Thread: Back 2 Back? ;)

Default Back 2 Back? ;)

I have been a fan since '99 so I am waiting for (1) and know that anything can happen, but am I the only one thinking about the insane possibility of the zags being back to back champs?

20-21
    Suggs/Cook
    Ayayi/Harris
    Kispert/strawther/arlauskas
    Timme/Watson
    Petrusev/Ballo/Zacharov

Nova and Baylor seem to be close to us, and the three rosters I think are head and shoulders above the rest right now preseason.

21-22
    Nembhard
    Harris
    Watson/Strawther
    Timme/Banchero
    Ballo/Zacharov

Add in Banchero or Chet, plus Sallis or Peyton Watson? That team would also be preseason top 3 i imagine..

A lot can happen, but we are in the middle of the Zags Golden Age

It's almost impossible to repeat in modern college basketball, but I would bet a lot of money that Gonzaga wins it's first national championship in the next 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    It's almost impossible to repeat in modern college basketball, but I would bet a lot of money that Gonzaga wins it's first national championship in the next 2 years
    One of my greatest hopes in life is to celebrate a national championship in person with my dad. Would love to see it.

Lets start with winning the first one
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I have been a fan since '99 so I am waiting for (1) and know that anything can happen, but am I the only one thinking about the insane possibility of the zags being back to back champs?

20-21
    Suggs/Cook
    Ayayi/Harris
    Kispert/strawther/arlauskas
    Timme/Watson
    Petrusev/Ballo/Zacharov

Nova and Baylor seem to be close to us, and the three rosters I think are head and shoulders above the rest right now preseason.

21-22
    Nembhard
    Harris
    Watson/Strawther
    Timme/Banchero
    Ballo/Zacharov

Add in Banchero or Chet, plus Sallis or Peyton Watson? That team would also be preseason top 3 i imagine..

A lot can happen, but we are in the middle of the Zags Golden Age
    I truly think Ayayi could/will be with the Zags in 21-22. He wants to stay 2 more years, realizes he has many things to work on and is not a sure thing to leave after the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I truly think Ayayi could/will be with the Zags in 21-22. He wants to stay 2 more years, realizes he has many things to work on and is not a sure thing to leave after the upcoming season.
    You think?? If that was the case... him and Nembhard would be lethal

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now...but the possibility is there!
    America's Team!

Are we playing basketball this year? Not to be a Negative Nellie, but I’m not sure how this is all going to play out. Seems like there is more risk now than when March Madness was cancelled. Even then, it was determined games couldn’t be played even absent fans.

my initial comment this morning on another thread was, expecting nembhard to improve his game this 'sit' year, and if he is even 75% of what nwg gave us his one full season...........can you say "repeat"

- and yes i'm way ahead of myself on this, but gosh, just look at the line ups this year and next, and you really do have to expect a couple of final four appearances.

- i do not know what dixie is going to do on her yearly 'one unexpected prediction' thread, as the expectations have to be top shelf, and thus hardly unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Lets start with winning the first one
    This!

Let’s just hope that before we start “counting our chickens” we see if all three of our starters return...if that happens then the possibilities are endless...