Thread: Wither's: Zags waiting on the NBA

Default Wither's: Zags waiting on the NBA

Couple of days old but haven't seen this up yet

https://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/3...ry-up-and-wait
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Thank you for the link, sitting.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Always love Bud's take on things, but..... Don't we think the NBA moving forward is good for college basketball. Wets the appetite for hoops. Few is way to smart to be "down" about things. He's planning and will put the pieces together with Tommy for another great season. Go Zags.!!! (that's for Reborn).

Right now, it looks like mayhem. I do think our kids want to dwt things settled so theycan make secure plans whatever "secure" means these days. No camps for the kids to show their stuff. But remembering where we were 3 or 2 months ago, most of our guys will be with us next year. Add in Cook, Suggs and Andrew, I have every reason to believe we'll get the no. 1 seed and no. 1 ranking going in. It may be ours to lose. NCAA tournament is another animal for many reasons..............luck, injuries over the season and some teams get better while some don't or regress.

The way COVID is going, there likely won't be a big deal in a few more months.certainly by November. Few's assembled a superior group. It's more like he's painted a masterpiece....but form and funtion are sometimes two different things. Hope not this time. A bright future awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Right now, it looks like mayhem. I do think our kids want to dwt things settled so theycan make secure plans whatever "secure" means these days. No camps for the kids to show their stuff. But remembering where we were 3 or 2 months ago, most of our guys will be with us next year. Add in Cook, Suggs and Andrew, I have every reason to believe we'll get the no. 1 seed and no. 1 ranking going in. It may be ours to lose. NCAA tournament is another animal for many reasons..............luck, injuries over the season and some teams get better while some don't or regress.

The way COVID is going, there likely won't be a big deal in a few more months.certainly by November. Few's assembled a superior group. It's more like he's painted a masterpiece....but form and funtion are sometimes two different things. Hope not this time. A bright future awaits.
    Hi Abe - Did I miss the announcement that Andrew Nembhard is coming to Gonzaga? I've been searching everywhere and I can't find it. For a player as important as Nembhard, I would have expected it to make the news. I wonder why nobody is reporting it. I just called my good friend who is a big Duke fan and told him Nembhard is coming to Gonzaga and he told me he hadn't heard that either. Abe - I'm kinda just playing with you and am glad you're confident that Andrew is coming to Spokane. But unless you know something for sure my guess is it is 50/50. But please tell me you know the family well and Andrew told you this morning he has made his decision and will announce it formally soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Add in Cook, Suggs and Andrew, I have every reason to believe we'll get the no. 1 seed and no. 1 ranking going in. It may be ours to lose.
    So, as I read this sentence, Nembard is a GU lock and will be Suggs' backup THIS upcoming season. I have seen nothing that supports such a bold statement!! Others (who are in the know where I am not) have opined that if Nembhard somehow gets a waiver for the upcoming season he likely would not come to GU simply to be a point guard backup to Suggs. So, what the heck gives here?