Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Andrew Nembhard!!

Quote Originally Posted by packlite View Post
    Since I haven't been reading all the threaded posts here, don't know if this has been posted yet. Nevertheless, a very substantial content-laden article from "Gator Country". Very smart.!

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...it-at-florida/
    thanks for posting this link. great read. loved the analysis of our PnR.

The writer is very good. Let's hope the fit is as perfect as he thinks. I think it is.

Like Nigel Williams-Goss Andrew will have a redshirt year to totally absorb the Zags system offensively and defensively. Instead of getting up to speed like grad transfers he's going to be running the team like a veteran.

I think its going to be something to have a 6'5 point guard running the pick and roll with the studs coming in!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I think its going to be something to have a 6'5 point guard running the pick and roll with the studs coming in!!
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agreed, and I think having this particular 6'5 point guard running the pick & roll (as well as the up-tempo offense, in general) will help bring-in new studs.!!!!

This is awesome!! Welcome Andrew!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

He has an uncanny way of getting to the hoop and scoring off the dribble. He has a very good left hand for scoring which always helps.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

He has that herky jerky change of pace off the dribble, which allows him to beat much quicker and better athletes to the goal. Williams-Goss had this same skill in his game. Not saying he is that good but that change of pace really makes you very hard to keep you out of the lane. Once you get into the lane good things happen. What a great time to be a Zag fan. Welcome aboard young man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    He has that herky jerky change of pace off the dribble, which allows him to beat much quicker and better athletes to the goal. Williams-Goss had this same skill in his game. Not saying he is that good but that change of pace really makes you very hard to keep you out of the lane. Once you get into the lane good things happen. What a great time to be a Zag fan. Welcome aboard young man.
    If I remember correctly, NWG had one of the fastest lateral quickness scores at the draft combine. I understand what you are saying with the change of pace but I think NWG was agile.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the family! A perfect and destined fit
    Go Zags!!!

Not sure where to post this. Haven't seen any posts from Reborn..anyone know how he is doing?
    America's Team!

Henne he posted last week. Seems busy with his son.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Henne he posted last week. Seems busy with his son.
    Copy, TY
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    I believe we lost Jalen Suggs five or six times after his verbal.
    Any time I feel myself getting upset over a Jazz post, I comfort myself by remembering that he is almost always wrong in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Any time I feel myself getting upset over a Jazz post, I comfort myself by remembering that he is almost always wrong in the long run.
    Love this.
    It's not funny.

Reverse kiss of death.......

+ 1,000,000
    gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."

I like the idea of taking the power out of jazz’s posts by immediately thanking him for posting his unwarranted worries. Thanking him because it’s good luck for him to doubt something.

He wasn't wrong when he agreed with my post.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    He wasn't wrong when he agreed with my post.
    That does seem to be a common sentiment regarding EVERYONE'S posts..
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

I was over in the Whelping Box and the talent that Nembhard is likely going to have around him is going to be incredible. He will have the keys to a Ferrari (figuratively) when he steps steps in and takes the driver’s seat. His experience will be highly valuable with all of the young talent coming in. This seems like a fantastic chance for him to improve the areas he wants to improve, make his mark with the program and in college basketball, and build on his resume for professional ball. I really wanted him to come the first time around and couldn’t be happier with who we will have manning the point in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was over in the Whelping Box and the talent that Nembhard is likely going to have around him is going to be incredible. He will have the keys to a Ferrari (figuratively) when he steps steps in and takes the driver’s seat. His experience will be highly valuable with all of the young talent coming in. This seems like a fantastic chance for him to improve the areas he wants to improve, make his mark with the program and in college basketball, and build on his resume for professional ball. I really wanted him to come the first time around and couldn’t be happier with who we will have manning the point in 2021.
    Its actually interesting to think what would have happened if he came the first time....With the Zag Coaching staff's help would he be on his way to the NBA now?

If not would we probably wouldn't be getting Jalen who he will now most likely replace...…..

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Its actually interesting to think what would have happened if he came the first time....With the Zag Coaching staff's help would he be on his way to the NBA now?

If not would we probably wouldn't be getting Jalen who he will now most likely replace...…..
    I thought of that too.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post

He would have been JP's underling for one year and then would most probably had the PG job last year...Don't know if Admon or Ryan would have come...Ryan was an exceptional PG, one of the best we have ever had at GU (IMO) and don't know if sophomore Nembhard could have played as well as Ryan or Admon who were both seniors. Just my take on your post.

I think his one year off and working with the program will just make him incredible. Will he be as good or as athletic as NWG and then again he could be better...I hope the latter is true...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    He would have been JP's underling for one year and then would most probably had the PG job last year...Don't know if Admon or Ryan would have come...Ryan was an exceptional PG, one of the best we have ever had at GU (IMO) and don't know if sophomore Nembhard could have played as well as Ryan or Admon who were both seniors. Just my take on your post.

I think his one year off and working with the program will just make him incredible. Will he be as good or as athletic as NWG and then again he could be better...I hope the latter is true...
    It's hard to beat Ryan's contribution last year. He was a joy to watch and was so tough. It's funny how sports can sneak up on you and teach or re-iterate life-lessons. Bad things in the present may not be as bad as thought, or might be a prelude to a greater good. "All things happen for a reason" has become a platitude but is a concept that I take to heart. I was disappointed when Nembhard didn't come the first time but things turned out just the way they were supposed to, it seems to me.