Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Recruits Arriving This weekend

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    cant imagine he is really going for the college education, earning his undergrad degree.
    Assume that was a facetious post......never a talking point for Team Suggs

DOMinate
    @TrickyTrioDOM
    ·
    9m
    Practice begins today at #Gonzaga. The summer session runs through the 29th. Two summer classes begin as well. #DOMinate #TrickyTrio #BigJoker #Zags #GoZags #UnitedWeZag #Basketball

Which one is Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    DOMinate
    @TrickyTrioDOM
    ·
    9m
    Practice begins today at #Gonzaga. The summer session runs through the 29th. Two summer classes begin as well. #DOMinate #TrickyTrio #BigJoker #Zags #GoZags #UnitedWeZag #Basketball

If Jalen wanted people to stop asking the question, he could certainly end the speculation with a quick tweet.

Or maybe he hasn’t settled on the answer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    If Jalen wanted people to stop asking the question, he could certainly end the speculation with a quick tweet.

He’s been active on the T, but not a word recently about GU

Rumor has it-- he is getting some things taken care of at home and will be in Spokane at the end of the month when the next session starts.

Rumor has it-- he is getting some things taken care of at home and will be in Spokane at the end of the month when the next session starts.
    And where did you hear that rumor? Credible source?

Summer school starts in 2wks. it is important for students to get some credits out of the way before BB season starts so the players can take a lighter load. I think it is very concerning that he is not in Spokane and that there is not much on Twitter or any word from team Suggs confirm his passion for GU. But if he does not show up in the next 2 weeks, that will be a huge red flag.

That would be great!

Any chance you can expand on this, either on here or in a PM to me? I’d love to take a break from all the time I’ve spent worrying about this lately.

That would be great!

Any chance you can expand on this, either on here or in a PM to me? I’d love to take a break from all the time I’ve spent worrying about this lately.
    What does an 18 year old, recent high school graduate have to take care of at home? This seriously gets fishier and fishier as the days go by. Somehow Strawther, Harris, and Cook (nearly an adult) make it to Spokane on time, but Suggs is too busy? I want some of these people getting defensive about this to give me some odds on him never showing up. I'll share info and pay up when he flies in.

Everyone:
    As of now (and as has been the case for some time now) there is no speculation for Jalen to end. There also is no question yet that he has left unanswered. Nobody internally expected Suggs in Spokane yesterday and he is coming at a later date (which was expected). Nothing has changed. I suppose it could but I have no reason to believe that to be a concern. Just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Everyone:
    As of now (and as has been the case for some time now) there is no speculation for Jalen to end. There also is no question yet that he has left unanswered. Nobody internally expected Suggs in Spokane yesterday and he is coming at a later date (which was expected). Nothing has changed. I suppose it could but I have no reason to believe that to be a concern. Just relax.
    The negative ninnies have to have their 2 cents! They live in the shadows just waiting for the speculation door to open ever so slightly. Jalen Suggs seems to be holding a lightning rod with this. I’ve learned to only listen to a few people in the know, and then tune out those I know who grapple onto the speculation train...

When I was 18, I started college because I had a crush on a gal who went to a particular college. She changed colleges so I was their alone Life is complicated when you are 18.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    The negative ninnies have to have their 2 cents! They live in the shadows just waiting for the speculation door to open ever so slightly. Jalen Suggs seems to be holding a lightning rod with this. I’ve learned to only listen to a few people in the know, and then tune out those I know who grapple onto the speculation train...
    Well, then those people should be pleased to know that they live a much happier life as Zags fans than those of almost any other university. Our success is much greater and our disappointments much less frequent than almost all other D1 programs. We are very lucky! That is unless they simply live for enjoying speculation and disappointment..... in that case they would get much more of such by cheering for any other program.

Inhale...Exhale...Repeat. What will be will be. The Zags will be in good shape we just have to wade through the merky waters the next few months.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    Everyone:
    Thanks Blue!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Whoever runs the DOMinate account (I'm guessing Shawn Harris) responded to an inquiry on whether Jalen's in town or not with a "Yes, sir."

https://twitter.com/TrickyTrioDOM/st...488963584?s=19

Dom Harris' account DOMinate was asked if Jalen was in town yet and he replied "Yes, sir"

https://twitter.com/TrickyTrioDOM/st...50173488963584

You all beat to it, but here is the screenshot anyway

Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

And just like that... the Negative Nancies fall silent.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Assume that was a facetious post......never a talking point for Team Suggs
    Yes, somewhat facetious, but...if there was not going to be a G league season or an NCAA season (and I have no reason to believe that the NCAA won't have one and a fair amount of doubt as to whether the G league will have one), would you rather sit at home playing pick up ball with the buds, or be at Gonzaga receiving daily coaching from Few and staff, and just incedentially, getting a start on a degree should something happen.

If you were the parent of such a child, is there any doubt that that child would be in school?
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    And just like that... the Negative Nancies fall silent.
    Not silent... I AINT LEAVIN! I'm glad that he's supposedly in town. Odd that a Twitter account run by a players brother has confirmed something that one of the insiders here just contradicted, but OK. It's not like I'm rooting for this to happen, I still just have a bad feeling about it all, but glad to be wrong if I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Not silent... I AINT LEAVIN! I'm glad that he's supposedly in town. Odd that a Twitter account run by a players brother has confirmed something that one of the insiders here just contradicted, but OK. It's not like I'm rooting for this to happen, I still just have a bad feeling about it all, but glad to be wrong if I am.
    Gonzagit - I am with you and I hope I'm wrong too. I saw photos from Dom and Julian yesterday on the plane with face masks making their way to Spokane from their twitter account or from some twitter account. I read where someone saw Aaron Cook at Gonzaga yesterday. When someone can show me that Jalen is physically coming to GU, is on campus and there is a sighting, ZagBlue and/or Caldwell say definitively he is in Spokane, I will feel much better. Until then, I am hopeful, trust me i am since I love the Zags, but will remain skeptical or suspicious. Trust but verify.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Yes, somewhat facetious, but...if there was not going to be a G league season or an NCAA season (and I have no reason to believe that the NCAA won't have one and a fair amount of doubt as to whether the G league will have one), would you rather sit at home playing pick up ball with the buds, or be at Gonzaga receiving daily coaching from Few and staff, and just incedentially, getting a start on a degree should something happen.

If you were the parent of such a child, is there any doubt that that child would be in school?
    Of course. But Team Suggs has never put much emphasis on acquiring a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Zagdawg could be wrong? God forfend.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    It's amazing the ability people have to panic over and over about Suggs.
    Coming in a close second are the continuing palpitations over Andrew Nembhard...lol.