Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR GONZAGA TO JOIN THE PAC 12?

Default IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR GONZAGA TO JOIN THE PAC 12?

As a Boise State football fan here's what I'd love to see:

BYU join the pac 12 as a full member

Boise join the Pac 12 as a Football only member

Gonzaga join the Pac 12 in all sports but football.

This way, the Pac 12 goes to 14 in football and basketball while adding the most competitive teams in the region for each sport.

really like that idea!

Nah.

This might be the 200th thread on this topic?

It won't happen. Large, publicly funded research institutions have nothing in common with very small, (for the most part) privately funded Catholic schoolsting with an emphasis on educating its students. We won't get an invite.

the article lost me when it said the Zags had a "boring regular season"....its never been boring...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliZag44 View Post

This way, the Pac 12 goes to 14 in football and basketball while adding the most competitive teams in the region for each sport.
    I'm confused by the love for programs like BYU, Denver, and Grand Canyon. Why are we so preoccupied with mediocrity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I'm good. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The headline is misleading.

Would love for GU to join the Pac-12 and show the conference who's boss on the west coast in basketball, however this article doesn't point to any meaningful dialogue from the conference or our University on the subject. It's just one writer who is making a case for the possibility.
    Last edited by hockeyzag; 06-12-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Just what we don't need: another blog pimp looking for clicks. You got me once...won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    I'm good. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Very true. No team is so good as to guarantee the title. You just have to keep getting the team to the front door, and eventually, we get through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Just what we don't need: another blog pimp looking for clicks. You got me once...won't happen again.
    You nailed it. OP has 2 posts and he wants clicks but couldn't even bother to write an insightful blog post with any content. Mods should remove the link in the original post...

PAC12: large, mostly state schools that plat football; GU: none of these. Bad fit. NO!

The writer lost me at "would get more nationally televised games". Aside from maybe Arizona, is there another PAC12 team that even comes close to the number of TV games we have? And no, I don't include games on the PAC12 network.

We’re already no 1 seed and no1 in most polls. How might us joining PAC -12 improve that? Money? Dunno. But our goals are met season after season

No
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    You nailed it. OP has 2 posts and he wants clicks but couldn't even bother to write an insightful blog post with any content. Mods should remove the link in the original post...
    I agree with this. Take it down!

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    The writer lost me at "would get more nationally televised games". Aside from maybe Arizona, is there another PAC12 team that even comes close to the number of TV games we have? And no, I don't include games on the PAC12 network.
    No

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Tacos?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Writer and OP is just a kid who goes to Kansas writing for a blog while in college. Doesn’t know anything about this topic and looking for clicks on our board.

Attract more fans, that was freaking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Writer and OP is just a kid who goes to Kansas writing for a blog while in college. Doesn’t know anything about this topic and looking for clicks on our board.
    Dr. Graue would have skewered him for lack of preparation. LOL, I still bear the scars from his rapier wit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliZag44 View Post

Pac12 requires schools to be research institutions and they would want a major market to expand. There is no way Gonzaga would be in the P12 without football.

Boise State has zero chance due to their academic profile alone. The market is smaller than Spokane, which the P12 considers WSU to have covered

I do think BYU could be considered but they want to stay an independent in football, which wouldn’t work.

The real schools the P12 wants are Texas and Oklahoma but that’s unlikely. Primary stumbling block before was Texas being unwilling to give up their network or share league revenues equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Pac12 requires schools to be research institutions and they would want a major market to expand. There is no way Gonzaga would be in the P12 without football.

Boise State has zero chance due to their academic profile alone. The market is smaller than Spokane, which the P12 considers WSU to have covered

I do think BYU could be considered but they want to stay an independent in football, which wouldn’t work.

The real schools the P12 wants are Texas and Oklahoma but that’s unlikely. Primary stumbling block before was Texas being unwilling to give up their network or share league revenues equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only unrealized goals left for GU basketball are a national championship and the prestige of a power conference membership. The former is likely, the latter is not. As many have observed, GU's biggest weakness in recruiting is its conference affiliation. Being in the WCC does not seem to seriously impact recruiting today, but that may not (likely will not) always be the case. Given geographic and other considerations, GU has nowhere to go for a meaningful conference upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Dr. Graue would have skewered him for lack of preparation. LOL, I still bear the scars from his rapier wit.

Most impactful teacher I ever had.

Dr. Erwin Grace
    Photo credit: Reed Schifferman

A2960B5A-1570-446F-8486-C1FC40168FCA by tbkd1, on Flickr

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ