Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recruits Arriving This weekend

Default New Recruits Arriving This weekend

The video on You Tube on Dom Harris is just great. I really enjoyed it. And am looking forward to seeing him play.
    What a great group of guards coming into the program this year. Just awesome. And to think that Ballo hasn't even been mentioned much is awesome because he is going to be awesome. We know Timme will be coming back in the frontcourt so we will be so strong there as well. And who knows, maybe Petrusev will be back too. And most likely Kispert will be back to be the leader of this incredible team.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Default New recruits start play Monday

If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

We may have won the whole this last season. This team has a much bigger upside. Some of our kids are untested at the D1 level but I am confident that if they come together like last years squad and if some outside influence like covid stays away, we have as much claim to a title contender as anyone else.

Hate to rain on the parade here, but multiple sources reporting that U of Houston and Oklahoma U both suspended sports activities after multiple COVID-19 confirmed cases. Houston has several symptomatic cases, I don't know about Oklahoma. Both football and basketball players getting cases.

Point is it's something to watch for as GU starts to resume activities.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Hate to rain on the parade here, but multiple sources reporting that U of Houston and Oklahoma U both suspended sports activities after multiple COVID-19 confirmed cases. Houston has several symptomatic cases, I don't know about Oklahoma. Both football and basketball players getting cases.

GU needs to take the extra precautions here and test players immediately when they arrive, and then quarantine those players until their results come back negative. It's unfortunate and may seem a bit extra, but Alabama, Oklahoma, Auburn, and Houston have all had multiple athletes come back positive and spread after they were tested. We don't want to come off as the school that put the health of athletes at risk to get them training right away.

The one aspect I hate of that 247 article is the Joel Ayayi is still "quite young" part.

This is his fourth - and likely last - year in the program. We've all seen his growth as a player and I have the utmost confidence in his ability to be a veteran rock in the backcourt this year. Joel's here to kick ass and chew bubblegum & he's all out of bubblegum. He's gonna be a huge facilitator in easing Jalen's transition to D1.

I love the Aaron Cook pickup too & expect him to fit in seamlessly & give us a good minutes. This team has the makings of something special.

Shawn Harris
    @AD_Westcliff
    About to drop off this Freshman diaper dandy name Dominick Harris dominickharris2 ..Mr.
    @DickieV
    to Coach Few
    @zagmbb

Life is Good!!! God is the plug

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post

Houston didnít test players when they returned to campus unless they had symptoms. Thatís pretty much a systemic issue. Canít speak to Oklahomaís case, but there will be cases when players return. Not everywhere, but there will be and itís not a big deal as long as you have a plan in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Houston didnít test players when they returned to campus unless they had symptoms. Thatís pretty much a systemic issue. Canít speak to Oklahomaís case, but there will be cases when players return. Not everywhere, but there will be and itís not a big deal as long as you have a plan in place.

It is Ok St.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    It is Ok St.

83 miles from Stillwater to Norman, similar to Spokane to Pullman.

That Las Vegas Review Journal article on the Strawther family almost deserves a thread to itself.

The crosses burned on the front lawn of Edward Strawther’s home. The death threats came often and in various ways.

It was the mid-1950s in Alabama when Rosa Park was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white man, a violation of Montgomery’s racial segregation ordinances.

Suddenly, a civil rights movement had a face by which to inspire others.

“My father at the time had a radio show in Tuskegee, and that incident became a very hot topic to discuss on air,” Lee Strawther said. “All hell broke loose. Whether it was the Ku Klux Klan mad about him talking on Rosa Parks or the Black Panthers later on about his support of Martin Luther King, our family had to keep moving. First to Washington D.C., and then to two spots in New Jersey and then west to Las Vegas literally just trying to survive.”

Edward changed his last name to Brown, making it much harder for anyone to find the family.

It is a history Lee Strawther often has imparted to his children, including son Julian, who leaves Monday to begin his college basketball career at Gonzaga. The Zags should rank No. 1 in most preseason polls, and Julian Strawther, as a former Liberty High star who averaged 31.5 points and 11.1 rebounds as an all-state senior, is part of a Top 10 recruiting class.
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...story-2051029/

If you didn’t read the full article, take some time to do it.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Spectacular article, great family. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    It is Ok St.

I only responded to a post. I didnít write the original nor did I research it. I had read Houston didnít test all players, which was a poor decision. I hadnít heard anything about the other school

If the new recruits are on campus, they will begin scrimmaging with our returning players, starting to mesh as a team, including some graduated players from the professional ranks. They will be missing some of those that will be playing in the NBA season.
    The also will, I assume, be attending summer school. Getting the jump on the academic year and being better prepared for the studies while traveling.

Student Athletes on campus bodes well for an upcoming season.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Houston didn’t test players when they returned to campus unless they had symptoms. That’s pretty much a systemic issue. Can’t speak to Oklahoma’s case, but there will be cases when players return. Not everywhere, but there will be and it’s not a big deal as long as you have a plan in place.

Is there some secret way for athletic programs to get tests that the rest of us don't have access to?

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Is there some secret way for athletic programs to get tests that the rest of us don't have access to?
    Not secret, but I would guess that they could contract with a qualified lab to get the number of tests they will need. Most people just don't have that much money in their budget.
    It's not funny.

DOMinate
    @TrickyTrioDOM

2h
    Dom arrives in Spokane today! He'll check into his dorm, take his physical and then do a little shopping to pick up some things he'll need around the house.
    @DreamVisionBall
    #DOMinate #TrickyTrio #BigJoker #Zags #GoZags #UnitedWeZag #Gonzaga #Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    DOMinate
    @TrickyTrioDOM

2h
    Dom arrives in Spokane today! He'll check into his dorm, take his physical and then do a little shopping to pick up some things he'll need around the house.
    @DreamVisionBall
    #DOMinate #TrickyTrio #BigJoker #Zags #GoZags #UnitedWeZag #Gonzaga #Basketball
    Great news - hopefully it's starting.

Anything on Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Anything on Suggs?
    Crickets.......

Harris and Strawther have both landed in Spokane per their Instagrams

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Harris and Strawther have both landed in Spokane per their Instagrams
    Anyone giving odds on whether Suggs steps foot in Spokane?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Anyone giving odds on whether Suggs steps foot in Spokane?
    Not Vegas

Small number of Gonzaga basketball players take part in voluntary workouts

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...ayers-take-pa/