Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Espn top 100 . Is Chet taken yet??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,629

    Default Espn top 100 . Is Chet taken yet??

    Last edited by MDABE80; 06-10-2020 at 12:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    I actually care more about Hunter Sallis than any other recruit this cycle, that is the kid I hope joins the Zag family. It is almost a lock that we will be without Suggs and Ayayi after this season and he would fit right in with Harris for 2021.

    I would be ecstatic with Chet or Paolo as well. I think Perry is highly underrated as a recruit, so we already have one interior piece. I expect Ballo to be back in the 2021 season, and likely Timme/Watson will both be here in 2021 as well. That just means that I think we have some quality inside guys for 2021 so it's not as big a need. That IS NOT in any way to say that either of Chet or Paolo wouldn't be massive gets.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I actually care more about Hunter Sallis than any other recruit this cycle, that is the kid I hope joins the Zag family. It is almost a lock that we will be without Suggs and Ayayi after this season and he would fit right in with Harris for 2021.

    I would be ecstatic with Chet or Paolo as well. I think Perry is highly underrated as a recruit, so we already have one interior piece. I expect Ballo to be back in the 2021 season, and likely Timme/Watson will both be here in 2021 as well. That just means that I think we have some quality inside guys for 2021 so it's not as big a need. That IS NOT in any way to say that either of Chet or Paolo wouldn't be massive gets.
    I don't know if I agree with that. I don't like ranking our recruits, but then what are we basing our priorities on if not ranking? These guys are all studs, but you can't look at Chet, or Paolo, and say they wouldn't be coups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  4. #4

    Default

    This might be a stupid question but I noticed on Peyton Watson’s profile it had no GU offer. I was curious and I looked on his Instagram and he never posted Gonzaga as one of his “offers”. There is no doubt he has a spot on team and we have told him that by having him for a visit, but have we not yet actually extended the offer yet?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I don't know if I agree with that. I don't like ranking our recruits, but then what are we basing our priorities on if not ranking? These guys are all studs, but you can't look at Chet, or Paolo, and say they wouldn't be coups.
    I never said they wouldn't be coups. In fact, my last sentence specifically says that I wasn't "in any way" saying they wouldn't be massive gets. My only point was that Sallis was more important to me because I feel we need backcourt help, from a team standpoint, more than frontcourt help. I also happen to think he is going to be a star...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    This might be a stupid question but I noticed on Peyton Watson’s profile it had no GU offer. I was curious and I looked on his Instagram and he never posted Gonzaga as one of his “offers”. There is no doubt he has a spot on team and we have told him that by having him for a visit, but have we not yet actually extended the offer yet?
    This was his quote on December 30th:

    “They just want to see more of me with how I progress throughout the year. Gonzaga is a very traditional program and they just don’t like to offer guys without them coming out to see them. I am just taking my time with that and being patient, paying my dues, but I am being talked to by them every day and they are recruiting me really hard, but they just haven’t offered me yet.”

    He said this in January:

    “Gonzaga they text and call me every day. They have a really good relationship with my parents

    His official visit came during the senior night game vs St. Mary's on March 10.

    I would assume that we have offered him by this point considering we still have a lot of interest in him. He came onto the high level recruit scene fairly late compared to most. He has shot up recruiting rankings more than any other 2021 prospect.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    This was his quote on December 30th:

    “They just want to see more of me with how I progress throughout the year. Gonzaga is a very traditional program and they just don’t like to offer guys without them coming out to see them. I am just taking my time with that and being patient, paying my dues, but I am being talked to by them every day and they are recruiting me really hard, but they just haven’t offered me yet.”

    He said this in January:

    “Gonzaga they text and call me every day. They have a really good relationship with my parents

    His official visit came during the senior night game vs St. Mary's on March 10.

    I would assume that we have offered him by this point considering we still have a lot of interest in him. He came onto the high level recruit scene fairly late compared to most. He has shot up recruiting rankings more than any other 2021 prospect.
    Senior night in Vegas? March 10 was the final game of the year for Gonzaga.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Senior night in Vegas? March 10 was the final game of the year for Gonzaga.
    Oops. I meant February 29th vs St Mary's. You're right, March 10th was the WCC tournament game vs St. Mary's.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Is there any chance of getting both Holmgren and Bittle both, or would it be one or the other ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Everything Chet has said suggests that Chet is NOT planning to play as a traditional, under the basket C. He wants to play as a modern PF or a (oversized) SF. This suggests the two of them could easily play alongside each other.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Bittle is somewhat the same type player that Chet is though not as highly regarded. Bittle is even skinnier than Chet and I was thinking of him as a forward as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •