Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Recruits Arriving This weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Rumor has it-- he is getting some things taken care of at home and will be in Spokane at the end of the month when the next session starts.
    Sounds logical to me...the young man had a very busy spring before Covid hit. That damn virus has disrupted lives for over 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Inhale...Exhale...Repeat. What will be will be. The Zags will be in good shape we just have to wade through the merky waters the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Haha...noted!
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Well, then those people should be pleased to know that they live a much happier life as Zags fans than those of almost any other university. Our success is much greater and our disappointments much less frequent than almost all other D1 programs. We are very lucky! That is unless they simply live for enjoying speculation and disappointment..... in that case they would get much more of such by cheering for any other program.
    Well said....that's my attitude for the last 25 years......I love being a "ZAG FREEK"

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    That would be great!

Any chance you can expand on this, either on here or in a PM to me? I’d love to take a break from all the time I’ve spent worrying about this lately.
    Minnehaha Academy's graduation was just two days ago so it would makes sense to me that he might have a few things to finish up before leaving. From what I've heard is that he will be in Spokane by months end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GuZag2012 View Post
    Minnehaha Academy's graduation was just two days ago so it would makes sense to me that he might have a few things to finish up before leaving. From what I've heard is that he will be in Spokane by months end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But, but, but, but.....that unsubstantiated tweet (post #68) claims he’s already there.
    Maybe the Minnehaha is on us.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 06-16-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Suggs will be a Zag, everyone take a second to relax about an 18 year old not showing up in Spokane when you all thought he would, not when him and his family planned for him to show up.!

Suggs has been watching lots of Gonzaga film
    https://m.startribune.com/even-witho...out/571344742/

Jalen Suggs posted a countdown to Spokane on his instagram. Suggs will arrive on campus next Tuesday June 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Jalen Suggs posted a countdown to Spokane on his instagram. Suggs will arrive on campus next Tuesday June 30.
    24 hours of point guard heaven! Let’s gooooo!!!

If their is a season. Fauci doesnt want sports to happen. I am not trying to be negative.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    If their is a season. Fauci doesnt want sports to happen. I am not trying to be negative.
    Good thing he isn't in charge

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Good thing he isn't in charge
    Maybe he should be as the governors of SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, TX, OK and AZ are refusing to acknowledge that they opened up too soon! I think they were so worried about the negative connotations it wold have for the upcoming elections...IMO

Realistically, we’d be in a much stronger position if Fauci were in charge. The places where listening to medical experts is a priority are doing much better at containing the virus. I wish everyone was wearing masks inside or when around people, and then I wouldn’t be nearly as worried about having college basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I wish everyone was wearing masks inside or when around people, and then I wouldn’t be nearly as worried about having college basketball...
    It turns out that a lot of people have no concern for others, and will only wear masks when the law forces them to.

Quit picking on me scrooner. With all the people who say they have faith in God's plan, few appear to live the life. To me it appears like they are trying to play God. Of course that is coming from their ego and not from their spiritual center. But then for us human beings that's the battle, isn't it.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Do we really need yet another thread to devolve into this?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Do we really need yet another thread to devolve into this?
    Unfortunately yes. Politics aside and talking strictly hoops. I dont see sports happening as fauci is pushing for zero sports. Idc if he is a right winger or liberal. I am speaking hoops solely.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Let’s get this thread back on track..... this was the date of his expected arrival while everyone panicked last week. All appears to be on schedule currently.

Is Jalen still expected to arrive today?? If not, this board will go in complete meltdown.

I am guessing he isn't flying and that GU isn't sending a plane to pick him up so...does anyone know how many hours it takes to drive from his home to Spokane, gotta be around 700-900 miles?

Default Driving to Spokane?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I am guessing he isn't flying and that GU isn't sending a plane to pick him up so...does anyone know how many hours it takes to drive from his home to Spokane, gotta be around 700-900 miles?
    From Minneapolis, maybe 24-26 hours? Two solid days or multiple drivers to go straight through.

I did this exact trip back in 2002 after I bought my grandmother's car and drove it back to GU. Google says ~1400 miles/21 hours, which sounds about right. I stopped in Billings, which is a bit past halfway.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Dom and Julian did not drive... FWIW

Why wouldn’t he fly? Masks on!