Thread: *** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *** 06-12-20 Foo Media Relations

Default *** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *** 06-12-20 Foo Media Relations

Foo Communications Department
    Foo Global Unlimited
    C/O Gonzaga University

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *** 12-12-20

In a development some described as "incredibly self-absorbed," Foo member formerly known as "DixieZag" has changed his Foo and MBB name to "DZ."

People familiar with the Foo environment offered speculation as to the reasoning for the name change, "The guy is trying to get away from that reputation he's gotten, like criminals that change their name and stuff, right?" said a man from Reno who wanted his name withheld "due to safety concerns."

The speculation is directly contradicted by a statement put out by DixieZag/DZ's spokesperson, Daisy Ridley:

"Dix chose the name in 2007 when he simply associated it with a region. Now that the word is more associated with intolerable history and racism, DZ wanted to rid himself of any connotation with intolerance that would offend the Jesuit ideals he first learned at Gonzaga."

Still, some expressed even more skepticism. "It's an obvious last-ditched attempt to remain relevant. It's sad, really, if you think the name is way past its time, you should see his posts. He's just trying to hard, he'll probably throw a press conference or something," said a man from suburban New York who wished to remain anonymous due to "a need to keep my sanity."

Gonzaga University put out a short statement: "Who?"

DZ shall not address the issue again, as he feels quite at home in the Foo and hopes his brothers and sisters will understand.

*** END Of STATEMENT ****
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

LOL! DZ works well too!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

I would have changed my name to Death Star Zag...way cooler.

Sorta’ like the students at the University of Mississippi who tried to adopt Admiral Ackbar as their mascot, so that they could still be the Rebels without all of the racist undertones.

I like Dizzy ...
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    I like Dizzy ...
    that's how I read DZ
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    LOL that's pretty hilarious. We're trying to think of alternative names for our district's problematic mascot and one of the better alternatives was apparently a drug reference, whoops.

I was thinking that an answer to the Washington Redskins was to change the logo!
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    I like Dizzy ...
    I hadn't thought of it, but I'm all over it.

I am adopting it.

Yep. "Dizzy" it is - seems apropos.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    LOL that's pretty hilarious. We're trying to think of alternative names for our district's problematic mascot and one of the better alternatives was apparently a drug reference, whoops.

Anymore, you should probably check any product names, mascots, or slogans against the Urban Dictionary just to avoid that problem.

Anymore, you should probably check any product names, mascots, or slogans against the Urban Dictionary just to avoid that problem.
    Yeah, or you'd go name your team the "Rule 34s" or something like that!
    Mark Twain.

Solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Had I followed the Dixie Chicks example I would have just become "Zag" - and as I recall, someone here actually has that name, though it isn't one that was gobbled up quickly. "The Zag" would be a little presumptuous.

If I leave it at "Dizzy" and spelled "DZ" that's almost hip hop, which would almost make me relevant again, which was almost my whole point.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    DudeZag works.

Five stars
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right