Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR GONZAGA TO JOIN THE PAC 12?

  1. #1

    Default IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR GONZAGA TO JOIN THE PAC 12?


  2. #2

    Default

    As a Boise State football fan here's what I'd love to see:

    BYU join the pac 12 as a full member

    Boise join the Pac 12 as a Football only member

    Gonzaga join the Pac 12 in all sports but football.

    This way, the Pac 12 goes to 14 in football and basketball while adding the most competitive teams in the region for each sport.

  3. #3

    Default

    really like that idea!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Nah.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,718

    Default

    This might be the 200th thread on this topic?

    It won't happen. Large, publicly funded research institutions have nothing in common with very small, (for the most part) privately funded Catholic schoolsting with an emphasis on educating its students. We won't get an invite.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    the article lost me when it said the Zags had a "boring regular season"....its never been boring...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliZag44 View Post
    As a Boise State football fan here's what I'd love to see:

    BYU join the pac 12 as a full member

    Boise join the Pac 12 as a Football only member

    Gonzaga join the Pac 12 in all sports but football.

    This way, the Pac 12 goes to 14 in football and basketball while adding the most competitive teams in the region for each sport.
    I'm confused by the love for programs like BYU, Denver, and Grand Canyon. Why are we so preoccupied with mediocrity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I'm good. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    891

    Default

    The headline is misleading.

    Would love for GU to join the Pac-12 and show the conference who's boss on the west coast in basketball, however this article doesn't point to any meaningful dialogue from the conference or our University on the subject. It's just one writer who is making a case for the possibility.
    Last edited by hockeyzag; 06-12-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Just what we don't need: another blog pimp looking for clicks. You got me once...won't happen again.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    I'm good. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Very true. No team is so good as to guarantee the title. You just have to keep getting the team to the front door, and eventually, we get through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Just what we don't need: another blog pimp looking for clicks. You got me once...won't happen again.
    You nailed it. OP has 2 posts and he wants clicks but couldn't even bother to write an insightful blog post with any content. Mods should remove the link in the original post...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    PAC12: large, mostly state schools that plat football; GU: none of these. Bad fit. NO!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    The writer lost me at "would get more nationally televised games". Aside from maybe Arizona, is there another PAC12 team that even comes close to the number of TV games we have? And no, I don't include games on the PAC12 network.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    We’re already no 1 seed and no1 in most polls. How might us joining PAC -12 improve that? Money? Dunno. But our goals are met season after season

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    No
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    You nailed it. OP has 2 posts and he wants clicks but couldn't even bother to write an insightful blog post with any content. Mods should remove the link in the original post...
    I agree with this. Take it down!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    The writer lost me at "would get more nationally televised games". Aside from maybe Arizona, is there another PAC12 team that even comes close to the number of TV games we have? And no, I don't include games on the PAC12 network.
    No
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,703

    Default

    Tacos?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Writer and OP is just a kid who goes to Kansas writing for a blog while in college. Doesn’t know anything about this topic and looking for clicks on our board.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,751

    Default

    Attract more fans, that was freaking hilarious.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Writer and OP is just a kid who goes to Kansas writing for a blog while in college. Doesn’t know anything about this topic and looking for clicks on our board.
    Dr. Graue would have skewered him for lack of preparation. LOL, I still bear the scars from his rapier wit.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliZag44 View Post
    As a Boise State football fan here's what I'd love to see:

    BYU join the pac 12 as a full member

    Boise join the Pac 12 as a Football only member

    Gonzaga join the Pac 12 in all sports but football.

    This way, the Pac 12 goes to 14 in football and basketball while adding the most competitive teams in the region for each sport.
    Pac12 requires schools to be research institutions and they would want a major market to expand. There is no way Gonzaga would be in the P12 without football.

    Boise State has zero chance due to their academic profile alone. The market is smaller than Spokane, which the P12 considers WSU to have covered

    I do think BYU could be considered but they want to stay an independent in football, which wouldn’t work.

    The real schools the P12 wants are Texas and Oklahoma but that’s unlikely. Primary stumbling block before was Texas being unwilling to give up their network or share league revenues equally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Pac12 requires schools to be research institutions and they would want a major market to expand. There is no way Gonzaga would be in the P12 without football.

    Boise State has zero chance due to their academic profile alone. The market is smaller than Spokane, which the P12 considers WSU to have covered

    I do think BYU could be considered but they want to stay an independent in football, which wouldn’t work.

    The real schools the P12 wants are Texas and Oklahoma but that’s unlikely. Primary stumbling block before was Texas being unwilling to give up their network or share league revenues equally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only unrealized goals left for GU basketball are a national championship and the prestige of a power conference membership. The former is likely, the latter is not. As many have observed, GU's biggest weakness in recruiting is its conference affiliation. Being in the WCC does not seem to seriously impact recruiting today, but that may not (likely will not) always be the case. Given geographic and other considerations, GU has nowhere to go for a meaningful conference upgrade.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Dr. Graue would have skewered him for lack of preparation. LOL, I still bear the scars from his rapier wit.

    Most impactful teacher I ever had.

    Dr. Erwin Grace
    Photo credit: Reed Schifferman

    A2960B5A-1570-446F-8486-C1FC40168FCA by tbkd1, on Flickr

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •