Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recruits Arriving This weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Small number of Gonzaga basketball players take part in voluntary workouts

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ayers-take-pa/
    Inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Inconclusive.
    I’m not saying I blame him, because I don’t think there’s going to be a season this year, but I have a bad feeling that he never steps foot on campus. I have no inside info, but I would bet he just signs with an agent and trains somewhere. Covid has pretty much ruined everything. Even the voluntary workouts seem cumbersome.

Strawther and Harris have been flag carriers for the program. Suggs has come across like GU is almost an inconvenience. Being in a generation and cohort that loves to post everything on social media, Suggs’ silence toward GU has been telling. Again - I’m sure I’ll get jumped on here, and I really really hope I’m wrong (hell he may be in Spokane as I type this) but my bet is he never shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    I’m not saying I blame him, because I don’t think there’s going to be a season this year, but I have a bad feeling that he never steps foot on campus. I have no inside info, but I would bet he just signs with an agent and trains somewhere. Covid has pretty much ruined everything. Even the voluntary workouts seem cumbersome.

Strawther and Harris have been flag carriers for the program. Suggs has come across like GU is almost an inconvenience. Being in a generation and cohort that loves to post everything on social media, Suggs’ silence toward GU has been telling. Again - I’m sure I’ll get jumped on here, and I really really hope I’m wrong (hell he may be in Spokane as I type this) but my bet is he never shows.
    There is absolutely nothing that says this will happen. Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    There is absolutely nothing that says this will happen. Give it a rest.
    And there’s nothing that says it won’t....

Again, I said I have no inside info. And said I don’t and wouldn’t blame him. Just making a GU basketball prediction on a GU message board.

Grad transfer Aaron Cook has arrived in Spokane per his Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Grad transfer Aaron Cook has arrived in Spokane per his Instagram.
    Looks like he will be our starting PG?

If Suggs doesn't arrive on campus in the same relative time period as other incoming recruits, what will be the reason or explanation for that?

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    If Suggs doesn't arrive on campus in the same relative time period as other incoming recruits, what will be the reason or explanation for that?
    He didn't get here at the same time.
    It's not funny.

It's amazing the ability people have to panic over and over about Suggs.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Agree-- but it does give the rest of us a good laugh watching them get all worked up over and over again.......

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    He didn't get here at the same time.
    I know but maybe within a week or two window...summer classes session 2 starts June 29...

https://www.gonzaga.edu/academics/ac...summer-session

I know but maybe within a week or two window...summer classes session 2 starts June 29...

https://www.gonzaga.edu/academics/ac...summer-session
    Is he going to take summer classes?
    It's not funny.

Is he going to take summer classes?
    That's what our incoming freshman and transfers usually do.. and the reason why these other guys are here so early. They can practice with the staff on a limited basis when they're enrolled in summer classes. The athletes usually get put in a program with other athletes and regular students that gets them up to speed and gets them credits before freshman year officially and traditionally starts in the fall.

That's what our incoming freshman and transfers usually do.. and the reason why these other guys are here so early. They can practice with the staff on a limited basis when they're enrolled in summer classes. The athletes usually get put in a program with other athletes and regular students that gets them up to speed and gets them credits before freshman year officially and traditionally starts in the fall.
    True, but has Gonzaga had a consensus one and done before? Just because others have done it one way doesn't mean they all have to.

I guarantee that he will be on campus...or he won't. The sun will still rise and the Zags will still be a top 5 team.
    Could he decide to sit out the year not playing for a G league team instead of not playing for Gonzaga? Sure. The pay would be the same. But not playing for Gonzaga lets him get a start on a college education.
    It's not funny.

And there’s nothing that says it won’t....

Again, I said I have no inside info. And said I don’t and wouldn’t blame him. Just making a GU basketball prediction on a GU message board.
    How dare you.

True, but has Gonzaga had a consensus one and done before? Just because others have done it one way doesn't mean they all have to.

I guarantee that he will be on campus...or he won't. The sun will still rise and the Zags will still be a top 5 team.
    Could he decide to sit out the year not playing for a G league team instead of not playing for Gonzaga? Sure. The pay would be the same. But not playing for Gonzaga lets him get a start on a college education.

College education?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    How dare you.
    Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, jazz? lol

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, jazz? lol
    Not yet.

Jalen said he feels Coach Few is the best coach in the country.

I would imagine he would see the value in learning from him for one year instead of training on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Jalen said he feels Coach Few is the best coach in the country.

I would imagine he would see the value in learning from him for one year instead of training on his own.
    I would also imagine that... but it's 2020 in the middle of a pandemic. The other 2 freshmen and the grad transfer managed to arrive in Spokane on this seemingly planned out date. So where is Suggs?

Perhaps there's a washout on I-90 somewhere between Minny & Spokane.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I would also imagine that... but it's 2020 in the middle of a pandemic. The other 2 freshmen and the grad transfer managed to arrive in Spokane on this seemingly planned out date. So where is Suggs?

No skeptic here BUT this surly possible; however, I’d expect some type of announcement stating this in media. Hope you’re wrong on both occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Perhaps there's a washout on I-90 somewhere between Minny & Spokane.
    Or a mid June blizzard up on Snoqualmie Pass...I been there

What does his Twitter say/not say? Odd.

cant imagine he is really going for the college education, earning his undergrad degree.