we have limited capacity at Levi’s® Stadium this season, tickets will be made available on a game-by-game basis at the season ticket rate. Members electing to credit 2020 payments to the 2021 season will receive preferred access to available tickets.

Please note that there is no action required on your part at this time. A follow up email will be sent in the coming weeks with more information and process for selecting one of these two options.

If you elect to receive a refund, there will be no negative impacts to your account seniority or current seat location, but you will not receive preferred access to available tickets for this season. Eligibility for either option requires you to be current on your SBL financing payments. Accounts on the Monthly Membership Plan will no longer have payments deducted for the 2020 season.

On behalf of the entire 49ers organization, we appreciate your continued support and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times together. Please click here to view a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any immediate questions beyond those listed, please reach out to us directly at memberservices@49ers.com.

Sincerely,
    Membership Service Team
    San Francisco 49ers

Umm, that is the excellence one gets from a top tier professional organization with loads of money. They pay professionals to put out a professional plan and letter.

That is as good as I've seen with respect to a breakdown on what they know, some sensible options, sensible concern (the "no action is required right now" is perfect), and no condescension or entitlement.

Professional at every level. And that stuff isn't easy, no matter how easy they make it look.

Thx for sharing.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Umm, that is the excellence one gets from a top tier professional organization with loads of money. They pay professionals to put out a professional plan and letter.

That is as good as I've seen with respect to a breakdown on what they know, some sensible options, sensible concern (the "no action is required right now" is perfect), and no condescension or entitlement.

Professional at every level. And that stuff isn't easy, no matter how easy they make it look.

Thx for sharing.
    You could write this this just as well.

In somewhat related news, I got this email today (I don't know how I got signed up for a UofA athletics newsletter, but I digress):

FROM THE DESK OF DAVE HEEKE

Pac-12 Conference Decision
    Arizona Athletics fully supports the Pac-12 Conference’s decision to move to a conference-only schedule for Fall sports. Fridays’s announcement from the Pac-12 aligns with the guiding principles of President Robbins, the University of Arizona, our athletics department and the NCAA, which put the health, safety and wellbeing of student-athletes, coaches, staff and our communities as the top priority.
    Moving forward, our athletics department will support our Fall sports programs with the impact of this decision. We will also begin reaching out to our fans, donors and supporters about this decision’s impact on ticketing and scheduling in the upcoming weeks. The Wildcat Family has been tremendously patient, dedicated and compassionate during these trying times, and I want to thank you all again for your support.
    We will navigate the unprecedented times of this global pandemic and continue to consult with our campus partners as well as state and local government authorities on our safe and healthy re-entry processes. Arizona Athletics remains committed to partnering with our local health leaders to protect our community.
    Stay Safe and Bear Down,
    Director of Athletics, Dave Heeke
    I have been pondering how playing a conference-only schedule does much from a safety perspective, but the best I can come up with is that it buys some time because that part of the schedule starts later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I have been pondering how playing a conference-only schedule does much from a safety perspective, but the best I can come up with is that it buys some time because that part of the schedule starts later in the year.
    I think you nailed it. Simply about time and delaying.

NCAA sports in 2020 is increasingly looking like a pipe dream. The logistics seem insurmountable. I think the best we can hope for is May Madness in 2021.

Thx for sharing.
    I'm pretty sure I saw that the Seahawks announced the same thing last week.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    I think you nailed it. Simply about time and delaying.

NCAA sports in 2020 is increasingly looking like a pipe dream. The logistics seem insurmountable. I think the best we can hope for is May Madness in 2021.
    A shortened season is better than no season. A handful of made-for-tv match-ups during the non-conference would also be better than nothing.

A conference schedule is a big question mark for me, though. I worry particularly about California (although Washington isn't too far behind) because it seems like it only takes one state to decide not to participate to throw a serious monkey wrench into things.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Coming from the one guy who actually has done this for a living that is very nice, but I doubt it.

I read the Seahawks put out a similar one, similarly professional, top notch. I am just saying it's not at all easy, as you know very well.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Coming from the one guy who actually has done this for a living that is very nice, but I doubt it.

I read the Seahawks put out a similar one, similarly professional, top notch. I am just saying it's not at all easy, as you know very well.
    Coming from Jazz, I thought he was sarcastically saying you could have written your post better. But I’m probably mistaken.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I wouid be happy to play a conference only season
    there could still be a Dance
    i just hope the SF Dons are talking about spectators, not the players

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Coming from Jazz, I thought he was sarcastically saying you could have written your post better. But I’m probably mistaken.
    You are right, you are wrong. Spectacularly wrong, big surprise.